Chapter 27

Don't Worry, I'll Always Be Here

SCREAMS HI AM I LATE OR SOMETHING 
and in case you guys don't remember what happened in the past chapters here's a tl;dr so that you don't have to go back and reread the last one:
: jiyeon thought that hwasoo (??) were dating so she got another girl to confront hwayoung but then hwa accidentally let it slip that myung actually had this gigantic crush on jiyeon, oh and a few chapters ago during a dance jiyoen spiked myung's drink and got him to kiss her all while yeol was at home sick. and oh right zico's still chasing after hwa. OH AND if you don't remember areum she's the girl from super early on in the story who found hwajong in the hallway together and then after ing on them, got confronted by myungyeol. oks that's all I THINKK ^^ :

“So I haven’t seen you all day.”

                “Has it ever crossed your mind that that was purposely done?” Hwayoung asked, raising her eyebrows as she settled her lunch down on the table.

                “Aw, don’t be such a killjoy,” Zico nudged her.

                “Aw, don’t be such an annoying person,” Hwayoung mocked back. “Besides, what the freak are you doing here? Go back to your friends.”

                “And I thought we were friends?”

                Hwayoung clutched onto the bottom of her stomach to keep herself from bursting out laughing, only to let a “HAH!” out. Before she could reply in real words, however, her phone began to vibrate inside of her blazer pocket.

                Without giving it much thought, she completely blocked Zico out of her mind and looked at the caller ID only once before picking it up.

                “Hey…”

                “Oh thank God you answered,” Sungyeol groaned. “Nobody else is picking up for some reason and it’s annoying me so much!”

                “Maybe because we’re in school right now?” Hwayoung forced herself to smile even if she knew he couldn’t see her. It was the least she could do after…well, after what she did.

                “But Myung has a special ringtone for me, he should know when I’m calling,” Sungyeol protested. “He hasn’t been answering any of my texts or calls or anything, and I just can’t figure out what I did wrong!”

                What I did wrong.

                Sungyeol didn’t do anything wrong. Everything was on Myungsoo, on Jiyeon, on her even if nobody knew about it yet.

                “Oh, well, um…I doubt you did anything wrong?” Hwayoung tried to say comfortingly. “If I bump into him today, I’ll tell him to call you back. Yeah?”

                Coughing, Sungyeol mumbled a reply. “Thanks. I have to go take my medicine now so I can actually get to school tomorrow. See you then?”

                Hwayoung’s eyes squeezed shut as she gritted her teeth, worried thoughts occupying her mind. “Yeah. You go and do that.”

 

“I’m moving.”

                Sungjong’s head was laying on the desk when he heard the voice, his eyes blinking before knowing that it was familiar but not exactly knowing where it was from. He lifted his head only to get a bigger shock than when he’d seen his girlfriend standing in front of him.

                Because this time, it was Areum placed there.

                “What?” Sungjong closed his eyes and reopened them a few dozen times to make sure he was seeing correctly.

                “I just told you. I’m moving.” She was still, hands held at the side of her body and no facial expression on her face. She didn’t look uncomfortable, exactly, but more like she wasn’t sure of what to do.

                Giving her an And? look, Sungjong furrowed his eyebrows at her.

                “I was intending on keeping whatever you and Hwayoung had a secret, but that was before I discovered that I was leaving this place. Someone needs to know here, and if it’s not going to be me, then it has to be someone else.”

                “…What’re you…even…”

                “There were rumors a while back that you had a boyfriend but I didn’t ing believe that because I was pretty sure you were going out with Hwayoung.” Areum ran her tongue across her lips, trying to place the words down correctly. “Loser paired with loser, I thought that was pretty accurate.”

                Sungjong forced down his glare, only bringing the palm of his hand up to smooth down the hair on the back of his head. “I don’t exactly get what you’re saying, you know that, right?”

                “What I mean is that before I move, someone needs to find out about Hwayoung’s relationship with you. It’s not normal. She’s not a guy.”

