Chapter 6

Don't Worry, I'll Always Be Here

 

I'm ready to kill somebody right now T^T. ANY YOUR CHOICE READERS OUT THERE? REMEMBER MY GLASSES? They broke =.=" but ya know. being the little Asian girl that I am, I taped them back together (I seriously look like the Asian girl Harry Potter right now.). so stealthy, guys, so stealthy.

“But I don’t want to go back!” Myungsoo whined, tugging on Sungyeol’s arm.

               “We have to. Jiyeon’s probably freaking out that her prince isn’t there,” Sungyeol replied. He grabbed onto Myungsoo hand, dragging him through the silent hallways…that all of a sudden, wasn’t so silent anymore.

               “…this tard?” they heard a voice shout.

               Right away, Sungyeol stopped, having Myungsoo freeze right behind him. He turned around and the two of them stared at each other, recognizing the voice instantly.

               “Areum,” Myungsoo whispered, nodding. Sungyeol let go of the younger boy’s hand and took cautious steps around the lockers to witness the scene going on.

               There was a boy, or a girl (Sungyeol wasn’t too sure, in absolute honesty), sitting on the ground in a stance as if he were about to stand up. There was another girl with her back to Sungyeol, but he could still tell it was Hwayoung – the clothes made it too obvious. Areum was facing him, a furious look on her face and a shaking hand pointing at the unknown figure on the ground.

               “Hey, what’s going on?” Myungsoo asked, shoving his way past Sungyeol and to the scene at hand.

               Hwayoung whipped around, her eyes widening so big, Myungsoo could see her pupils dilate. “Myungsoo, what’re you –“

               “MYUNGSOO!” Areum screamed, running over the now turned-around boy/girl and to Myungsoo. “Jiyeon’s looking all over for you!”

               Shooting her an awkward look, he said, “I asked, what’s going on?”

               Areum stood frozen, not sure as to how to answer the question. Sighing, Sungyeol walked over to Hwayoung and the boy (he’d concluded that the person was a boy – his chest was way too flat to be a girl’s. Every girl nowadays just stuffed their bra, anyways).

               “Hey, you okay?” He asked quietly, his hand on Hwayoung’s elbow.

               Sungjong watched as the tall boy tried comforting a very, very pale Hwayoung. Why…why was she like that? Was she ashamed to be seen with him? Of course. Anybody would be.

               From behind him, he heard the Autumn-whatever-her-name-was say, “Hwayoung was with…him.

               “Him” sounding like some caterpillar she’d just found in her hot and sour soup.

               “Oh, so now you’re judging who Hwayoung’s hanging out with?”

               “Myung –“

               “Shh,” Sungyeol interrupted Hwayoung, holding her back. He looked down at the boy and asked, “Are you alright?”

               But Sungjong was too busy turned around, watching the scene unfold behind him. Areum’s hand was off of Myungsoo’s arm, just staring shocked at him. A second later, her facial expression hardened.

               “You know, Jiyeon wouldn’t appreciate you saying that. She doesn’t like people like…him.” Her facial expression made it clear that she was still not on clear terms with Sungjong.

               “You mean humans?” Myungsoo said loudly, nodding sarcastically.

               “Sungyeol, what’s wrong with –“

               “He’s a little pissed off right now,” Sungyeol answered, his voice still at a calm, bare minimum.

               “Myungsoo…” Areum faltered, dumbfounded. She stepped back a bit, her eyes locked onto Hwayoung’s. “Look what you’ve done! Turning Jiyeon’s guy against us. If you wanted to hang out with people like him, you could’ve just said so! It’s not like we even wanted to be with you anyway.”

               Sungjong felt his heart beating hard, the air around him growing more and more humid by the second. No, no. This wasn’t supposed to happen – all he’d wanted was to talk to Hwayoung for a while, he didn’t want all this to happen.

               He shoved his head into his knees, forcing himself not to look up at Hwayoung. No. Look at what he had done.

               What he didn’t know was, it didn’t even affect Hwayoung that much. Coming from Areum, probably one of her least closest ‘friends’. And she knew, probably a long time ago somewhere in the back of her mind, that the QUEENS had a thing against her. Probably jealous – how was she supposed to know what came from two-faced minds like theirs?

               “They think you buy your clothes at a 50-cent thrift store, and they’re only your friends because you know all the best clubs. Otherwise, you’d be thrown in a ditch quicker than you’d think.” Hwayoung’s voice came out low and steady, a few sadistic hums coming from her. She bent down, grabbed Sungjong’s hand from beneath his head, and pulled him up.

               Shooting a grateful look to Sungyeol, then Myungsoo, she tightened her hand around Sungjong’s limp, surprised one. “I didn’t need crap people like you hanging around me anyway.”

 

The way Myungsoo came back was nothing like how Jiyeon was planning out in her mind. She’d shooed off all of her friends so that it was only her, currently sitting on the lunch table, waiting for her future knight-in-shining-armor to come strollin’ in.

