Cheonsa : 'What's hidden in every work?"

100th Letter of Confession

 

*Important note :   You will find a lot of these, so, it's best you'll know what their meaning is. 

*KNPA : Korea National Police Agency

*SMPA : Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency


It seems like Changmin’s apartment is looking smaller every time he got home. Probably because the books he bought home everyday from the bookstore. He will stop by a bookstore every time when he’s on the way home. The corner of the living room is filled with stacks of books. Mostly books that he have read before.

The book he bought this time was a philosophy book. He’s already becoming tired of self help books. Self help books doesn’t really work on him. If he wants to change, he’ll change by himself without any influence from anyone.

He heads towards the kitchen and treats himself with a glass of water. The glass that he is holding in his hand is cold at first, but then he seems to realize that the cold glass has turned warm in his hand. He looks down on the floor. The light above is refracting the water in the glass to the floor. After he finished the water, he walks to a room.

                The room was filled with pictures, notes, a map, and a yellow post-it note. This environment isn’t normal for someone who’s working as an advisor in a pharmaceutical company. For someone who’s only relying on bank in salary.

The photographs that are stick on the walls are mostly as if they were secretly taken. A picture of a person from the side. In front. Back. Among crowds. Photographs of workers wearing lab coats and eye goggles. The notes, are everywhere in the room. At the walls. On the desk. The notes written are lists of names of certain peoples, places, activities and miscellaneous writings. A yellow post-it note was stick at a wall in the room.

                ‘Please update often. Information needed.’

 

For someone who may enter this room will recognize who Changmin really is.

Who he really is.


 

                It was right after Changmin’s graduation day, he received a surprise visit from a man who claimed that he’s from the KNPA. His family thought that the police are here to inform them about Seori’s missing. But, no. The police had came for a different purpose.

He was kept alone with the police officer in one of the rooms of his family home with some other police officers waiting outside. This kind of situation is quite a horror for parents who’s son seems to have did some crime. A big one that until it takes a number of police officers charge in the house.

                The polices were dismissed from the place about 2 hours later. There are no arrestment. One of the police who’s likely to be the leading man of the polices thanked both of Changmin’s parents for their time and hospitality. After all of the polices are gone, Changmin was flooded in with many questions from his family. Changmin decides that it’s best for him not to answer directly to their questions. He told them that the KNPA is recruiting him to work on the intelligence sector.

                “Working for the police is dangerous.”

                “The intelligence only do inside job. So, it’s safe.”

                “But, what about your career. Your college degree. Don’t tell us that you’re going to throw them away just to join the police department?”

                “Wasn’t it both of you who told me that this ‘career’ that I’m taking isn’t stable?”

                “Yes, we did say that. But, why risk all?”

                “Where’s the adventure in life, then?”

                “It’s not an adventure, Changmin. We’re talking about your life right here. Your future life. You just got graduated from college with the highest level. And then, you want to waste all of them just to join something that will surely ruin your life?”

                “I don’t think it will damage me that far. Give me time to think about it.”

                “The only thing we hoped for is giving the best for you. For Jiyeon and Sooyeon. For our family happiness.”

 

That night, Changmin received a call from the same person who he had met from the police.

                “I was told about your situation with your family. And, a meeting was held earlier. We decide to cancel our offer to let you join the intelligence team.”

                “I was planning to do that.”

                “I’m not finished yet here. Tomorrow, you will receive an offer from a company. A job offer. And that is your work for us.”


 

 

Honestly, Changmin didn’t really get what the police told him last night. He did have a thought that the police might be drunk or something. But, that must be against their job. So, he’ll just wait until what he said is true.

                It was last night that he had received the call, and this morning, the family received a call from a huge company group, Cheonsa Corps. The company had chose Changmin as their ‘potential candidate’ to work for one of the conglomerate company branch, Cheonsa Pharmaceutical Co. based on Changmin’s degrees on molecular engineering, medicinal chemistry and strategic management.

                From that day onwards, his life has changed. He thought that he will work at the drug designing department, but instead, he was hired directly as the right hand secretary of the company. The reason might be that there’s strategic management degree included. But, that was off from a pharmaceutical field. Strategic management is mainly focused on business strategies. The same reason was used by the KNPA police who had offered him a place in the police department.

                After a year he worked in Cheonsa Pharmaceutical Co., he received a surprise call from the KNPA. The call had cleared out why he got into Cheonsa Pharmaceutical Co. that easy. 

Ignore the poster, please. I know it's crappy but since everyone are very busy to accept poster requests, so, i made one myself. Sorry if it's ugly~