                “…What the ?”

                “Gay guys don’t turn straight that easily,” Areum stressed. “I’m talking from experience, I hope you know that. So if you guys think your relationship is weaker than it really is, think again. But there’s also that one pinpoint that if you can’t find the courage to tell anybody about you guys, then I also doubt that your relationship is even considered a romantic one.”

                “What goes on between me and Hwayoung have nothing to do with you and the way you think, alright?” Sungjong said calmly, sitting up straight. “You can go and blab whatever crap your mind says is right, and I highly doubt it is in the first place anyways. Stop getting into my business – if you really hated us so much, you’d leave us alone and not at all care about what we do.”

                Areum clicked her tongue, shaking her head and standing up. “Fine. I tried to warn you – and by the way, it’s not just your business anymore. Hwayoung’s gone deep enough to lie to Jiyeon about her relationship with Myungsoo, and that’s where I draw the line.”

                “Jiyeon doesn’t even like you!”

                “Jiyeon doesn’t like a lot of people,” Areum said sternly. “That doesn’t stop me from being her friend. So all in all, goodbye, Sungjong, and I’m sorry you weren’t smart enough to listen to me.”

                “What the ,” Sungjong muttered underneath his breath as he watched the brat walk away. “What kind of high school is this anyways…”

 

“Is it true?”

                Myungsoo raised his eyebrows, turning around to see a girl about half of his height in the school’s uniform standing behind him. “Um, excuse me?”

                “About you and Jiyeon,” the girl continued. “Is it true?”

                “…There’s nothing going on about me and Jiyeon,” the teenage boy shook his head. “Why do people keep asking me that? And do I even know you?”

                “The dance, though.”

                “The dance was a stupid misunderstanding,” Myungsoo cleared his throat. “I was in a delusional state, she was being overly possessive. There’s nothing that should tie on with that.”

                “But Hwayoung says that you like Jiyeon.”

                And at this point, Myungsoo choked on oxygen and sputtered a few incoherent sounds. “W-what?”

                “Hwayoung says that you like Ji –“

                “I heard you the first time,” Myungsoo interrupted. “Just…what? The , I’ll have to have a talk with her later. Meanwhile…you go and…gossip that I hate Jiyeon from the bottom of my heart or something. That’ll keep you busy for now.”

                The girl didn’t seem at all satisfied, but Myungsoo was too fed up to care. He turned back around and changed his route to the classroom he knew Sungjong always ate his lunch at, pulling out his phone to dial Hwayoung’s number at the same time.

                “…Myung?”

                “What the hell did you tell Jiyeon about me,” he growled into the phone, turning another corner.

                There was a long, silent pause and Hwayoung coughed into the speaker. “I only told Jiyeon, I swear. I said that you didn’t want anybody else to know –“

                “Know what exactly?”

                “That…that you like her?”

                “Huh.” Myungsoo stopped walking just to grasp what his ‘friend’ was saying “I kinda thought that after you witnessed me kissing Sungyeol so many times, it’d be more than obvious that I like him and not her.”

                “Look, Myungsoo, what was I supposed to say? She thought that we were dating, and there wasn’t any way to tell her that we weren’t! I couldn’t say that I was dating Sungjong and I can’t blab that you’re gay and always on cloud 9 with your boyfriend aka your best friend Lee Sungyeol.”

                “Yeah, well why didn’t you tell her that I was aual or something like that?”

                “…That was a really uncalled for reply.”

                “At least it’s more believable than me ever even liking Jiyeon!”

                “She’s pretty!”

                “Sungyeol’s prettier!”

                “Well I can’t tell her that! ‘Oh sorry, Jiyeon, Myungsoo doesn’t like you because Sungyeol’s prettier than you are’.”

                “How about ‘Myungsoo can’t like you because he’s ing aual’??”

                “But you’re not! I can’t lie about something like that!”

