Absent

You're eternally mine.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter |  Sixteen

 

*cussing alert!*

 

 

The blankets fell off Luhan as he tossed and turned in bed. It was midnight, and yet Luhan couldn’t go to sleep. Luhan knew why though, but he was trying to ignore the feeling. He turned around and lied on his back, placing his arm over his eyes. His breath was short and shallow. ‘Why is my body acting up now?’ Luhan abruptly sat up and touched his burning throat. The burn was making him uncomfortable and he frowned. ‘, how long has it been since I last drank.’

 

The night breeze was chilly and it blew lightly on the curtains, allowing the moonlight to seep through and enter the dim room. Luhan hissed as the burning sensation became worse. His sharp canines protruded out from his gums and he held his throat tighter. A distant bark was heard and Luhan’s eyes turned black. His adrenaline was rushing and he desperately needed something to feed on. He was thirsty, dead thirsty.

 

Luhan approached the window and swiftly jumped out. His vampire instincts were unfurling and he instinctively ran out to hunt for his prey. Luhan ran to the nearest forest and vanished into the wild bushes. The leaves rustled and the crickets chirped, before everything fell silent again.

 

--

 

You emitted a sharp gasp and jolted awake. Your body trembled as you breathed heavily. Beads of perspire trickled down your forehead and you hastily wiped them away with the back of your hand. Slightly intimidated by the dark, you turned to your nightstand to turn on the lamp.

 

‘What was that?’ You slowly sat up and pushed back your hair. You pulled up the covers to your chin and hugged yourself.

 

“Ugh now I can’t sleep.” You mumbled unhappily as you tilted your head to lean against the headboard.

 

‘Luhan though,’ you sat up and scowled. ‘Why was he in my dream?’

 

You yawned and rubbed your eyes. It was past midnight and you were wide awake. Oh joy.

 

--

 

Due to lack of sleep because of the trouble getting back to sleep the previous night, you ended up waking up late for school. “HOLY CRAP.” Your eyes almost bulged out from its sockets.

 

“I HATE MY LAAAAAAAAAIFE!”

 

You dashed across the room as you frantically zipped your skirt. “ I’m not done tying my hair!” you cried as you reached for your brush. You glanced at your watch and panicked even more. You gave up trying to tie your hair and grabbed your bag as you jumped down the steps two at a time. You hurriedly unlocked the door and skidded out the gates in a flash. You thought of taking a cab to school but then aga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter