Cheonsa : "Playing on chessboard, you say."

100th Letter of Confession

 

Just when he arrived, Baek Arang and a man are already waiting for him in the meeting room. The man, is Cheonsa Corps and Baek Arang’s  lawyer. Changmin recognized him from the files he received from the KNPA about Cheonsa Corps ‘strong’ peoples. One of them is the Cheonsa the one and only lawyer, Han Yong-Shik. Same as Changmin, he too, have a lot of inner informations about Cheonsa personally and physically, including Cheonsa finances records. For short, the lawyer have the same power as the company advisor like Changmin. What’s different between them is that Han Yong-Shik is a lot older than Changmin and had worked for a long time before ‘The Falling of the Han River Rulers’ event. He sensed the air around the room was very tensed. There must be something important happening.. There’s no sound of Baek Arang’s secretary around. Was he forbidden?

Then, the event that’s going to happen can be classified as confidential and important.

 Baek Arang in suit. Han Yong-Shik, lawyer. Himself, Changmin.

                Han Yong-Shik greeted Changmin and invite him to sit along with him and the CEO. Baek Arang, of course, is sitting at the end of the table and both his sides are Changmin and Han Yong-Shik, the lawyer. Baek Arang places both his hands on the table and look at Changmin.

 

                “I’ve been thinking a lot.”

 

Changmin looks at the lawyer and then at Baek Arang.

 

                “The thing that I said last night wasn’t a joke.”

                “So, that means…”

                “That’s why Han Yong-Shik is here with us.”

 

Changmin felt as if his nerves are getting tensed. He couldn’t think of anything except thinking what Baek Arang is going to said. And he knows what he’s going to say.

 

                “I am naming you as the next heir of my angel, Cheonsa Corps.”

 

Even when Changmin had really expected that the CEO is going to say that. He’s still can’t believe it. If he wasn’t an undercover police and just a normal company advisor, he would be very crazy about being the CEO-to-be of Cheonsa. A lot of things are in his minds at that time.

Was being the chairman of Cheonsa is part of the KNPA orders?

The lawyer pushes the file towards the CEO. Baek Arang opens the files and took the pen from his lawyer’s grasp. A genuine steel Mont Blanc pen. By looking at it, Changmin could predict that the pen is heavy, probably because it’s made of steel and not plastic-made like his.

 

                “Why me?”

                “You think that I’m going to hand over Cheonsa to my son? Who had tried to kill me?”

                “Kill you?”

 

                “Who would want the throne other than my son? Who would be obsessed over it if it wasn’t my son? His mother always wanted him to take over Cheonsa so, she’ll get the share. You, Changmin, doesn’t even show that you really wanted my place and that’s what made you the perfect one to take over Cheonsa from me.”

 

                “I…”

 

Suddenly, the meeting room door flung opens. A man with a full suit came in with Baek Arang’s secretary trying to avoid the man going inside the room. There are several other peoples behind them

Changmin quickly had guessed who would that man be.

 

                “Stop this at once!”

                “You can’t go in!”

                “Get out of my way, Seungjun.”

 

Baek Arang signals his secretary to calm down and orders the rest of the people behind him to go away.

 

                “Calm down, Tae-Hyun.”

                “Explain yourself, father. What are you doing?”

                “I am naming an heir for Cheonsa. You can obviously see it don’t you, Tae-Hyun.”

                “But, why him? He’s not even blood related!”

                “I never had planned on starting a tradition of blood heirs.”

                “How could you even trust him, father.”

                “I trust him better than I trust my own son who had tried to kill me.”

                “You know that wasn’t true at all! I guessed that your thinking is effected by your age, huh.”

                “Before I place my hand on your face, Tae-Hyun, you better watch your mouth! I’m sure your mother teach you that, right.”

                “You have no right to say that to her!”

                “Mind your manners, Baek Tae-Hyun!”

                “Calm down, Yong-Shik. Tell me what is your purpose coming here, Baek Tae-Hyun.”

                “Don’t play fool with me, father. I came for my rights, as your son and the next heir of Cheonsa. As your only son, which bears the name Baek!”

                “Bearing the name Baek, huh.”

                “That’s what you called me just now. Baek Tae-Hyun. The name you gave me.”

                “Ahh, you’re such a good boy back then. What do you think I should do, Changmin?”

 

Changmin felt as if he was stuck between a war between father and son.

He was startled when Baek Arang asked for his opinion. Looks like he’s going to be dragged too into the father and son quarrels. Changmin thought that the best thing to do is to say no to Baek Arang’s offer. His son will take over Cheonsa. And it ends, right? But, why would Baek Arang said his son is trying to kill him? And Baek Tae-Hyun said that it was an accident? Changmin thought that it’s best to hold on the heir naming. This is definitely not the best time to do something like that.

 

                “I think this should hold for a while. Until the problems between both of you are settled.”

 

Baek Arang gave Changmin a sharp look. That wasn’t the answer he’d expected. Even Baek Arang’s son is giving Changmin an unacceptable look. Baek Arang looks at his lawyer. Han Yong-Shik speaks up.

 

                “I think that’s the best for the time being.”

                “Well then, keep back the file, Yong-Shik until we have reached the right time.”

 

Baek Arang and his lawyer left the meeting room. Changmin was left with Baek Arang’s son, whose name is Baek Tae-Hyun.

From Changmin’s view, Baek Tae-Hyun looks very much alike his father. The aura he gave was the same as Baek Arang’s. If Changmin is right, the man in front of him is the same age as Changmin. This is the first time Changmin saw Baek Arang’s son.

Baek Tae-Hyun gave Changmin a glance and walks away. As expected of Baek Arang’s blood family. Changmin was quite surprised that the quarrels that happened just now had disappear just like that. Business psychology, Changmin thought.

 


 

Its ben long since my last update, right. Poor internet connections and tests. (T^T) Kinda busy right now. 

*****