Cheonsa : "It's good to have you here, with us"

100th Letter of Confession

 

Changmin woke up by the sound of the alarm clock that morning. He had woke up an hour earlier than he have to. To think it back, he needs time to eat. Shower. And other things to do. An hour would be enough to fill his stomach.

He arrived at the main lobby of the Cheonsa Pharmaceutical Co. building on 6 am sharp. He was greeted by Baek Arang himself and his secretary. A few people in full black suits had flocked the lobby. The secretary invites Changmin and Baek Arang to a VIP meeting room on the second floor of the building. The room was filled with the same smell as the CEO’s room.

They walk to the biggest table at the end of the room. Baek Arang looks at his secretary.

                “Do you have the information I’ve asked you?”

The secretary nods and pulled a sand coloured envelope from the leather suitcase he was holding.  He pulls out a pile of pictures from the envelope and presents them on the table.

                “The meeting site?”

                “Banghwa Bridge. The dealing will be over here.”

Baek Arang points at the area under the bridge. The concrete pillars of the bridge created a hidden area underneath the bridge. Tall grasses had covered the area that stretches from the river banks until each pillars of the bridge. Changmin suddenly realizes something about the area under the bridge.

                “This place is too much risk.”

                “Make me understand, Changmin.”

                “Here.”

Changmin place his finger on a picture. A picture of the river bank and the other side of the banks are some thick bushes. Then, he move on to a picture of the area under the bridge looking the Han River. He points at 3 places in the picture. The tall grass are, above the bridge and the river. He then looks at Baek Arang.

                “Snipers.”

The chairman observes the pictures Changmin had pointed just now. His secretary looks at Changmin.

                “It’s best to be careful. Backup plan will do.”

                “If that so, then, arrange ‘them’ to surround the place around 15 metres from the area. 3 on the bridge. 2 on the waters.”

                “That would be a waste of energy.”

Baek Arang’s eyes turned at Changmin with disbelieve. How could he comment like that with the company own CEO is in front of him. He straightens up himself and cross his arms.

                “What are you implying then?”

                “We’ll do the dealing on the bridge. Maximum time limits will be 15 minutes.2 will follow us from behind. 2 more will come from the north.”

                “Why 15 minutes?”

                “Traffic will be increasing every 5 minutes. If its more than 15 minutes, then they’re stalling our time and planning other things than making a dealing with us.”

Baek Arang’s expression changes as he deep into thoughts of what Changmin had said just now. His secretary waits for his upper to give him orders on the next steps. Changmin observes the pictures again. He looks at his upper’s secretary.

                “This is just a meeting, right?”

                “Yes, only making final agreements on things. They want to check up the ‘things’.”

                “How many are the ‘things’?”

                “Double than before. They’re planning on a massive deliveries over Seoul.”

                “Let me guess, 1 billion won?”*

                “You’re always impressive, Changmin.”

The CEO of Cheonsa Pharmaceutical Co. looks at Changmin with a jolly smile on his face. He looks over at his secretary beside him.

                “Call them, tell them the dealing will be held on the bridge. At the emergency space. And tell them to leave their ‘toys’.”

Baek Arang’s secretary nods and they left the room to the lobby hall. The same black suits people are still lining up at the lobby hall. They follow Baek Arang from behind as he walks in to a black car in front of the building. Baek Arang told his secretary that Changmin will assist him instead of the secretary. The secretary nods and pats Changmin on the back. Changmin follows Baek Arang into the car.

They left at 6.37.am. 

 


Try guessing why I highlighted Banghwa Bridge in red. >(*v*)<