Chapter 8

Don't Worry, I'll Always Be Here

 

HIIIII LOL. HOW WAS YOUR TUESDAYYYYYY. mines was crappy. bahahahha. happy reading~

Boram gulped a bit, holding onto Hwayoung’s (disgusting) hand. She seriously didn’t even want to say hi to the girl, but Jiyeon had told her that she had to drag Hwayoung over there because they needed to “talk”. She was hoping, really, really, hoping that Hwayoung would finally get kicked out.

               “Hey – Boram – you –“ Hwayoung froze a bit, her voice lost in when she saw that Jiyeon was now standing in front of her. “Oh. Hi.”

               “Yeah, hi to you too,” Jiyeon spit. She gave Boram a look, signaling the girl to walk away. “Where were you during lunch?”

               “Myungsoo went back, didn’t he?” Hwayoung said quietly.

               “Yeah, after avoiding me like the ing plague!” Jiyeon breathed out, trying to calm herself down. “And why on earth was with Sungyeol and Areum?! I sent Areum to go and get you. Then what happens? She comes back with Sungyeol, too.”

               “Look, I’m sorry, I didn’t know –“

               “Jiyeon.”

               Hwayoung’s eyes widened, looking behind Jiyeon’s shoulder. The hallway had been empty a few minutes ago, only having occupied her and Jiyeon, but now there were exactly two more people.

               Jiyeon turned around as fast as she could, recognizing the voice as her Prince’s. Her smile wavered a bit at the sight of Sungyeol, but she managed to keep it up. “Myungsoo!”

               He pointed at her, then at the classroom nearest to them, and walked into it. Jiyeon, anxious as ever, skipped in with him.

               “And you,” Sungyeol hissed at her before walking into the room with the other two, “you go talk to Sungjong. Now.”

 

Silently cursing herself, Hwayoung ran around the school in attempts to look for the lost boy. Sungyeol had told her he’d be in the bench in the back of the school, but she’d checked there. He just wasn’t anywhere.

               “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” she muttered, jogging around a corner. Okay, she knew, it was stupid for her to have done that and left Sungjong. But she didn’t really have a choice – her entire buildup of 3 years was going to crash down if she didn’t.

               Oh, like it hadn’t already. Two hours ago, she was all set to confront Areum about Sungjong. Later, in front of Boram, she completely chickened. Hwayoung didn’t know what it was, but whatever it was, she had to fix it. Fix the mess that she had made with Sungjong because, after all, she was the one that had ultimately led him on.

               No, she didn’t ‘lead him on’. It was just her first reaction to do so. If Boram had said something bad about Sungjong, Hwayoung probably would’ve burst. She wasn’t going to stand people teasing Sungjong for something as stupid as ‘he looks like a girl’ – heck no. All those es were just jealous of his gorgeousness.

               “SUNGJONG!” She screamed, tired of looking for him. “PLEASE COME OUT. PLEASE.”

               Not a reply. But thing was, Hwayoung had managed to hear a hiccup from the other corner, which she presumed to be Sungjong.

               “Water?”

               Sungjong looked up to see a water bottle in front of him, followed by Hwayoung’s apologetic face. “T-thank you.”

               Taking it, he took a light sip before capping the bottle.

               “I keep on saying this, I know, but I’m sorry, Sungjong. I really am.” She threw him her bag, which he put the water bottle back into. “I’m not used to not following their rules. They tell me to go somewhere, I go. They tell me to do something, I do it.”

               “I know,” Sungjong said, hugging onto the bag. It smelled like Hwayoung, like roses and blueberries. He watched as his legs kicked back and forth, his eyesight locked on everything but her.

               “I know you do. I just…feel guilty everytime I do it. Like you’re going to be cursing me behind my back, or something. I don’t want our friendship to be like that, Sungjong. I don’t want to have to ditch you everytime one of those two-faced es come around just because I’m ashamed to be seen with you.”

               “Are you? Are you…ashamed?”

               When Hwayoung had caught her mistake, she knew that she couldn’t just lie and say that she wasn’t. She just said it, anyway. “It’s an automatic lapse in my brain to, Sungjong. It’s not like I want to be. I’m just going to think over it and be, why the heck am I scared to be seen with Sungjong?”

               “Um, because I’m gay?”

               “I’m countering that. Myungsoo and Sungyeol.”

               “How about because they actually know I’m gay?” Sungjong shifted Hwayoung’s bag off of his legs and to his stomach, pulling his knees up around it.

               “They’re stupid, that’s all it is. They’re stupid, and they’re all judging you by your stereotypical looks.”

               Sungjong snorted, saying, “Like you don’t.”

               “Look, I don’t even asked you to be my friend, alright? I thought you said I was stupid earlier today.”

               “You are.”

               “That’s not what I mean, Jongie. Like…you know I’m just gonna keep going around and leaving you every three seconds. And making you my secret friend, somebody that just hides in the closet and can’t be seen. If you know you’re those things, then why do you insist on wanting to stay with me?”

               “…But I’m already out of the closet.”

               Hwayoung groaned, shaking her head. “You’re hopeless. Seriously.”

               “You actually care about me,” Sungjong cleared his throat. “You actually stood up for me against one of your fellow queen minions. Even if it was once, and you’d probably never do it again, it felt nice. To have somebody do that for me, you know.”

               “I’m a horrible person.”

               Sungjong laughed, throwing the bag back into Hwayoung’s lap. “I’m glad you realized. Now let’s go back. I need to go home, my parents are going to kill me, and you need to go back to the Headmaster.”

               “And get destroyed? No thanks.”

               “Then you’re on your own,” Sungjong said. He stood up, taking his bag from behind him. “It’s almost 8, anyway. I’ll see you tomorrow. And we might actually talk, if I can find you alone.”

               Before he could set off, Hwayoung managed to grab his hand and pull him back towards her. “Don’t say that, Sungjong. I do want to talk to you…alone or not alone.”

               “Yeah, and get your friends to pull you away again?”

               “Sungjong.”

               “Hwayoung.”

               “I…I’ll talk to Myungsoo and Sungyeol. They’ll do something, they have to. The two of them have practically the entire school beneath their hands, if that doesn’t include the rest of Infinite. Give me a chance to redeem myself, okay?”

               Sungjong tried to not let his hand get sweaty in Hwayoung’s familiar hand grip. “Please don’t. I’ll rather be that gay friend in the closet that gives you fantastic hair advice.”

               Hwayoung let go of Sungjong’s hand in order to let herself burst into a fit of laughter. “Oh my God, Sungjong. I really do love you.”

               “Yeah, I’m amazing, I know. I’ll see you tomorrow. Text me, okay?”

               Nodding, Hwayoung waved goodbye to Sungjong.

               That was when she realized, she actually didn’t have Sungjong’s number at all.

 

I'm...so sorry...I had no idea how to end it ;_; (all true stories, guise. dude that moved was all "I'll remember you call you all the time, kay?" yeah. he didn't even have my number ._.)

OMG Y'ALL I GOT 21 SUBS FOR THIS ;_; WHAT I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY AND I CAN'T STOP BEING HAPPY AND yeah. :3 ♥ byebye~ have a great week ^^