100th Letter of Confession : "What happened 6 years later?"

100th Letter of Confession

 

The sunlight that was refracted by the mirror shines brightly. The sky that Changmin saw right isn’t the same as it was years ago. Was it that blue? Was it full with clouds? Was it darker? The past he remembered wasn’t the same he remembers now. The memories are vivid. But, there’s still one memory left that’s very clear to him.

Changmin, Adviser of the CEO of Cheonsa Pharmaceutical Co. which is one of the biggest pharmaceutical company in South Korea.  He remembered how he first got selected to work in the company. The offer came along with the graduation degree. At first, he worked as the second assistant of the CEO of Cheonsa Pharmaceutical Co. After 2 years working as the second assistant, he was suddenly promoted to be the Head Adviser of the company at a young age.

                3 years of working in the company  make him notices that most of the female workers there are quite aged. The younger mostly work at the front desk and receptions. Which Changmin often find them unattractive and does have the potential of lying. Everyday, they’ll show up looking happy. But, all of them are just faking their happiness. A woman dressed in a full suit enters the room. Which of course, the one in front of him now is probably reaching 35 years old by next year.

                “Didn’t I tell you not to turn of that speaker.”

                “You often accidently the speaker, noona.  I can hear everything. What do you want?”

                “Uggh. ‘He’s’ calling for you right now. You better hurry.”

Changmin got up from the chair and headed outside. The woman turns on the speaker on the desk and follows Changmin outside.

                “You should stop calling me ‘noona’. It makes me look old.”

                “You are old, noona.”

The room he was supposed to headed is a couple of rooms ahead. The biggest personal room in the building. The CEO’s own room. A man is sitting at a desk in front of the CEO room. He points at the door.

There’s a gold coloured plate with the word CEO Chairman of Cheonsa Pharmaceutical Co. on the door. Changmin enters the room and the man in a full grey suit greeted him. A gold plated board is placed on the dark mahogany desk stating the name of the man who’s working in the room.

Baek Arang, Chairman, CEO of Cheonsa Pharmaceutical Co.

Baek Arang is a tall man with white hair. Even for someone who’s as old as he is, may not give a strong aura as he is. An unpredictable man he is. A strong figure of the company he is. The one who started it all.

                “You will follow me again for the next meeting. I need someone who have the brain with me.”

                “Sure.”

The old man starts laughing. He takes the phone on the desk. The phone wasn’t  the most advance phone. Buttoned and not touch screen. But, in the same time it looks expensive. You can’t even differentiate that the man is keeping a low profile or showing of how rich he is that he didn’t need any complicated  stuffs just to create a perfect life.

                “I always like the way you answered me. Brave, I say. And foolish. But, I can’t fired you. I can. But, I don’t want to. It’ll be mostly my loss than yours. Your brain, Changmin, is something that wanted in someone who’s going to take over this company. I know you’ve worked here for only a short 3 years, but I’m sure you’ll understand what I’m saying. Don’t you? Anyway, you can go now. You’ll be contacted for the next step.”

Changmin walks out from the room. He thought that was a waste of time. Baek Arang could give him a call if he wanted but calling him in just to tell him that he’ll be companying the chairman is a waste of time. But, looking at the good side, he didn’t have to work like an insane all day like everyone else.

His phone suddenly rings. It’s no other than the CEO’s secretary.

                “The dealing will start tomorrow. At the Banghwa Bridge. You will Baek Arang during dealing. Dealing start on 7 .a.m. So, it’s best you arrive here an hour earlier.”

                “An hour?”

                “You know, ‘check ups’. Back up plans if anything goes wrong. We always need to be careful.”

                “So, is this just a meeting or transferring?”

                “Meeting. I think that I’ve cleared it out to you, right?”

               

Changmin hangs up the phone. He didn’t even mind to answer the secretary. He needs to arrive at the building on 6 in the morning. In that case, it’s better for him to sleep early today. He looks at his watch. Looks like the office is going to close for about 30 minutes. And after that, the ‘hidden operation’ will start. New shifts will come in.

That was the secret of the Cheonsa Pharmaceutical Co.

A secret operation that runs after all of the workers had gone back home. Only some people knew about the operation. Including him. The secret operation is just ¼ of the secrets that were stored in Cheonsa Pharmaceutical Co. There are a lot of them. A lot of secrets that are being hidden.