Chapter 10

Don't Worry, I'll Always Be Here

 

so basically today my school's orchestra teacher elbowed me. on the freaking head. I probably lost serveral million brain cells at it, so that hopefully explains why this chapter is...like this .______.

As fast as she could, Hwayoung ran down the stairs to collect the thermometer and a towel, then her hair dryer. She ran up the stairs and back into her room, carefully shutting the door.

               Making sure that her father wasn’t going to invade her bedroom anytime soon, Hwayoung turned the hair dryer to its hottest selection and began to blow on the towel, gradually making it burn.

               With an evil grin plastered on her face, she turned the hair dryer off and wrapped the thermometer in the hot towel, watching as the temperature rose up.

               When she was satisfied with the results, Hwayoung pressed the still-hot towel to her head and laid the tools into the drawer and laid back on her bed, putting the thermometer in and screaming, “FATHER!!”

               About six minutes later, her father came crashing into her room dressed in a nice suit. “What? Hwayoung, what’s wrong?! Why aren’t you dressed for school? Where’s –“

               “Appa, I think I’m sick,” Hwayoung groaned, feeling her forehead with the back of her hand and coughed, feigning illness. “Look at my temperature!”

               Her dad quickly rushed over to her bedside, taking the hot stick from . “Oh my…Hwayoung, what happened to you?!”

               “I don’t know!” she cried, letting herself cough loudly. “I don’t…think I can go to school…”

               “What? Of course not! Stay home, I’ll call your aunt over –“

               “NO!” Hwayoung screamed, sitting up. Widening her eyes, she coughed a bit more and laid back. “I mean, I don’t want to get anybody else sick with this wretched disease…just go to work, Appa…I can take care of myself.”

               The headmaster sighed, not sure of what to do. The thought of his daughter faking this entire thing hadn’t dare to cross his mind, because Hwayoung would never, ever pull a stunt like that. “Alright then…take care of yourself, okay? I’ll check up on you during break, and remember to call me anytime you need something.”

               Nodding, Hwayoung watched as her father walked away from her room. She sighed and sat up, leaning against the wall beside her bed.

               To avoid Sungjong, how much longer was she going to have to do this?

               Well, she thought, better get the mushed up bananas and cereal ready. [A/N: if you don’t get it, it means she’s going to make fake barf]

 

“Hwayoung’s not at school?”

               Woohyun shook his head, looking down the hallway. “I asked Qri, the girl said that Hwayoung hadn’t arrived to school with her father.”

               “Then where is she?” Sunggyu asked, getting a little worried.

               “I don’t know,” Woohyun admitted. “I’m getting scared, though…do you think she realized that the rest of the Queens are just using her? She’s, like, skipping school to avoid them or something?”

               “I’m pretty sure she already knows that…Hwayoung would never miss a day of school, though. I remember last year, she even came when she had the stomach flu. I swear, I saw her pass my class every four minutes to throw up.”

               Biting his lip, Woohyun scanned the scene again. Infinite’s priority had always been Hwayoung, because she was just so pitiful without even acknowledging it.

               “Dongwoo!” Sunggyu screeched, bringing Woohyun back to life.

               “What’s up?” The dinosaur-look-alike asked, Hoya carefully trailing beside him.

               “You know Hwayoung isn’t here today?”

               Hoya closed his eyes, letting a loud groan escape his mouth              . “I knew there was something off about her yesterday.”

               “Yesterday?” Woohyun asked, stepping closer to Hoya. “What happened yesterday?”

               “She was in a horrible mood. Oh – oh…and she found out about me and Hoya,” Dongwoo cursed, shaking his head. “And she said she knew about Myungsoo and Sungyeol, too.”

               “Do you think that’s why she’s not here? Because she’s disgusted by us?”

               “YAH! Hwayoung isn’t like that!” Sunggyu shouted, hitting the back of Hoya’s head.

               “I know!” Hoya snapped back. “She even told us she didn’t care. Besides, she hasn’t even heard the worst of it. That grandpa Gyu fell for the all-too greasy tree.”

               “Shut up!” Sunggyu sneered, watching as the people passed them. His hand swiftly found Woohyun’s, clenching onto it tightly. “That’s not the point here. You even said so yourself, Hwayoung didn’t care. There has to be something else that’s bothering her.”

               “The only thing I can think of are the Queens,” Woohyun sighed, laying his chin on Sunggyu’s shoulder. “But she didn’t let them break her before…what happened all of a sudden?”

               “Remember the lunch incident? Jiyeon wasn’t too happy with Myungsoo leaving for Hwayoung to have a seat. And to make it worse, he went with Sungyeol.”

               “No, but Jiyeon was all bouncy to meet Hwayoung yesterday morning,” Dongwoo said. “Remember? She kept asking everybody if they’d seen Hwayoung.”

               “But she never cares about Hwayoung! Why the sudden change?”

               Hoya turned to look at Hwayoung’s class just as a girlish-looking boy ran into it. “Exactly.”

 

Sungjong glanced nervously around his classroom, balancing his cell phone between his fingers. He sighed, opening a three-way text just to giggle at the names put in there.

 

To: Myungie’s bb~♥; Yeollie’s bb~♥

Hwayoung isn’t here today.           