                “You told her that I liked her, how is that any better?”

                There was a loud groan from the other line, and Hwayoung finally said, “You know what, I’m sorry. I know I was super stupid and super wrong and super everything negative for telling Jiyeon that, but when will you realize that I didn’t have anything else to say?”

                “Bye, I’m becoming aual from now on.”

                “Myungsoo!”

 

Right after Myungsoo had hung up on her, Hwayoung let out the most frustrated sigh she’d ever had in her life, burying her head into her arms.

                “I’m so stupiddddddd,” she dragged, continuously thumping her phone onto the lunch table. “I’m so –“

                Her pep talk was then interrupted by the vibration of her phone, forcing her head up to look at the caller ID.

                ♥ baby boo ♥

                Sighing again for no reason (she could always sense bad news), she picked up and the phone without even bothering to greet her boyfriend.

                “Hwayoung.”

                “I’m here,” she answered. rubbing her eyes as she pushed herself up.

                “Areum’s moving.”

                “…I think she told me that a while ago but why’s that so –“

                “She said she was going to tell everybody about us.”

                That was enough to get Hwayoung out of her drowsy state, standing herself up and letting out another four groans. “What the freak? But why –“

                “I don’t know! Because she doesn’t know how to keep a damn secret that is doing absolutely no harm to anybody in any way?”

                “Look, I’ll talk to Areum –“

                “Already here,” a girly voice came from behind Hwayoung, reaching to grab the phone away from her hold. “Now tell your little boyfriend that you have to go.”

                Hwayoung glared up at her so-called friend, letting out an exasperated sigh. “He’s 179 centimeters, I don’t think that’s all too little.”

                Areum’s little smirk fell from her face, it being replaced by a little confused frown. “How’s that supposed to help with anything?”

                “Just some interesting facts about my boyfriend, one that you seem to know so much about,” Hwayoung sneered, grabbing her phone back and pocketing it after seeing that Areum had already indeed ended the call.

                “Sungjong, right?”

                “You’re saying it as if you don’t know.”

                “Just making sure,” Areum shrugged, sitting down beside Hwayoung so that her back was leaning against the table and her legs were free to the outside world. “It’s kind of hard to figure out the little things that go on in everybody’s lives these days, eh?”

                Annoyed by the few words that had already fell out of Areum’s mouth, Hwayoung rolled her eyes and asked, “What do you want?”

                “Oh, the typical question. But I don’t want anything.”

                “You’re annoying me.”

                “Straightforward now, are we?” Areum cocked her head. “What happened to timid little Hwa that was too frightened to say no to the big girls?”

                “We aren’t in some teen chick flick movie,” Hwayoung sneered. “I’m not timid right now because I’m pretty pissed off at what you’re doing.”

                “But I didn’t do anything?”

                “What you’re going to do.”

                Areum ran her tongue around her cheeks, placing her elbows on the table behind her and sighing. “When is it that you’re going to realize that what you’re doing is so wrong?”

                “There’s nothing wrong with me dating Sungjong!” Hwayoung practically hollered back immediately, frustrated to her wits.

                 It was then that a little smile formed onto Areum’s face and she pushed herself up, lightly patting her old friend on the back of her hand. “It’s time you finally realized that.”

 

“The ’s that ?” Jiyeon complained as she stared at her phone lock screen. “She told me that he was going to be here for lunch and as far as I can see, he isn’t!”

                “He’s probably running late,” Hyomin flipped her hair, sitting against the bench. She usually hated the outdoors with the sweaty sun and freakish wind that had the capability to ruin her hair, but maybe if she was able to potentially have a conversation with Kim Myungsoo, she’d have to sacrifice some things.

                “Or maybe he’s just really nervous?” Eunjung tried, looking up from where she sat on the ground beside Hyomin. “Hwayoung might’ve told him about you knowing his little secret.”

