100th Letter of Confession : "You and I are different."

100th Letter of Confession

 

The students are ready for the next class after recess. Students walking around the hallway. Filling up the spaces between. Entering their classes obediently.

Everyone had entered each of their classes except  Seori. Seori’s seat is empty. Is she still having recess? Is she skipping class today, again? Her classmate keeps repeating the same questions again and again. Seori’s classmate, Hwa-Young, looks at Seori’s table.

                                             “Ahh~ Its boring when she’s not here, right.”

Everyone looks at her and agreed. She sighed. Where have that tomboy gone?

 

_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--

 

Changmin was called to the teacher’s office.  He often heard from his friends that some of his teacher wanted to congratulate him for scoring ‘great’ in test. He sighs. Should the teacher really need to congratulate him right now. He didn’t even finished his food yet. If his stomach isn’t full, he would probably be in a bad mood while in the teacher’s office.

He pace stops as he reached in front of the teacher’s office.

There must be another student got talked over by some teacher. He opens the door.

_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--

 

Changmin was the last person Seori want to see in teacher’s office while she’s being angry at by a teacher. She knew Changmin as someone who’s think highly of himself. Best student in school doesn’t mean anything. He’s still a normal and arrogant human. All of the seniors are like that to her. And Changmin is double compared to other seniors in the school.

What is he doing here anyway.

Seori noticed the voice of the teacher is getting louder. Does the teacher thinks she’s deaf?

“THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME I EVER SAW YOU WANDERING AT THE STREET AT THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. DO YOU UNDERSTAND, SEORI?”

The teacher’s voice was so loud that every teachers in the room turn their heads to look at her. Changmin is looking at her too. His face shows that he’s annoyed. The same troublemaker again. The familiar face of the school troublemaker.

 

Seori looks down in embarrassment. The teacher is obviously doing it in purpose. She can’t really see what good will the teacher get by doing it like that. To gain other teacher’s  attention? Lame.

 

Suddenly, the teachers attentions were distracted by the voice from some teachers praising a tall student in the room.

As Seori expected, it was Changmin. He’s surrounded by young and veteran teachers. All of them are praising him. Changmin looks very calm as if it happen everyday.

The teacher who’s scolding Seori just now smirks. The teacher’s finger is pointing at Changmin’s direction.

“Do you ever realize that you’re a very different person compared to him?”

“Why should I realize that? I’m grateful that I’m different. He has no friends.”

“He does have. Intelligent people always have friends.”

“Teachers doesn’t count as friend.”

“Its no use talking to you.”

“All of the teachers said that to me.”