100th Letter of Confession : "Is this feeling right?"

100th Letter of Confession

 

When Changmin got back home, he was surrounded by questions from his family members. Jiyeon asked, Sooyeon asked, his mother asked and his father asked. Everyone are asking the same question.

His mother who’s sitting on the couch calls out to him.

                “The hospital called. We’ve paid for that girl surgeries. Broken arms and all that.”

                “Then?”

                “Of course we want to know what happened to her, Changmin!”

                “It’s complicated story.”

Changmin’s father approaches him on the side.

                “How is it that its complicated?”

                “That girl have family problems.”

                “Like what?”

                “I can’t make any conclusions. I need to investigate it first.”

                “What did the girl said actually?”

Changmin sits down on one of the couch further away from the rest in the room.  He sighs

                “She was abused by his father.”

                “So, her father was the one who beats her up that night?”

                “Mostly like that.”

                “I can’t believe this kind of thing happens nowadays. Do you have any idea why her father abused her?”

                “No. I think it was to painful for her to say it.”

                “Don’t tell us that you’re going to investigate…..”

                “I must, or things will get worst.”

                “Are you sure you’re thinking right, Changmin? This could involve with the police.”

                “The police won’t bring us problems if we have evidence of what happened.”

                “We understand that you want to help her but you don’t know what her father capable of, Changmin.”

                “I promise to both of you that nothing will happen to this family. I will protect Jiyeon and Sooyeon because I’m their brother.”

Changmin left the room leaving his family stunned in the living room. There’s so much things is making his head pain right now.

Why did he have to be the one who found her?


 

 

It was the third day Seori didn’t came to school. Hwa-Young  still waiting to see Seori  to enter the class. Have Changmin did what she asked yesterday? What is Seori’s answer?

Where are you, Seori?

Where have you gone, Seori?

Why didn’t you call me, Seori?

Hwa-Young can’t stood still like this. As much as she didn’t care about Seori, that’s the same amount of how much Hwa-Young cared about Seori.

I don’t care about you = I care about you

Ahh, this whole friend thing is so confusing.

Then, she remember that Changmin is probably be at the same place during recess. She’ll ask him later.

She was startled when the next period teacher enters the class.

The class greeted the teacher. But Hwa-Young barely brings out her voice. She wondered whether any of the teachers who enter the class felt Seori’s absence. Even how much or how bad Seori’s reputation is, a teacher isn’t supposed to ignore the student.

 What if the student had an accident and is in the hospital right now? Or what if the student dies of being beaten up? Wouldn’t the teachers care?  

Where did she even got all these thoughts. She mustn’t believe that Seori had involved in any of these thoughts she just came out with.

She mustn’t believe it.

 



 

                There he was,  reading another different book while eating his lunch again. Hwa-Young  forgot to bring her lunch today because she was  feeling anxious the whole time. She approaches Changmin.

                “So, Changmin, oppa. What did she said?”

                “Oh. You. I didn’t got the chance to say that to her. You can’t talk much in hospital.”

                “Such an unreliable person.”

Changmin opens his book and continue to read. Ignoring this girl would be the best move to do, he thought. Hwa-Young felt annoyed to.

                “Ahh! Seori is coming out today.”

                “Really?!”

That was the first time Changmin ever saw Seori’s companion had been that happy. Maybe that Seori does have someone who she can trust. But, Hwa-Young herself  had took some time to realize that she is Seori’s ‘friend’.

Honestly, he can’t denies that he’s startled by Hwa-Young’s smile just now. But that’s all.

He was hoping for Seori’s smile.