Cheonsa : "Does Red crosses Blue?"

100th Letter of Confession

 

Banghwa Bridge stretches for about 2,559 metres across the Han River that connects Gangseo-gu and Goyang in the Gyeonggi Province. The red colour of the bridge shows the strength that stretches along with it. The arc truss at the middle of the bridge can be seen from each end of the bridge. For short, the 27th bridge of Han River is the perfect place for the dealing.

6.55 am.

The traffic is still light. Within every 5 minutes later, the traffic will be increasing. People goes to work. Service postal. The air is still cold in the morning. The sound of the Han River crawling underneath the bridge can be heard clearly. The morning wind was totally different. The pathment and roads are still wet from the rains.

One of the Cheonsa Pharmaceutical Co. worker drives the car into the emergency space on their right side. Changmin and Baek Arang walk out from the car. Changmin could see every end of Gangseo-gu on the right and Goyang on the left. Changmin was given an earpiece as a speaker in case if anything happens. What he got to do now is to look out for Baek Arang and their surroundings. A black car past them and stops a little further in front of them in the emergency block. Baek Arang moves closer to Changmin.

 

“Do you have the gun with you right now?”

“To my opinion, that wouldn’t be necessary. If they broke the terms, it’s not our loss.”

“I don’t really know what you are, Changmin. Is it you’re that intelligent or absent-minded? I don’t have the right answer. But, since my secretary isn’t here, I need to trust you hundred-percent then.”

 

                Changmin felt as if his upper is being sarcastic with him. Before he get the chance to answer back, Baek Arang had walk away towards the black car in front of them. 2 people with different styles of black suit got out from the car. The leader must be the one who’s wearing the pair of sunglasses. Changmin moves further to Baek Arang’s side. The two men approache them. When each of them have stand head to head, Changmin realizes that it seems as if he’s the tallest one among 4 of them. Looks like Baek Arang is the shortest. How irony he thought. Short upper with tall advisor.

The man who’s wearing a pair of black sunglasses has a quite powerful aura in him. The man was one of the people who’s suspected to be a drug dealer, Kang Seon- Hwa. Drug dealer, gun runner, shareholder of a quite a number of companies and has one of the biggest ‘territory’ in Korea. Changmin looks at his watch. The dealing will start about right now.

 

                “You’re still healthy, Arang.”

                “You too, Seon-Hwa. What happened to your last secretary?”

                “Got killed by SNAKE.”

                “SNAKE, huh. Still hasn’t got caught by the police. Impressive.”

                “Like us. Both. SNAKE had involved with many kills lately. He’s in hiding, I heard.”

                “I’m quite surprised you didn’t take revenge on him.”

                “I realized that I’m old already. Revenge is not suitable for my age right now.”

 

Kang Seon-Hwa and Baek Arang laugh. Changmin was busy storing the information in his mind. Both him, and Kang Seon-Hwa’s right man doesn’t laugh. Changmin looks at the man who’s standing in front of him, he looks as if he doesn’t have any expression at all. Empty looking eyes. An obvious scar on the left eyebrow. Probably used to involved in physical fighting based on the pattern of the scar. Most probably got hit by a 4 holes knuckle. Kang Seon-Hwa pulls out a cigarette and lit it up. He pulls out the cigarette from his mouth. A puff of smoke came out as if he’s breathing fire and exhaling smoke.

 

                “Smoking is bad for you health, Seon-Hwa.”

                “Looks like Arang talking doctor now.”

 

Instead of laughing along with Kang Seon-Hwa, Baek Arang silenced. He didn’t like what had came out from Kang Seon-Hwa’s mouth just now. Changmin looks at his watch again. 5 minutes past. Whya re they wasting time? His eyes move around to examine the surroundings. He doesn’t feel that there are any snipers out there. No sign of them.

 

                “Remember, Seon-Hwa , you’re still younger than me no matter what.”

                “Okay. Okay. I know you hate jokes like that.”

                “How much time we have, Changmin?”

                “Less than 10 minutes.”

                “What’s the rush, Arang?”

                “I’ve got many meeting to go. So, please name your offer.”

                “8 billion won for a lorry and full access to your territory.”

                “You’re underpaying me, Seon-Hwa. You can have a lorry of ‘those’ but not the territory. I know what kind of man are you.”

                “Well, then, minus the territory. Why do I have to compromise to you, Arang.”

                “A deal, then.”

                “I want the best grade one. So, where do you want me to send my people to take that ‘things’?”

 

Baek Arang looks at Changmin. He’s asking for Changmin’s opinion.

 

                “Tell him, Changmin.”

                “Right here. The same time.”

                “What? 7 in the morning again? I should be sleeping right now. But, business is business. Can’t you make it at night or something, boy?”

                “My words are final, Seon-Hwa.”

                “Ahh, your advisor is a pain for me, Arang.”

                “I’m glad he’s a pain for you. I’ll bring him again next time. ”

                “No. Don’t. He’s even taller than my boy, here.”

                “We’ll stop here. I’m going to leave.”

                “Oh yeah, Arang, if you or that boy want some ‘companions’, just call me.”

                “We  won’t be needing your girls, Seon-Hwa. We’ll meet within 5 days.”

                “Don’t be that old, Arang.”

 

Baek Arang truns back to the car. Changmin took a glance at Kang Seon-Hwa and his follower. He saw Kang Seon-Hwa make a gesture that he’ll be watching him. Changmin looks away and get into the car. The watch shows that they’re a minute over than an actual 15 minutes. While in the car, Baek Arang told him that he’ll be taking Changmin again for the ‘transferring’. Before they get back to the Cheonsa Pharmaceutical Co. building, Baek Arang had invited Changmin to have breakfast with him at one of Baek Arang’s favourite coffee shop. They spend some minutes there and went back to the building. 

Everything became back to normal after that.


 

The Red Bridge across the Han River : Banghwa Bridge. (It takes 2 days to research for the most suitable bridge to be in the 'dealing' scene. 

-Baek Arang's secretary will be nameless for th time being until i found the suitable name for him! (>v<)