Chapter 14

Don't Worry, I'll Always Be Here

 

HOLY CRAP 30 SUBS THAT'S LIKE 25 MORE THAN I EXPECTED. kay will rant later...one the bottom...muahaha.

“You look like….”

                “Thanks, Captain Obvious,” Hwayoung grumbled, pulling the door a little wider. She brushed a hand through her uncombed hair, barely able to open her eyes. Everything was so bright.

                He looked at her as if expecting an explanation, so she said, “It’s only 9 in the morning, alright?!”

                Sungjong laughed a bit, balancing the bag of food in his hands. “Didn’t your dad tell you I was coming?”

                “Even if he did, I wouldn’t have woken up.” Hwayoung watched Sungjong walk in, knowing full well that that was a lie.

                “Then where’s your dad?”

                “I’ll get him…” she yawned, going up the stairs one by one, her feet pounding slowly. “It’s way too early to be up on a Saturday morning…”

 

Hwayoung was still a disgusting zombie by the time she got into her room from her father’s, closing the door as loud as a sleepless person could.

                She stared at the crappy reflection of herself in the mirror, wondering who the freak she even dared to walk out of her room like that.

                Anybody seeing her in this state had the right to stab their eyes out.

                “He probably thinks I’m a freak now,” she sighed, as if he hadn’t thought that she was a freak before this.

                As Hwayoung fell onto her bed, she stared at the ceiling and went over her choices.

                There was that option of staying locked up in her room and using the excuse “Fell asleep again” when her dad or Sungjong asked her why she hadn’t come back down.

                And then there was the obvious one of getting dressed and physically going downstairs, which she’d rather prefer not to do. She wasn’t in her right mind to choose clothes yet, especially with that totally barf-worthy sweater her father had bought her and taped onto the mirror right in front of her in hopes that she’d actually someday wear it.

                Besides, why did her father even invite Sungjong for breakfast?! Good Lord, who was even awake enough to eat without stabbing themselves with the fork?

                Opting to walk into her bathroom and washing her face, Hwayoung grabbed a gigantic hoodie to pull over her white tank top. She considered using mouthwash instead of brushing her teeth because she would just swallow the toothpaste when she realized, she might as well swallow the whole entire bottle of mouthwash and die.

                So she grabbed about fourteen mints from her backpack, tossing them all into at once – don’t worry, she was still sane enough to make sure it wasn’t possible to overdose on these things.

                She tried to brush her hair, but ended up grabbing a lint roller and pulling out half of her ing hair, so decided to just walk downstairs with an amazing bush of hair on her head.

                Hey.

                Sungjong wasn’t gonna like her either way, so she might as well be ugly.

 

The only bad thing about Hwayoung’s method of freshening up was that it was simply too fresh and nearly made Sungjong cry from the over excessive amount of mint when she talked to him.

                “It’s from the new bakery downtown,” Sungjong explained after backing about twenty feet away from Hwayoung as casually as he could. “Ren and I went there this morning, decided to bring something by.”

                “Oh, you didn’t have to!” Hwayoung’s dad said, side smiling at Sungjong. “You’re a really good kid, you know that?”

                Sungjong just smiled in reply, taking a seat on Hwayoung’s usual chair. Not that she minded anyway, she was too busy sitting down next to the refrigerator and moping.

                “Hwayoung, you want some of this? It’s absolutely amazing!” The headmaster exclaimed, turning to his daughter as he held out the pastry.

                Eyes closed, Hwayoung shook her head and yawned. “I’m fine.”

                He shrugged, taking a bite of it. “Why are you even down there? It’s dirty, you know.”

                “The fridge makes me feel hot” was Hwayoung’s only response.

 

“NO DON’T MAKE ME –“

                “You’re going crazy, so let’s go outside. You need fresh air,” Sungjong said, pulling the reluctant Hwayoung out the door.

                “GOODNESS SAKES I’M NOT EVEN DRESSED –“

                “Big whoop, I doubt anybody would care.”

                “SUNGJONG!”

                “Maybe we can give you, like, something really bad tasting to lay off the entire mint thing. Way too strong.”

                “SUNGJONG!” Hwayoung screamed again, refusing to let go of the door for her dear life. Her hair was still a beautiful rooster’s nest if roosters had nests, and her clothes was very interchangeable with a prisoner’s.

                “HWAYOUNG!” Sungjong mocked screamed back, trying to get a laugh from her. She obviously didn’t, hence the horrified look on her face.

                “Can’t I just stick my head out of the window or something? That’s fresh air, right?” Hwayoung pleaded, cautiously glancing back and forth to see if anybody was looking at her from their houses.

                “Let’s just go to the mall, I went there earlier with Ren and there’s this really nice –“

                “Then go with Ren again!” Hwayoung shouted, not caring what she said at this point anymore. She was a fashion maniac, and as one of the Queens, she refused to go outside looking as if she’d just gone through a garbage truck. “You do everything with him anyways!”

                Sungjong just blinked at her, not being able to understand what she was getting at. “If I let you go and get changed, will you come with me?”

                “Why do you even want me to go with you so bad?” Hwayoung whined. it with going out with her crush. It was Saturday. She had a date with her bed and laptop.

                A small guilty look passed Sungjong’s eyes before he said, “Myungsoo hyung told me that the last time you went out…no, the only time you’ve ever been out, was with the Queens. And I don’t think it’s possible to have any fun with…them.”

                “What?” Hwayoung stopped struggling, trying to think about what Sungjong was saying. He was right, yes, but…no, he was right. There weren’t any buts.

