Chapter 25

Don't Worry, I'll Always Be Here

 

hahaaa guess who's back c; LOL I DIDN'T MEAN TO TAKE LIKE TWO MONTHS OKAY I SWEAR I'M CRYING INSIDE BECAUSE LACK OF HWAJONG TOO BUT LIKE yeah. I can't give you guise a solid reason as to why I haven't updated this story, I just haven't. the updating kinda slowly died after I slowly stopped updating daily hurhur.

BUT URMG GUISE HWAJONG FEELS FROM LIKE WEEKS AGO I'M CRYING BECAUSE THEY'RE PERFECT OKEY. <3 obviously they should be shipped. like how can you not see THAT. sorry i'm late for this fangirling moment guise. 3

oh and i'm sorry. i've been sitting in this same spot for like two hours typing this okay my is numb and it hurts. so that's my excuse for this being so...un-sufficient.

“He ‘remembers’ you,” Hwayoung hissed absentmindedly, leaning over beside her boyfriend’s ear. “Should you be creeped out? My phone already has the police on speed dial just in case.”

                “Aww, Jongie, why don’t you tell Hwa here that I’m not a creeper? Lord knows she won’t believe me herself.” Zico sauntered over to the two, tilting his head to the side.

                Sungjong kept his eyes locked on Hwayoung, who seemed more than just confused at the statement. He turned back to stare at Zico, then took a very slow step back.

                “Oh c’mon. You remember me, don’t you?”

                “Wait, hold, you know him?” the only girl of the three shrieked when she finally realized what was going on. “And you – you – you know him?”

                “Yeah,” Sungjong nodded, seeming indifferent about it all. “He was my childhood friend’s little brother.”

                “See? Not a creeper,” Zico stuck his tongue out.

                Hwayoung subconsciously shifted herself to stand half behind Sungjong, placing her chin on his left shoulder. “You still scare me.”

                “Our parents are still watching,” Zico retorted as if Hwayoung actually cared.

                Using her right index finger, Hwayoung pocked the other side of her boyfriend’s waist in attempt to send him a message that the other teenager wouldn’t hear.

                “Can you…can you please stop that?” Sungjong asked timidly, and Zico was in a way shocked to see that it was directed towards him. “It’s kind of annoying her. And Hwayoung doesn’t like things that annoy her…it gets her mad. And she’s kinda mean when she’s mad.”

                Hwayoung’s eyebrows furrowed as she straightened her back, her chin lifting off Sungjong’s shoulder. Since when was the diva this cooled down?

                Before she could ask anything though, Sungjong turned around and gave her a slight smile. “By the way, Myungsoo says he’s looking for you.”

                “For me? Why?” Hwayoung stepped back a bit so that her face wasn’t smack in front of her boyfriend’s (not that she would mind, but like, you know, random creeper standing there and everything).

                “I dunno,” he shrugged. “Said something about Jiyeon, then something about winter formal…you remember? The dance we didn’t go to because you said you’d rather spend that Saturday night sleeping in bed?”

                “Hey, don’t blame me, it’s not like you didn’t come over and eat half my kitchen.”

                “I would’ve eaten half the school’s food supply if we’d gone to the dance, you know.”

                Eyes narrowed, Hwayoung sighed and softly smiled back. “Whatever. I’ll go talk to Myungsoo…see you later?”

                “Yep,” Sungjong nodded, noticing very clearly that his girlfriend was completely ignoring Zico’s very existence.

                As he watched her back go further away from him, Sungjong felt a hand on his left shoulder spinning him around.

                “What was that?” Zico asked, eyebrows raised and hands in his pockets.

                “What was what?”

                “You know. You and Hwa.”

                “Don’t call her that, she hates being called Hwa,” Sungjong intervened. “Unless it’s me calling her that…but otherwise, yeah, don’t call her that.”

                “Unless it’s you? What are you, her dad or something?” Zico added in an incredulous laughter just to keep his douche streak the same.

                “Well, she doesn’t really let her dad call her that either, so no, not exactly,” the shorter boy answered in the most respectful way he could. Really, would somebody remind him how he fell for this guy in the first place?

                Zico examined Sungjong’s lithe body one more time with his eyes, slowly trailing up as he cleared his throat. “Baby-sitter, maybe? Or are you, like, her long lost cousin? Tenth cousin twice removed?”

                “Um excuse me, but what –“

                “Sungjong!”

                The called boy looked up behind Zico to find himself staring at his headmaster – Hwayoung’s dad? And a random woman following him behind, wearing a tight-knit navy blue pencil skirt and a matching blazer with a  ruffle white blouse who looked more than just familiar.

                “Oh…hi.”

                “You know him?” Zico questioned, craning his neck around to look at his mother and his soon-to-be principal (or father-in-law, but that’s not important right now).