                “Psh, he should be thrilled,” Jiyeon smiled. “But I’m serious, you guys. Keep it a secret between us, alright? Hwayoung said that Myungsoo isn’t always exactly public with his feelings, so he wouldn’t like it so much if it spread that he was in love with me.”

                “Um, he only likes you?” Hyomin raised her eyebrows, pushing her crop top up a bit more.

                “It’s the same difference,” Jiyeon waved.

                “Hey, lunch is almost over and neither of them are here yet,” Eunjung pointed out. “Can we just go back inside? I’m getting really hot – and besides, if you leave then he’ll know that you aren’t a girl who waits for guys or whatever.”

                To be honest, she’d only said that to get them into the building because she really despised heat, but she had no idea Jiyeon would actually take that into account.

                “…You’re right, Eunnie. I should totally do that!” Jiyeon grinned, pulling her two closest friends up. “If I completely ignore him and let him be, he has to realize that I can’t be the only one keeping up the feelings forever. He’d be the one that has to come to me! Dude, this is genius!”

                Eunjung’s “I didn’t mean forever” and Hyomin’s “What if he doesn’t like you, though” got smashed and lost together with Jiyeon’s excited giggles of “He has to learn how to man up”.

 

Just as Myungsoo was about to open the door and enter the classroom he knew Sungjong would be sitting in, a boy’s voice said, “Myungsoo, right?”

                He turned around to find a person he’d never seen before, wearing the school’s uniform with his blazer hanging over an arm.

                “I’m Zico, I’m new,” the boy introduced himself with a half smile. “Sungjong pointed you out when he was showing me around the school.”

                “Um…that’s nice?” Myungsoo shrugged with a really hard attempted smile back.

                “Listen, can we talk? Somewhere private. I mean, it’s not like I have something private to say – maybe it is, I’m not too sure – but I’m not sure the whole world should know about it.”

                Myungsoo only moved his upper body to glance around the completely empty hallways. Yeah, because the whole world was totally in there.

                “Uh…sure?”

                “Thanks,” Zico nodded as he led the two of them to a corner where the back of the classroom was. “This morning, right, I saw you with Hwayoung.”

                “…You know Hwayoung?”

                “Yeah? Anyways, I’m pretty sure you two are close or whatever, so I kinda need your help.”

                “In doing what?” To say the least, Myungsoo was a little frightened at what the other was trying to say.

                “Isn’t it obvious?” Zico asked with his eyebrow raised. “I kinda need her to…ya know…let loose a bit around me, if you know what I mean?”

                “No?” Myungsoo said with even more confusion this time.

                The new boy let out a frustrated groan, taking his blazer and settling it over his right shoulder. “I need to get her to be my girlfriend.”

                There was a long stretch of silence until Myungsoo let out a weird, estranged noise that had been stuck in his throat. “And you said Sungjong was the one that showed you around?”

                “Yes?” Zico said, wondering why that was of any importance.

                “And does he know you have a…thing for her?”

                “…I guess so? What’s so important about him anyways –“

                “Yeah, okay, um, if I were you, I would seriously consider going for another girl,” Myungsoo interrupted lightly, clapping his hands together with a slightly fake smile on his lips. “Just, you know, for precautionary things. Actually, you know what, I know this girl that’s totally into guys who like other people, like you! Her name’s Jiyeon, and I swear you guys are perfect for each other.”

 

 

because they're both relationship ruiners O v O

HAHA BUT HI I REALLY DIDN'T MEAN TO TAKE LIKE 3+ MONTHS UPDATING AND IF YOU DIDN'T REALLY MISS THIS STORY AT ALL THEN NEVER MIND THAT'S ALL OK 

i'll try updating sooner i swear ♥♥ my summer's finally beginning to START (after all the summer schools and camp) and i'm super sore so the only thing i can really result to is sitting on my bed on my laptop all day either typing or spending my life on the internet <333

thanks for all the people that stayed subscribed and still comment! you guise are so amazing like legit ok, i sob.

[[c:8]]