Chapter 1

Don't Worry, I'll Always Be Here

 

WOOHOO~ FIRST CHAPTER ;D thank you for the three subs!! It means so much~ :) ♥

“I know, Dad…”

               The headmaster just gave his daughter a small smile, patting her head. Hwayoung did all she could not to shove his hand away and flatten her hair back. Um, hello, did he not know how long she spent in the bathroom this morning?

               “Good girl. Now go and get to class now, alright?” He gave her another large smile and pulled himself back into his seat behind the desk.

               Hwayoung forced herself not to roll her eyes, grabbed her bag, and left the room without another word to her father.

 

“Oh God. Hwayoung’s coming,” Eunjung noted, fake gagging as she eyed her ‘friend’ come in through the corner.

               “Somebody. Give me a bucket to throw up in before I do it in her face and get detention!” Jiyeon whined, flailing her arms around.

               Hyomin shushed the two girls, watching Hwayoung make her way to her seat in front of them. Next to her, Hyomin could sense Soyeon rolling her eyes in disgust.

               “Hey,” Hwayoung said emotionlessly as she plopped herself down. She threw her bag to the right and pushed her chair back, balancing it on her feet.

               “So, how were you guys’ weekends?” Areum asked, visibly pushing herself as far away from Hwayoung as possible.

               “Oh, I –“

               “We went shopping,” Boram interrupted. She was just sick of hearing Hwayoung’s voice altogether. “Me and Qri. It was fun, wasn’t it?”

               Qri, in the corner, just nodded, and Jiyeon made a mental note to screw Boram over for not inviting her.

               Hwayoung sighed, turning around to look straight at the board. She didn’t know why, but lately her friends were distancing themselves from her. They would never admit it, but she knew that something was up.

               They’d been friends for years – alright, no, Hwayoung only became their friend in high school and Areum a few years ago after her transfer. But Hwayoung was just as included, right?

               She was Ryu Hwayoung, daughter of the headmaster of Woollim Private Academy, home of the most gifted and elite students money could find. Of course she was popular – pfft, what daughter of the principal wasn’t?

               But then again, she was also a part of QUEENS, the group that, Hwayoung had to admit, was at the top and would always stay at the top. They’d gotten that name from a boy from the infamous boy clique INFINITE, ones that you could say were in level with the QUEENS.

               Hwayoung still remembered how Jiyeon made a ‘joke’ about kicking two girls to make six, equal with the boys in INFINITE and they could all be happy couples. She knew much, much better though – Jiyeon just had an immense, very obvious, crush on Kim Myungsoo, INFINITE’s silent, fresh boy.

               Sighing, Hwayoung made little circles on the top of the desk with her freshly painted nails, listening in on her friends’ conversation hopping from the new shoes that was in season to the song released by U-KISS, to how hot Woohyun looked in his uniform today. It nearly sickened her, to be honest. She knew she could’ve made other friends…but there was just something that kept her tied down with the rest of the QUEENS.

               Staying silent, she lifted her head up to watch that same girl through the door and into her seat in the way back. Hwayoung always saw this girl – she had a cute boy cut, similar to the one Hwayoung herself had a few years ago, and nice, sharp, distinct features.

               In her head, Hwayoung promised to go and say hi sometime later on in the year. When the QUEENS weren’t watching, when her social status wouldn’t plummet due to it.

 

Sungjong fiddled with his fingers, flipping the book open and close. He brushed his dyed brown hair away from his eyes, and just looked straight.

               From the corner of his eye, he saw Areum give him a dirty look. Immediately, his gaze shifted back to the ground and his face burnt bright red.

               He knew her – her and the rest of her stupid, idiotic friends. Jiyeon, Eunjung, Hyomin, Boram, Qri, Soyeon, and Hwayoung. All the gossipy, makeup-caked-faced girls with that seriously dumb name. Queens? What the freak was that?

               No, no, don’t worry. Sungjong knew who’d given the popular girls that name – Infinite. Alright, he had to admit that that was a decent name…but he also had to admit that he was jealous. Jealous of Infinite’s bonds, bonds that he was never included in.

               He didn’t want to be, though, because everybody hated him anyways. Sungjong was just the homoual kid with no friends. Weird. Stuck out like a sore thumb, had diseases.

               Well, he’d showed them already in science that one day in the seventh grade when they learned that homouals had no diseases. His schoolmates were just too stupid to comprehend it in their minds.

               The thing was…Sungjong didn’t even know. If he was gay or not…like he even cared. Either way, he wasn’t going to get any friends even if he screamed it aloud.

               Sungjong lifted his head up again, feeling somebody look at him, and he caught the girl’s eye.               The girl – Ryu Hwayoung. Headmaster Ryu’s daughter, everybody knew her. Everybody loved her and everything about her, from her money to her popularity status to her looks.

               He hated her.

               Well, no, he hated most of the girls in that totally y group. For no specific reason, really, except for that they were all just a bunch of pretty faces in a mannequin body. He’d rather not even try to have a conversation with one of them – he doubted they could even hold up a proper one without squealing about TVXQ’s new comeback.

               Sungjong blinked a little, realizing that he was still staring straight at Hwayoung. He didn’t dare move an inch though, because he began to apprehend that Hwayoung was also still looking at him.

               He watched as Hwayoung, unashamed, gave him a tiny flinch of a smile, then turned back. Sungjong was awestruck, unsure of what to do.

               So he didn’t do anything. 

 

FIRST OF ALL I SHOULD APOLOGIZE FOR THE T-ARA STUFF. I'm not a T-ara fan, I don't know any of them or their attitudes. I actually have T-ara's wiki page opened up in the next tab so that I could get at least their names down correctly. =.=" and I'm SO sorry for making them the two-faced es. It was just too tempting. >///< MIANHAE MIANHAE MIANHAEEEEE.

I should also apologize for the y first chapter. It's really just a little cut of how Hwajong's lives are in school (yes guys. Hwayoung thinks Jongie's a girl. Don't be too surprised about that. That's not going to be important though XDD) I'll make it better...promise? LOL actually no, I can't promise that XD well...bye then! And thanks for reading anyways~♥