                “Oh, of course!” Hwayoung’s father grinned. He stepped behind Sungjong proudly, clamping a hand onto the fragile teenager’s back. “Lee Sungjong. Say, do you know where Hwayoung went? I actually sent her out to show Zico around –“

                “Yeah, she went to talk to –“

                “Oh well, doesn’t really matter now!” the older man laughed. “Anyways, Sungjong, if you didn’t know, this is Zico. He’s a new student here. Like I said, I sent Hwayoung to give him a tour…but I guess you’re just as good, right?”

                He let out another hearty laugh, then looked up at Zico. “Let Sungjong show you around. He’s actually one of our top students, you know. Very dedicated to his work.”

                “Yeah, I know,” Zico let out a little half smile. “We actually grew up together on the same neighborhood.”

                And that’s when the woman presumed to speaking, clapping her hands together loudly as she beamed. “That’s why you look so familiar! And the name, too, but I couldn’t figure it out! You’re our little neighbor, Lee Sungjong. Oh my, dearie, I remember you. You were the sweetest little child ever, with your beautiful manners and that a-dor-a-ble little face!”

                Sungjong allowed his teeth to show a bit as he smiled, bowing. “Yeah. That’s me…it’s great to see you again, Auntie. It’s been a while since you’ve come back.”

                “Oh, I’m not staying. I’m only here to make a good foundation for my Zi-Zi’s high school education. He’s staying with his older brother at your house – your mother told you already, didn’t she?”

                “Right, yeah, this morning. She was actually cleaning out Dad’s old study room. It hasn’t been used for a while, so it’s a bit dusty and messy.”

                “Wait, your dad’s study room?” Zico blinked a bit, latching his left arm onto Sungjong’s right. “We’re going to be staying in…your dad’s room?”

                “Well, yeah, inevitably you have to. There’s no other room in the house to stay in.” Sungjong swallowed a bit, shrugging nonchalantly though he swore in his mind that Hwayoung’s dad could probably feel him shaking.

                “That’s wonderful, really!” the headmaster declared, taking his arm from Sungjong’s shoulder before clapping them together. “I couldn’t think of a better way for this to happen. See, now you know both Hwayoung and Sungjong, Zico! Two of my favorite students in this entire school!”

                Zico’s mother laughed along with the man, but the look of distraught on her son’s face couldn’t be missed for the world.

 

The first place Hwayoung knew to go to if she ever wanted to meet Myungsoo was the courtyard – the place only the QUEENS and INFINITE knew about because her father didn’t bother to tell anybody else about it.

                His back was facing her, backpack laying aimlessly on the ground beside the chair he was seated on. It was slightly windy, but Hwayoung knew she could manage in the uniform skirt.

                “Hey,” she said slowly, walking over to stand next to his chair on the left. “Sungjong said you wanted to talk to me.”

                A sound that seemed like a sigh escaped Myungsoo’s mouth, and he turned to look at Hwayoung, eyes a bit squinted due to the high sun. “Yeah…I need your help.”

                “Help?” she asked. Hwayoung put her hands behind her back, stepping a few feet in front of him before sitting down cross-legged on the ground. “This has something to do with the dance on Saturday and Jiyeon…and Sungyeol, I’m presuming?”

                “Yeah,” Myungsoo sighed again, looking down at his intertwined hands.

                “…And Sungyeol’s not here with you right now, and he’s always with you. So what happened?”
                “Sungyeol’s sick. He caught it from his little brother Friday night when he bailed on me to babysit.” Myungsoo bit his bottom lip, adjusting himself in the chair. “I offered to come to his house and help babysit, but he said he didn’t want me getting sick. Then he went and got sick, with a really high fever, too.”

                “So I’m guessing he didn’t go to the dance?” Hwayoung tried, not too excited to hear where this was headed – and she was kinda sensing it.

                “No…I wasn’t gonna go either because Sunggyu and Woohyun were gonna go out to eat somewhere else, and Hoya and Dongwoo were going to some dancing competition. Which means I’d be by myself either way, but then Sungyeol insisted that I go because I’d always “have a ton of friends anywhere”. And he told me to get him some food.”

                “…Jiyeon went to the dance,” Hwayoung added quietly, and Myungsoo nodded slowly.

                “Yep. She was the first thing I saw when I came to the school…it wasn’t a very pretty sight.”

                She hummed a reply, and the boy continued. “Then…well, I think it was midway through the dance, but one of those es…you know, I think it was Soyeon? Yeah, her, she gave me a drink because she thought I looked dehydrated.”

                “Drink…oh God, don’t tell me!” Hwayoung shouted, bringing up her hands to cover her face and rest her elbows on her knees. “I didn’t think Jiyeon would make them stoop this low…”

                “Well yeah, she did.” Myungsoo ran a finger over his teeth, then bent down to take Hwayoung’s hands off her face. “And everything pretty much goes downhill from there.”

