Cheonsa : "Thrones and Kings, you're my Pawn"

100th Letter of Confession

 

After both of them had finished dining, Baek Arang and Changmin walks outside from the restaurant to wait for the arrival of Baek Arang’s driver. Eventhough the temperature outside is lower than it is inside the restaurant, it seems as if Baek Arang prefers to stay outside. From Changmin eye level, there are a little bit different between the height of the old man and his height.

 

                “I just recalled back about what I’ve said about Kang Seon-Hwa.”

Changmin waits for him to continue his words. The lights from the buildings and vehicles illuminate the streets.

                “It’ll takes a lot of time to realize until you’ve done a big mistake in your life. Maybe because I’m used to be the same as him long ago. To think it back, there are so many regrets in my life I had done.”

                “What do you mean?”

                “I know you had known a lot about me, Changmin. So, it’s not necessary for me to answer your question. You always made me wonder what type of person are you. But, one thing that is always in my head. Do you know what it is?”

                “You’re thinking of firing me from the company and leave me living me in poverty?”

                “I’m thinking of naming you as the person to take over Cheonsa once I’m gone.”

 

Changmin wasn’t sure if the thing that came out from Baek Arang’s mouth is true. Dining at the restaurant for free was still unbelievable for him. But, when he was told to take over Cheonsa is not possible. He looks at Baek Arang to see if he’s really serious about what he just said.

But, before he got to ask Baek Arang as a proof of what he had heard, the ride that both of them supposed to get on has arrived. Changmin let Baek Arang to enter the car first.

                “Let me reminds you something, handing over  Cheonsa to you is easier than firing you. So, don’t make it hard for me, Changmin. I’m an old man.”

Baek Arang jokingly laughs. Changmin avoid making an eye contact with his upper. The driver dropped Changmin to his apartment and left. Suddenly, Changmin’s stomach grumbles. Is he hungry again? Didn’t he ate just now? He tries to remember if he has some food left in the refrigerator while on the way to his apartment room. Maybe instant ramen will do.

 


 

 

The thought of being told to take over Cheonsa from Baek Arang is still unbelievable. 

Last night, Changmin almost knocks down his food over the table when he thought back about what Baek Arang has said to him. Every minutes, he will said to himself that Baek Arang is feeling unwell last night, that’s why he said something like that to him. But, on the next minute, Changmin will thought that Baek Arang really had meant it.

What makes it unbelievable when he was told about Baek Arang’s consideration is that when you take over Cheonsa, it means that you didn’t just take over Cheonsa Pharmaceutical Co, you will take over the whole Cheonsa Corps. Which is one of the biggest jaebol in Korea. Taking over a company is still okay to him, but taking over a huge conglomerate company is impossible to believe. He would be a billionaire in a blink of an eye.

But, to think it back, he is a undercover police who’s running an investigation about the ‘secret activities’ in Cheonsa Pharmaceutical Co. If he were to be the chairman of Cheonsa, he will get the full access on Cheonsa and it’s secret. Of all the people around Baek Arang, why him?

Then, something strikes Changmin, Baek Arang have a son. But, where is he or who is he, is a question mark for Changmin. Changmin deducts that there is a big possibilities that Baek Arang had purposely hiding his son from the world because of a reason.

As the next heir of Cheonsa Corps.

Changmin sits back at his chair in his office room. The reasons ; any heir of Cheonsa Corps. Will be targeted by rival companies. So, does Baek Arang who is always been targeted, by rival companies and drug tycoons who wanted the Cheonsa’s ‘territory’.

He decides to let go of the thoughts from his mind. He must go on investigating about the people involves with the ‘drug making’ activities in Cheonsa Pharmaceutical Co.

 


 

 

During lunch, Changmin went out for a walk at the park with a food in his hand. Staying in a fully air-conditioned place isn’t comfortable. The nearest park is just a few blocks away from the building. Peoples in their working clothes are a normal views at the park. You can know that all of them worked at the big companies nearby based on their uniforms. All of them are classy looking. Smart and sharp looks. Shiny shoes. Clean looks.

Changmin saw a bench a few meters away. It’s empty. He held his book on his left hand and the food is in his right hand. Only a few people are walking in his path. Familiar looking type of people. But, then he passes a woman pushing an old man on a wheelchair.

Changmin thought that something wasn’t right when he passed the 2 strangers. But, that was it. He thought that it was only just his feelings. Nothing more to that.

That afternoon, he spent a relaxing time reading a book while eating a ‘mixed sandwich’.  Even when he’s  munching the food, he still cant forget the taste of the expensive foods he ate last night with Baek Arang. He wondered, will he have the chance to eat there again, for free, maybe? But, he already got the answer, of course not. Last night was a chance of a life time.

Right after he finished eating, he got a call from Baek Arang’s secretary. He was ordered to come to the office right away to meet the chairman. Changmin didn’t hesitate to walk away from the bench even if he’s already comfortable sitting at in the park. 

 


 

Noticed the new poster?! It was made by one of my sweet friend here in AFF, ann1914 .

What do you think? (^-^)