Chapter 18

Don't Worry, I'll Always Be Here

 

this is very, very, very, very, very short :3

“Hey – Sungjong –“ Myungsoo paused a bit, swatting away Sungyeol’s upcoming hand. “Yeah, hey.”

                Sungjong’s response wasn’t nearly what he’d expected, the younger boy just hummed a little greeting that wasn’t really a greeting at all.

                “What’s up?” Sungjong asked a few minutes later.

                “…So Sungyeol’s dad’s opening up his new restaurant downtown – well, no, it’s more of a café because Sungyeol insisted on having an entire billboard of coffee choices, but either way, we got four free grand opening tickets. We’re going together, so we were wondering if you could come. With a date.”

                “Oh, yeah, I think I’m free for the entire next week.” There was a little shuffling before Sungjong said, “I’ll ask Hwayoung if she is.”

                Myungsoo felt the smile that he’d been holding in spread across his face, making Sungyeol very, very curious. “Great. I’ll talk to you later.”

                “Yeah, okay, thanks anyways.”

                “No problem.”

                Sungyeol grabbed his phone from Myungsoo’s hand a little too late, asking, “What happened? What’d he say?”

                “Hwayoung. And not Ren.”

 

Sungjong let the phone fall from his hands before shaking his head.

                He had to ask Hwayoung, but he didn’t want to ask Hwayoung, because she was probably more pissed than ever at him.

                Like, what was he even thinking?! What was he even doing? He left one of his best friends – alright, one of his only friends –  downstairs by herself after she’d just confessed to him.

                Oh God.

                She just confessed to him, and he hadn’t even considered giving her a reply back.

                What could he even have said? “Hey, you know, I’ve got the whole Infinite-thing going on and you’re, like, a girl.” Yeah, yeah, yeah, no.

                Then there was the idea that…oh Good Lord, Ren. He had a boyfriend. Just because countless amount of girls (okay, one) threw themselves at him, he had to be loyal to Ren, didn’t he? That’s how…that’s how relationships were supposed to work out.

                What made everything better, what made him able to rest reassured, was that that girl was Hwayoung. No matter what he would say, she would always understand. She wouldn’t like it, but she would understand – and she wouldn’t go on a k-drama rampage and blackmail/kill everybody she loved and their significant others.

                Right there.

                He knew her well enough to state that little fact on her and honestly, he’d only known her for…what, a month? Heck, he’d known Ren for a little less than that yet he couldn’t even name his own boyfriend’s favorite food!

                Yet here was Hwayoung and he was nearly 150% sure that he could write an entire sixty page essay on just what her fashion style was.

                He wasn’t sure if that was supposed to make his decision easier or harder, make him feel stronger or more pathetic.

                “I’m an idiot,” Sungjong swallowed. He stared at the calendar tacked to the right wall, telling himself that this month had probably been one of the best in the world. He’d made friends, a boyfriend, didn’t always feel like killing himself.

                Standing up and walking to the door, Sungjong told himself that none of this would have been possible if Hwayoung wasn’t the persistent girl she was.

 

When he’d approached the downstairs room, the last thing Sungjong had expected Hwayoung to be doing was sleeping.

                No, really, on the couch curled up in a ball sleeping. He wasn’t a big person on house rules or anything, but you don’t sleep in somebody’s house just because.

                He prompted to stand at the back of the couch, shaking her shoulder. “Hwayoung…hey…Hwayoung –“

                Sungjong was interrupted when she pushed his hand off lazily and snored a bit, turning the other way to resume back to her peaceful slumber.

                “Will you please just wake up?”

                Another little snore, and Hwayoung kicked the invisible blanket off of the couch.

                Sungjong rolled his eyes at the typical-Hwayoung-wakeup and walked over the other way and bent down to be in eye-level with the girl.

                Taking his two index fingers, he maliciously jammed them into the sides of Hwayoung’s stomach.

                “HOLY ING CRAP!” She screamed, shooting up immediately and shoving Sungjong’s hands away. “Oh my ing Gawd, Sungjong, you scared the crap out of me! And what was that for, that hurt!”

                “It was supposed to wake you up.”

                Judging the smirk on Sungjong’s face, Hwayoung could tell that Sungyeol’s “he’ll-see-how-beautiful-you-are-sleeping-and-fall-in-love” plan did not work in any way whatsoever.

                “Well, I’m awake,” Hwayoung huffed, fixing her hair. “So what now?”

                “What now? Do you realize how much we have to talk about?”

                “I didn’t think we had anything to talk about, not after you stormed upstairs.”

                Hwayoung and Sungjong both took a large step back (well, no, Hwayoung pushed herself back, being on the couch and everything) and were just plain shocked at the girl’s sassy reply. She herself didn’t even know where that had come from.

                “…I just…I…got off the phone with Myungsoo.”

                Myungsoo? “Yeah. And?”

                “Him and Sungyeol have these tickets to Sungyeol’s dad’s grand opening…and they had two extra…so I was wondering if you were free to go.”

                “Free to go?” Hwayoung snorted, still unconsciously pouring sass out of . “Why don’t you just go with Ren?”

                “Ren –“ Sungjong stopped, thinking about it.

                Yeah.

                Why didn’t he even think of Ren? No, he was thinking about Ren, just upstairs. Then why hadn’t he thought about asking Ren to the grand opening and not Hwayoung?

                “You just seemed like a better date?” Sungjong said because, honestly, he didn’t have a better reply. “No, stop, I mean…how do I put this? I…I just thought…“

                “Oh, I see now,” Hwayoung smiled. She brought herself closer to Sungjong, bending down a bit. She got this down, she’d seen the rest of the Queens do it a thousand times to all the jocks at school.

                “You see? You s-see w-what?” Sungjong stuttered, a bit scared at the proximity between the two.

                “You went straight for me, didn’t you?”

 

well okay fine nobody says that but you know what HWAYOUNG JUST DID. 

I'm so sorry lol, I wrote this one Myungyeol oneshot yesterday about closets so I was so freaking tempted to write "I  just made you go back into the closet, didn't I?" but then I realized that, no, that only meant Sungjong would hide being gay and never announce it.

IT'S OKAY THAT THIS IS SHORT 'CAUSE I'LL UPDATE LATER~ Probably at night after DWTS ends, so you can wait for that :3 

I love you all for sticking with this story, let me just say that, okay?! *cries*

oh and and and Krystal, if you're reading this, bahaha I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your party, I'm too busy at home sleeping. Happy birthday, though!

(have you guise realized how many November birthdays there are? Seriously. My deduction of it was that nine months ago was February. We all know what happened in February, didn't we? *winks winks winks winks winks*)

kayyyy~ long a/r is long. I'll see you all later tonight ^^

[[c:6]]