                “…Downhill? How exactly down does this go?”

                “She just kissed me!” he said immediately, standing up. “That’s it! And I only kissed back for about two seconds before I figured out that I wasn’t supposed to be kissing her. That’s all. It stopped there. I called my dad, and he picked me up. And I went home. That’s it.”

                Hwayoung let herself breathe, her legs shaking up and down in attempt to figure out something to say. “…And let me guess, you didn’t tell Sungyeol, did you?”

                “I didn’t want him to worry. He’s sick, and he might even think I was cheating on him for the slightest bit even if I only kissed back because I was a bit off in the head.”

                “If your guilt doesn’t eat you up before this, you could just not tell Sungyeol. He wouldn’t have to know, and Jiyeon wouldn’t tell anybody because she’d be embarrassed as to what happened. And she’d be able to prevent the whole school from talking about it.”

                “I thought about that, but it wouldn’t work. I’ve been ignoring Sungyeol’s calls for the past two days…and here my phone’s vibrating again, with another text from Sungyeol.” Myungsoo took the buzzing phone from the table next to him, carelessly throwing it into Hwayoung’s hands.

                “And you haven’t replied because…?”

                “Because then he’d ask what happened, and he’d keep bugging me forever about it. I can’t use any excuse about my phone dying because God knows I can’t spend that long without talking to Sungyeol.”

                Hwayoung looked at Myungsoo’s phone again, one more time, before the screen automatically locked. Her eyes went up to her friend’s conflicted body and she shook her head, still trying to figure out why the she was friends with Jiyeon in the first place.

                “Look, I’ll talk to him for you,” she started, laying a hand on his knee. “He’s sick, right? I could just bring him some soup or something, then see how he’s going on without you for the past few days. It can’t be –“

                “I knew it. I knew it, yet I didn’t want to believe it because I didn’t think it would happen, but I ing knew it!”

                Hwayoung’s eyes flew open and she scrambled to her feet, tossing Myungsoo’s phone back into the owner’s hands as he also stood up. The two of them stared at Jiyeon while the girl was making her way to them.

                “Why you left me on Saturday,” she hissed, pointing an accusing finger at Myungsoo. A few seconds later, the finger moved to Hwayoung’s face. “Why you were acting so strange and all lovey-dovey or whatever stupid like that for the past few weeks. All of your random disappearances. Myungsoo and Sungyeol always standing up for you. Now I know why, and now I also know that you’re a bigger than any of us will ever be!”

                Hwayoung let a hot breath out, trying to cool herself down before she said anything rash. She didn’t seem to notice, however, that for once she wasn’t doing her best trying to please Jiyeon and find a way closer to her as possible.

                “Jiyeon, honestly, stop being such a little snotty ,” Myungsoo sighed, frustrated, from the side. He put one hand in his pocket and rolled his eyes at her. “Honestly, for once, get your facts straight. Whether or not I’m dating Hwayoung is absolutely none of your business…and even if I wasn’t, I still wouldn’t date you. I’m sorry, but y brats aren’t really my type.”

                Jiyeon had a hand placed on the center of her chest, her breathing turning abnormal as she glared from Myungsoo then Hwayoung, and back.

                “You two just wait. Keep it up, and trust me, your relationship isn’t going to last. At all. You two are gonna be over before either of you know it.”

                “Well, lucky for you , we aren’t together,” Myungsoo said underneath his breath, smirking as he watched Jiyeon run off.

                “More rumors to get through but at least we’ve got one off our backs for now,” Hwayoung agreed.

                Myungsoo took his right hand out of his pocket, laying it flat, and Hwayoung, out of pure habit, high fived it.

 

it's funny because this is a true story.

or at least what I heard. idk, but yeah, winter formal at my school was pretty intense (I didn't even go el oh el). 

sorry for the lack of hwajong moments D: I just wanted to have a solidified plot before I continued.

oh and guise forget about the myungsooxhwayoung thing lol it's just a joke to piss jiyeon off okay, it'll never happen. i'm not even gonna add a "or will it?" behind that statement because, lol, no, it isn't gonna happen.

YADONG AND SUNGGYU AND MYUNGYEOL GRADUATED SOBS I'M SO HAPPY FOR THEM<3 and I'm proud :D that they managed to do all that! anddddd aj's coming back for u-kiss's march comeback URMG OVER EXCITEMENT AT THE MOMENT<3 I'm crying, like legit guise.

kkkkkk hope you missed me ;D if you didn't, you can voice your disappointments down below. i'm welcome to hear it. 

just before you do, think of all the tissues I'll be wasting before you do.

i'm kidding guise feel free to bash

OH WELLS I'LL UPDATE FASTER NEXT TIME OKAY NOT LIKE A MONTH'S WAIT. I PROMISE. I LOVE YOU. REALLY. A LOT. OKAY.<3 bye ;D

[[c:14]]