               Oh no, instead, Myungsoo came storming in with Sungyeol close behind him, the taller boy holding a very frightened Areum.

               “Teach your minions to have better manners,” Sungyeol nearly spit at her as she helplessly watched Myungsoo pack up Hwayoung’s things (which were thrown all over the seats because heck, like any of the girls really cared).

              

“I’m sorry Hwayoung, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m so, so, so, sorry –“

               “It’s fine,” Hwayoung breathed, aimlessly staring at the windy trees set before her. Her hand was still closed tightly in Sungjong’s, her mind trying to blank out everything that had happened.

               “No, it’s not –“

               “Can we just not talk about it?”

               Sungjong fell silent, slowly nodding his head. He tried to pry his hand out of Hwayoung’s grip, only for it to grow even tighter.

               “How about…your stuff?” He asked, probably failing his attempt to start a conversation.

               “Sungyeol said he’d get it,” Hwayoung replied. “Probably not the best idea, since it’s with Jiyeon…”

               Sungyeol.

               Sungjong’s mind hardened, trying as hard as Hwayoung was to erase the event that had happened only about half an hour before.

               “Hwayoung…I have to tell you something.”

               “Go on,” she said smoothly, making Sungjong wonder if she was really listening to him at all. Heck, it’d be good if she didn’t! Then, nobody would have to know.

               “Something about Sungyeol…and Myungsoo.”

               Hwayoung’s eyes flipped open, turning to look Sungjong square in the eye. “What? Did I do something wrong? Don’t tell me they were kicked out of Infinite for what happened!”

               They probably would be if anybody found out, Sungjong thought.

               “No…”

               “Oh good God, that’s a relief. I was beginning to think that –“

               “The two of them are about as straight as a rainbow!” Sungjong belted out, shutting his eyes closed. That was about the best possible way he could figure out to say it.

               The hand holding onto Sungjong’s went cold, as if no blood was going to it. “What?”

               “I-I…I saw them…together.”

               “Together?” Hwayoung asked, scared to figure out what ‘together’ meant.

               Sungjong nodded, and Hwayoung wasn’t sure whether or not to act worried or be jump in glee that Jiyeon had no chance of getting to Myungsoo.

               “Like…you.”

               Rolling his eyes, Sungjong nodded. “Yes, me. They just – just have better ways of covering it up, that’s all.”

               “Hmm.” Hwayoung nodded, a little smile coming on her face. “I’ve always wanted a gay guy friend. Thought it’d be pretty cool, you know, ‘cause everybody says that –“

               “Hwayoung!”

               “I’m sorry!” Hwayoung laughed, finally letting go of Sungjong’s sweaty hand. She brushed the hair out of her face and thought for a second. “It was pretty obvious, though…they way they acted around each other.”

               She sat up a bit, looking at Sungjong. “Hey. Are the rest of them gay, too?”

               “What?!” Sungjong stared at her, mortified that Ryu Hwayoung, daughter of the Headmaster, (ex)member of QUEENS, was asking him this question. “How am I supposed to know?!”

               “I dunno, ‘cause, like, you found out about Myungsoo and Sungyeol –“

               “It was an accident!” Sungjong hollered. “What do you think I do for fun, walk around the school and spy on people?”

               Hwayoung laughed again, failing to make Sungjong feel any more comfortable around her. “I’m just joking, alright?”

               “Oh, yeah, thanks a lot!” Sungjong said, his voice reeking of verbal irony.

               Behind them, the bell clearly rang as a reminder that it was now 5th period. Hwayoung sighed, noticing that her bag still wasn’t with her.

               “Wanna just skip?”

               Another weird question, coming from the Headmaster’s daughter’s mouth. “What do you mean, skip? Are you okay right now, seriously, because –“

               “I just don’t feel like going back to class,” Hwayoung shrugged. She pulled her legs up and turned sideways, leaning her back against Sungjong’s shoulder. “It’s nice out here, you know, with nobody to scream at you for something stupid.”

               Sungjong grinned, maybe a little happy that Hwayoung wanted to spend some time with him. He nodded, knowing that Hwayoung could sense his movements, and leaned his head back.

               “We’re going back once Sungyeol and Myungsoo return with your bag,” he told her.

               “Mhm, let’s hope they never find us, then.”

 

I'VE ALWAYS WANTED A GAY GUY FRIEND. let's be honest, who doesn't? They're so awesome LOL.

because rainbows are curvy, and pretty♥ if you're living in SoCal, it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so RAINBOW. yay~ ^^

BAHAHAHA. HWAJONG. I LOVE THEM. it just because now that Hwayoung's not in an idol group anymore, she and infinite(esp Jongie) can't communicate publicly anymore ;_; 3 heartbroken, 'yo.

HOPE YOUR WEEKEND'S GOING SWELL♥ BYEBYE~