100th Letter of Confession : "What am I searching for?"

100th Letter of Confession

 

Changmin had left to the hospital while he was on his way home from the park. He suddenly got the feeling that something is wrong. He truly hopes that what he thought isn’t true. What he thought was wrong. His mind went blank, the can only see Seori. The first time he saw Seori  with Hwa-Young at a coffee shop, laughing, the first time he saw Seori’s face when she was being angered by the teacher and the first time he saw Seori crying. But, Seori’s smile. He still wants to see it.

Are they disappearing?  Will they disappears?

The anxiety he’s feeling right now. Please make it disappear. He almost arrive at the hospital entrance. His phone suddenly rings. Hwa-Young?  He answers the call.

                “Changmin-oppa! Is Seori with you? Is she with you right now?”

                “W-wait. What do you…”

 

Just in time when he reached the front desk, Hwa-Young ran to him. Her face, she’s worried. Something had happened to Seori.

                “Seori had been checked out this morning. Someone else had taken her!”

                “Who had taken her, Hwa-Young!”

                “I don’t know. The nurse said her family wants to keep it confidential. She doesn’t have any family she knew!”

Changmin quickly approaches one of the nurse at the front desk.

                “Are you sure that the person who checked out Seori is her family. Because my family had paid for her hospital fees.  No one can bring her away without my family knowing about it. Am I right?”

                “Yes, that’s the rule, but it wasn’t your family who had paid the hospital fees this time.”

                “You mean that someone else had…”

 

Changmin covers his face with his hands. Hwa-Young couldn’t do anything except looking at Changmin miserably. She, herself was shocked. Who would have done these kind of things? Does Seori knows?

Where is Seori right now?

Hwa-Young couldn’t think straight. She won’t lose Seori again. She opens her phone. Her hands, why are they trembling?

She runs outside from the hospital. Her eyes searching for Seori everywhere.

That stupid girl, where have she gone?

Stupid Seori.

Hwa-Young couldn’t control herself. She couldn’t think. She can’t see what’s in front of her. Her eyes are covered with tears. Everything around her looks distorted. A loud sound is coming near her, but she doesn’t know where it is.

                Suddenly, she felt something had grasps her arm and pulled her away from where she’s standing. She felt both her arms in someone grasp. Someone is shouting at her. The voice. Is it her brother’s. No, that’s not her brother’s. Its Changmin’s voice.

Why is he shouting at her?

What had she done?

                All of the distortions around her are starting to assemble itself. Her visions had starting to clear away. The words she’s hearing from Changmin…

                “STUPID! Why did you do that? You can’t run of to the street like that! Do you even know what you’re doing? Stop adding more troubles for me. Are you liste….”

                “SHUT UP! Stop shouting at me! You don’t know how it feels like to lost Seori! You don’t even know!”

 

Changmin was stunned by Hwa-Young’s words. Suddenly, his eyes are fixed on something that Hwa-Young’s holding in her hands.

 

                “This. Look at this! What she wrote to me!”

 

Hwa-Young covers her face to avoid more tears flowing. She shoves her phone to Changmin. Changmin takes it from her hand. The phone is wet with Hwa-Young’s tears. Something was written on the screen.

 

“Hwa-Young-unni,

You may be receiving this message after I was gone, right. The first thing I want to say to you is how much I love to be with you. From the first time we met until last night. Letting you go last night is such a big thing for me. The time when  I was in the hospital when Changmin-sshi found me, I always hoped that you’ll come and visit me there. But, you never come.

That part would be my mistake. I thought that you hate me or something, but it turns out that you’re scared to meet me. You’re unsure whether we are friends  or not, right. If you’re worried about me, you don’t have to.

I’m right here safely on my way to a new place. To start a new life.

I can’t deny that I’m crying right now. But, if time let us meet again, we’ll meet in the future. Maybe on the next life. Isn’t that you always believe, Hwa-Young-unni.

Yah… It’s so hard to say goodbye.

Okay, here goes.

Goodbye, Hwa-Young-unni. “

 

Hwa-Young is trembling even worst. She quickly takes the phone from Changmin’s hand and walk away. If Seori is going to forget her, then she’ll forget Seori too. How could she go just like that? She thought that they’ll be seeing each other today. Hwa-Young had tried calling Seori, but there was no answer. How could Seori didn’t tell her that she’s going? Who’s going to cheer her up? Who will make her laugh?

Changmin thought that Hwa-Young needs some time. He felt bad after he shouted at her like that. To receive something bad like that would totally hurt someone.