100th Letter of Confession : "Who are you?"

100th Letter of Confession

 

Seori went back to the class during  the last period before school ends. She was dismissed without any further humiliations from the teacher. She does make her teacher quiet when she talked back in the teacher’s office. She doesn’t find it rude since she’s becoming annoyed of the teacher. Seori wandered endlessly right after she went out from the teacher’s office. Skipping class is the best way to calm her mind.

                “Welcome back, Seori.”

                “Hi.”

                “How’s the treatment in the teacher’s office?”

                “Always great. The hospitality is better than at my grandmother’s.”

                “I know you skipped class, Seori.”

                “Yes, I am. You see, teacher. I want my mind to calm down or I can’t focus in class.”

                “But, what’s the use of coming the last period class.”

                “Well.”

                “Keep quiet, Seori. I don’t want to hear from you.”

                “But, you just asked me a question.”

 

The teacher ignores Seori. The teacher should’ve remembered what kind of student Seori is. When Seori sits back at her place, her classmates gave her thumbs up. Her classmates looks very happy when they see her. Hwa-Young smiles at her calmly.

                “I thought you’re going to skip the whole period.”

                “I knew you guys need me.”

                “The class is boring as usual.”

                “Yeah, I’ve guessed. Hwa-Young-sshi, are you free tonight?”

                “No. My mother is going to bring home someone. I need to take care of my siblings.”

                “You don’t mean that your mother is bringing home…”

                “a guy.”

                “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean..”

                “I can’t focus if you keep talking to me, Seori.”

                “Oh, sorry.”

 

She should have guessed. Hwa-Young is having a bad family crisis recently. Her parents just divorced. Her mother would bring home foreign people to their home even when there are children inside the house. Hwa-Young would bring her younger siblings to her father’s house nearby. Hwa-Young used to be very angry when Seori almost got involved with her friend’s problem. Even someone as perfect as Hwa-Young have this kind of problem. People act to survive in the society.

 

Does Changmin really have friends? Someone like him probably doesn’t have one. He isn’t obviously the friendly type of people.

She should stop all of this underestimating people behaviour. Why is she curious about Changmin anyway.

Before she steps out from the school gate, she saw Changmin standing in the middle of a crowd. All of them are senior students of the school. Seori thought that Changmin looks more humanlike when he’s with people casually like that. Will Changmin talk to her if she try to approach him?

But, why would she do that?

Then, she heard some of the students who’s Changmin talking to mentioned her name.

                “What’s wrong with that student. Making troubles around the school”

                “Students like that are the type who’s searching for attentions.”

                “Who would want to give attentions to someone like that.”

                “She even wandered in the middle of the night.”

                “Really?! I won’t be surprised if she…”

 

Seori grabs her fist. Her head low. She’s trying not to cry. Is she that bad. She can’t hear any more of this.

Changmin caught a glance at Seori. Her face is red. She looks like she’s going to burst anytime. Changmin realizes what he needs to do.

                “All of you better shut up.”

Everyone was stunned when Changmin suddenly spoke out of sudden like that. All this time, he’s been quiet while his friends are talking. Making Changmin angry like that would not come out good. They shut their mouth and left the school ground. Changmin was left further behind. 

Seori saw the whole thing. What did just happened.

 

For a second, Changmin and Seori eyes met.