 

               He laid his phone on his lap, then looked straight at the chalkboard. Hwayoung’s posse hadn’t arrived either, but Sungjong knew that by now, Hwayoung should’ve come to at least chat with him by now.

 

From: Myungie’s bb~♥

Chincha?! But she’s always here. I told you guys…

 

From: Yeollie’s bb~♥

Told us what?

 

To: Yeollie’s bb~♥; Myungie’s bb~♥

Yeah, what?

 

From: Myungie’s bb~♥

About Hwayoung. Yesterday’s date, you guys. Are you that stupid?

 

From: Yeollie’s bb~♥

What about Ren?

 

From: Myungie’s bb~♥

What about HWAYOUNG is what I’m talking about!

 

               Before Sungjong had gotten a chance to reply, an evident slap was heard before him. He subconsciously jumped in his seat, staring at the person set before him.

               “You’re Lee Sungjong, right?” Jiyeon scowled, as if identifying an unknown species of poisonous bug.

               A little frightful (what if this was about Hwayoung?), Sungjong nodded. “Yeah.”

               “Good, I need to talk to you.” She grabbed the chair in front of Sungjong’s desk, turning it around to face him. “You know who I am?”

               “Y-yeah…”

               “Good. You know who Kim Myungsoo is?”

               Sungjong blinked a bit, swallowing. “N-ne…”

               “Hwayoung –“ Sungjong held his breath for a second “- told me that you knew who he liked. Just tell me, it’s me, right?”

               Oh my God. Seriously.

               Where’d this selfish come from?

               From his lap, Sungjong felt his phone vibrate loudly and he was reminded of this secret all over again.

               No, he wanted to scream. No, he’s in love with his best friend, not with you! Nobody would be stupid enough to even like you!

               And all of a sudden, he felt so guilty. This was what Hwayoung had to live with since the beginning of high school, trapped in this stereotypical popular club with probably the most self-conceited bish as a ‘friend’.

               How on earth did she survive this? With not a soul, not even Myungsoo or Sungyeol, to talk to.

               And then, just instantly, he thought of himself. Yet with Hwayoung, she was stuck with a standard that she had to follow. Sungjong, loner or not, was just stuck by himself. He could be whoever he wanted to be, because either way he’d be judged.

               “Hey! I’m talking to you! All you have to do is say, ‘yes, it’s you. Kim Myungsoo likes you.” Jiyeon flashed another y smile in Sungjong’s direction.

               He didn’t know what to do. If he said “I don’t know”, then Hwayoung would get in trouble. If he said “No” and didn’t elaborate, Jiyeon would kill him, yet if he did elaborate, everybody else would die. If he said “Yes”, he’d just be bringing up her hopes and lying, which he didn’t want to do no matter how horrid this girl was.

               He was, in every single way and definition possible, stuck.

 

“Idiot – leaving – me – for – some – other – guy!” Hwayoung screamed, punching her pillow with every word. As she finished, she chucked it toward her wall and fell, leaning against her bed.

               What made it even worse was that it was “some other guy”. Meaning that Sungjong was now dating a boy. Meaning that Sungjong was gay.

               Which meant that she had absolutely nada chance with him.

               Grabbing onto a latch of her hair, Hwayoung yanked on it and belted out a yelp. Out of every guy she had to fall for…it was Lee Sungjong.

               First thing was, how did she even fall for him? It wasn’t one of those things where you just woke up and said, “HEY! Let’s like that one kid that nobody wants to be friends with!’

               It was an entire process. It was Sungjong’s words, the way he talked, and his sad smiles that had gotten to her. He was so pitiful, yet so strong, and Hwayoung just wanted to hold him and say that everything would be alright.

               But nothing was ‘alright’.

               First of all, he had some other dude (that was probably hotter than she was) to do that for him. Then, there was the fact that Hwayoung was apart of the group that had been inflicting all this pain upon him.

               “I hate this,” she whispered out, hitting her head against the side of her bed.

               Why couldn’t Sungjong just stay her “gay guy friend”?

               You weren’t supposed to fall for your gay guy friends. You can’t. You shouldn’t. It’s wrong to.

               Climbing back onto her bed and pulling the covers over her head, Hwayoung let out a loud scream and ignored the call that was coming from her cell phone.  

 

I KNOW Y'ALL ARE PROBABLY LIKE whut it's only chapter 10 and Hwayoung admits it?!

Yes. Because this is Ryu Hwayoung, miss awesomeness herself. 

I've also come upon the realization that this is the only chaptered fanfic I've written without the "there isn't a love traingle" warning in the forward. /foreshadowing,guise/

and like. Myungie's bb~♥ is Yeollie and Yeollie's bb~♥ is Myungie. HOPE Y'ALL REALIZED THAT XDDD

well.♥ hope you liked it ;___; I DIDN'T FINISH JONGIE'S PART BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. HELP ME. IF YOU WERE JONGIE, WHAT WOULD YOUI DO? PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTION (i'm begging you) IF YOU GOT TO THIS PART OF MY A/R[aka, author's rant because it ain't even an author's note anymore]♥ I need help ._____.

BUHBYE~ ^^ hope you had a good Monday, 'cause mines ♥

[[c:5]]