Cheonsa : "What did you eat last night?"

100th Letter of Confession

 

5 days has passed. Baek Arang had called Changmin to invite him for dinner in a high-class restaurant. It was the night before the dealing tomorrow. Changmin and Baek Arang was led to a dining space that looks like it was restricted by public, except VIPs. In this case, Baek Arang was the VIP diner and Changmin is the guest. Among the years Changmin worked with Baek Arang in Cheonsa Pharmaceutical Co., he never heard that the CEO himself had invited someone to dinner. Nor he hadn’t heard that the CEO’s own secretary was invited to dinner before.

For Changmin, eating is always okay, especially in this kind of restaurant where only rich people eats, but if he’s going to pay for the foods. That would be bad. When one of the waiter came to their table, Changmin decides to order only a glass of water. He decided that he’s going to pay the orders by card. There’s no way in the world that he’ll pay using cash. Maybe tonight, he’ll eat instant ramen back home later. After he ordered his glass of water, Baek Arang laughs.

                “Cancel that order. This is my favourite restaurant so, I’ll pay.”

                “No, no, it’s okay.”

                “No, don’t worry, Changmin. But, there’s still a catch. I’ll tell you later about it. Order first.”

 

Changmin didn’t try any further offering to pay for the foods. Looks like today is his lucky day, anyway. He wondered, does all of the secret polices got this kind of chance, to eat at an exclusive restaurant like this. Even when he looked at the menu for only seconds, he had decided what food he’ll order. The waiter walked away after Changmin and Baek Arang had ordered their dishes.

 

                “I’m quite impressed that you have a good taste in foods. But, too bad I can’t eat those that you’ve ordered. Old people diseases I call it.”

                “I didn’t know that…”

                “All of the people who’s in my age will get those diseases, plus, that I’m a working man. A successful man. Building Cheonsa Corps. All the way.”

 

The truth is, Changmin have always knew that Baek Arang had something that Baek Arang calls it ‘old people diseases’. He can’t eat seafood too much, any protein based foods. Most probably he got this disease from his favourite foods mostly consist of fishes and shellfish. Maybe caviar too? Right after he was diagnosed with the disease, he let his older brother, Baek Go-Rang run Cheonsa Corps. While he walks down from the throne and lead one of Cheonsa Corps.’s branches, Cheonsa Pharmaceutical Co. Baek Go-Rang will only sit on the Cheonsa throne until Baek Arang had named the next heir to take over the whole conglomerate company, Cheonsa Corps. When Baek Arang was in his childhood, he suffered dyslexia but with proper money spent by his family, but a year later, the Baek family had go bankrupt. His older brother ran away to United States, he was left alone with his parents. Baek Arang’s father had suffered from right after the family gone bankrupt. His mother and Baek Arang are the only one left to run Cheonsa out from bankruptcy. 2 years after Cheonsa Corps had risen up, Baek Arang lose both of his parents. Both of them died of an old age. Baek Go-Rang who had heard about Cheonsa Corps had became an empire, he came back to Korea only to find his younger brother had run Cheonsa Corps completely, his parents had died and he had lose his place in Cheonsa Corps.

With Baek Go-Rang is in Korea trying to take over Cheonsa Corps from his younger brother, Baek Arang had received a lot of threats from Baek Go-Rang. Including killing attempts from his own brother. Baek Arang had survived all of the threats from his older brother and realized that how much Baek Go-Rang wanted a place in Cheonsa, he let him run Cheonsa Corps for a while. He even let him gain all of the Cheonsa Corps incomes.

Changmin thought that Baek Arang’s act of giving his older brother the power over Cheonsa is ridiculous. If someone is capable of sending threats and killing attempts to his own brother, he can do it again and it’ll be successful. This man in front of him can get kill all the time. With a little bit of bad luck will bring a big consequences to him.

 

“The dealing will not be held at Banghwa Bridge.”

“Is there something wrong?”

 

“No, not at all. Something came out from my mind yesterday. I have always realized that I’m reaching an old age. And it’s not possible that I will die soon. Sooner or later. This is the only place I can think of that fulfill my thinking is here. You will lead the ‘transferring’ tomorrow. I almost forgot, I’ve changed the time too. The ‘transferring’ will start with the same time you and I step into this place just now.”

 

“8 p.m?”

 

The CEO nods while looking at the table. The same waiter came and serves the foods. Baek Arang points at his now empty glass. The waiter understood and walks away, probably towards the kitchen to order more refill for Baek Arang’s water.

 

                “Seon-Hwa has been calling me since 5 days ago after the meeting at Banghwa Bridge, asking me to change the time. That man doesn’t know how to quit from, I don’t want to say it. He’s a stupid man. So, let’s eat these gifts from heaven of what I call it ‘foods’.”

 

Changmin bows grateful to him. Baek Arang laughs across the table. This time, Baek Arang had laughs as if he had saw something so hilarious in his life. Almost everyone are looking at them. Changmin quickly looks down at his foods with his eyes looking around at the people who’s staring at them. Everyone in the restaurant would thought that Baek Arang is a jolly old man laughing at his young co-worker’s jokes. Probably, if that was what everyone in the restaurant think.

                Eventhough Changmin felt uncomfortable with people looking at his direction, he honestly was glad that the old man in front of him who is a serious person laughing like that. They spend time talking casually as if they’re friends while eating their of foods. The right word when you eat at a place where they serve thousands of Wons  worth of food is ‘DINING’. Dining while talking in an exclusive restaurant is just unimaginable for Changmin to believe especially the taste of the cuisines that were served at the place. Everytime when he looked around at all of the customers there, he will thought that how does every foods in the restaurant taste like. 


 

2 more chapters and Seori will appear! Be patient everyone! ^^