                “How about we go visit a shop without having to pick clothes for Jiyeon, but yourself?” Sungjong presented, as if this had been the sole reason of coming this early in the morning. Even if it was, he wouldn’t tell Hwayoung so.

                Hwayoung slightly judged Sungjong with her eyes, wondering how he got it so correct. “…I get things for myself sometimes.”

                “Oh really? What? The throw away ones that Hyomin refuses to wear after she buys them?”

                Really.

                How did he get it so right. 

                “If you don’t want to follow them around like a lost puppy, at least try shopping for yourself for once. Okay?”

                Hwayoung was still frozen, trying to think about what Sungjong said, whether or not it was true.

                She didn’t follow them around like a lost puppy. Right?

                “Look, and haven’t you always wanted to go shopping with a gay guy?” Sungjong proposed, really desperate to get Hwayoung out of the house.

                “But –“

                Hwayoung was interrupted by the sound of her cell phone ringing, clear and loud from her pajama pocket. Sungjong glanced down at where it was, motioning for her to pick it up in case it was something important.

                Jiyeon.

                “Y-yeah?” Hwayoung bit out, being wary to say the girl’s name in front of Sungjong.

                “Okay so we’re going shopping with Myungsoo later…yeah, that tagalong Sungyeol too, but nobody really cares about him. Either way, you said you knew Myungsoo’s crush, so you should totally come and tell him that you told me and he’ll be all, okay, and then he’ll ask me out right there and we’ll live happily ever after. Got it?”

                Hwayoung felt just as confused as Sungjong had a few minutes ago. “…What?”

                “Do I need to tell you again?” Cue frustrated sigh for idiotic . “Basically, you come here and tell Myungsoo –“

                “I heard you the first time…I’m just busy right now –“

                Cue snort from retarded . “What could you be busy doing?”

                That seemed more like something Jiyeon would say. Hwayoung was never, ever invited to these outings – she’d always hear them second or third-hand and appear anyway, not getting so much as a sigh and wave of the hand from Jiyeon.

                Then when the actual head decides to invite her…it’s like flowers and rainbows and unicorns suddenly shot up. But then looking at Sungjong, all that somehow died.

                “I’m just…busy,” is all Hwayoung can give her. “…Who’s going?”

                “The usual, Eunjung, Hyomin. I’m pretty sure Hyomin leaked it to Boram, so that means Qri, Soyeon, and Areum are coming along too. Doesn’t matter, they can all hang out with Sungyeol.”

                Oh, so now there were cliques in cliques? Great. Great, just great.

                “I can’t go, Jiyeon, I’m serious. You said you were smart, you should’ve figured Myungsoo’s crush a while ago.”

                Astonished at how rude Hwayoung was being to her (although after all, Hwayoung was technically still the Unnie), Jiyeon said back, “I can’t just do that! It has to be subtle –“

                “Who gives a about subtle, just walk up to him and say that you know he likes you,” Hwayoung said, wondering why she wasn’t screaming this hours ago at the phone. “If you get rejected, well you were wrong, and if you didn’t, then whoopee for you, we’ll go out for some ice cream.”

                Sungjong reached over to her ear, pulling the cell phone away and ending it for her because he knew all too well that she was too shocked at herself for what she had just done.

                “This is why I don’t talk to people on Saturday mornings,” Hwayoung murmured out, sounding like she was about to cry. “Now I have to write an apology letter to her.”

                “No, you did good,” Sungjong laughed, walking back into the house. “Maybe now we can stay in and you don’t have to go out.”

 

“You remember that girl I told you about? The one that had a crush on you?” Hwayoung asked as she kicked her feet on the bed, looking at the ceiling.

                “Mhmm,” Sungjong hummed back, flipping through a magazine. He’d prefer to be walking around the mall with Hwayoung right now then sitting in her room doing absolutely nothing, which was also Hwayoung’s perfect idea of a Saturday.

                “She says that she’d like to have your number.”

                “My number?” Laughing, Sungjong looked over at her. “I can’t give my number to a random girl that I don’t know.”

                “Oh!” Hwayoung sat up, sticking her hand out. “How about you give me your number, and then I’d give her your number! Then it wouldn’t be so strange, right?”

                Sungjong shrugged, taking his phone out of his pocket and handing it to her. “I guess so. Just don’t do anything strange with it.”

                “I won’t,” Hwayoung blindly promised, saving her number under “I’ll Always Be Here”. 

 

STOP CRITISIZING MEH. THERE'S A REASON WHY THIS CHAPTER WAS KINDA BAD.

Like seriously I'm the stupidest person alive. Somebody just kill me and rid this world of stupidity.

you know about the time change, right? well. yeah. i didn't change my clock and guess what happens.

I wake up at 5 ing 15 in the ing morning. ;____; and i brushed my teeth and washed my face and all that shat so i was all freaking awake and then then then then yeah :( my sister's all like "yeah you know it's not 6:15, it's 5:15." worst. morning. ever. ever. everrrrrr.

so i wrote this in that one hour ;___; i was half asleep but couldn't sleep, i hope that's enough reason. i survived the day on 5 hours of sleep, have mercy on me. *blasts B.A.P's Mercy* i would've posted this earlier but i crashed when i got home ;____; wayyy to fcking tired to do anything.

WOOO. SO NOW I FEEL LIKE DYING. i'msostupid =.="

so byebye^^ hope you all had a good monday~!!  (you do realize. i'm like. using you all now. woo.)

a/r over guise. WOOHOO.

[[c:7]]