100th Letter of Confession : Where are you?

100th Letter of Confession

 

 Hwa-Young waited patiently for Seori to enter the class. She keeps ticking her pen to the desk while she her hair in . She doesn’t even care if someone sees her like that. She just doesn’t care. Hwa-Young will take a few glances at Seori’s seat beside her. As if she hopes that Seori will suddenly appear at the seat. Still empty.

The class homeroom teacher enter the class.

Hwa-Young’s mind get steady to focus on the learning today. Seori probably skipping school. That girl doesn’t even realize she’s been blacklisted by the teachers already. Hwa-Young thought.

 


Changmin expected to see Seori in her class or in the teacher’s office during school but he just remembered that Seori is at the hospital right now.

Will he visit her? No. Why should he?

 


During recess, Hwa-Young sat alone eating her lunch. She usually eat her lunch with Seori while laughing at her jokes. She hopes that Seori would come to school tomorrow.

She suddenly saw Changmin reading a book while leaning at a tree. Hwa-Young’s instinct told her that Changmin is involved with Seori’s absence today. But she won’t trust her instinct yet. Being paranoid is ridiculous.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Changmin went straight back home today instead of stalling some time with his friends. When he arrived home, his whole family is in the house. Each of the wanted to know what really happened yesterday night. As he recalled back, after he had just filled the papers from the hospital, he went home and to his bed to get a sleep. He didn’t even bothered to answer his mother or his sister when they asked him what’s wrong. He’s too tired. Sleeping is really a good idea at that time.

The whole family sat on the dining table eating dinner. His mother spoke first.

                “Aren’t you going to tell us? All of us need to know who’s using our money.”

                “So, why would you pay then?”

               

Changmin’s younger sister looks at Changmin and said:

                “Oppa, that’s rude!”

                “Keep quiet, Sooyeon.”

Changmin’s youngest sister interrupts.

                “She have right to say that, oppa.”

                “Both of you don’t. Don’t interrupt. Just eat your dinner.”

He keep himself quiet after that. Have Seori’s father came to visit her or not? Will her father come to the hospital to take Seori back home? Changmin suddenly realizes that his mother is calling him while he’s full on thoughts.

                “Are you okay, Changmin?”

                “Yes.”

                “Would you answer my question? Or are you hiding something?”

               

Changmin looks at his mother. His mother’s face clearly shows that she’s waiting for an answer. Changmin sighs.

                “Her  name is Seori. A troublemaker in the school. “

                “So, it’s a ‘her’ then. So, what happened to this Seori?”

                “I found her at the dark alley near the park. She’s hurt. Probably being beaten up.”

Everyone in the room gasps. His sisters look more eager to hear the rest of Changmin’s explanation. His father paused.

                “What did the doctor said?”

                “I left after I sent her to the hospital.”

His mother gave him a disagree look.

                “Are you okay to leave her in the hospital like that? Does her family know where she is now?”

                “I met her father when I found her.”

                “Her father can’t pay the fee himself?”

                “Maybe Seori’s family is poor.”

Jiyeon, Changmin’s youngest sister speaks up suddenly eventhough she were told to keep quiet by Changmin and their mother. Changmin continue to keep himself quiet. He doesn’t feel right to talk more. He picks up his plate. Everyone looks at him as he went to the kitchen.

Sooyeon suddenly appears beside Changmin. He looks up at his tall brother.

                “I think you should visit her, oppa.”

                “Getting involve is a waste of time, Sooyeon.”

                “You’re blocking my way, Sooyeon.”

                “Can you teach me today, oppa?”

                “I’m busy.”

                “You’re always busy!”

Changmin push her sister aside and exited the kitchen. He passed his father. His father stops and call out to him.

               

                “You should visit her, Changmin. Her father must be suspicious of your present when he found his daughter with you.”

                “I’ll visit her later.”

                “You better think of your reputation.”

                “I will. Don’t worry.”

Changmin walks to his room before his father could say anything.