002

A Child's Game

 

March 2nd, 1988

Sehun and Luhan hadn’t seen each other ever since the ‘Wind’ incident. Sehun then walked in on Luhan doing the laundry. He felt nervous, slightly guilty, though a bit annoyed. Sehun cared so much for Luhan but Luhan didn’t seem to understand that Sehun thought of Luhan as his equal, his best friend, the brother he never had.

“Luhan…?” Sehun called out. Luhan looked up, his hands clutching the basket of laundry tight. Then Luhan caught Sehun’s eyes.

“Master Sehun.” Luhan whispered. Then Luhan ducked his head away and continued his work, his face slightly flushed.

“Luhan, I’m sorry.” Sehun said. Luhan looked right up and shook his head frantically.

“No, no! I am at fault. I shouldn’t have been so informal to you.” Luhan shook his head.

“Luhan, you’re not wrong. I shouldn’t have yelled at you. I just…care about you more than myself, I hope you can understand what I’m saying.” Sehun scratched his head. Luhan smiled a bit. Luhan didn’t understand why his master would be like that, but decided to agree to make the younger happy.

“I understand, Master.” Luhan nodded his head.

“Thank the Lord. Okay, I am going to go meet Miss. Hyuna now.” Sehun said. “My dad said she wanted to discuss something with me. Work hard! Fighting, Luhan!”

“Why don’t you just marry her already?” Luhan replied with a light chuckle.

“Luhan! Well…I uh…I’m not that brave…” Sehun replied with a blush.

“You are brave in my eyes.” Luhan replied before brushing past Sehun with the laundry basket filled to the top in clothes.

 

April 20th, 1988

Luhan’s birthday was forgotten.

By almost everyone.

The only exception was Sehun.

Sehun had asked his dad to celebrate Luhan’s birthday, but Mr. Oh declined, saying that a servant’s birthday was not worth it.

“He’s my best friend, dad.” Sehun protested.

“He’s a servant, Sehun. Now, go and play outside with the other boys. Not including Luhan. Luhan has work to do.” Mr. Oh replied and pushed his son out the door where his friends were waiting outside for him.

“Sehun!” Eunhyuk called. The fifteen year old boy had changed a lot since last time. He had his hair dyed more than ten times since he was five and had it cut into five different styles. Eunhyuk was now sporting a spiked brown hair do, that looked tremendously well, exerting his youth.

Hyoyeon had certainly grown up. She had matured much faster than the other girls, even Hyuna. Hyoyeon had a beautiful body for a thirteen year old. She had long straight black hair and her face was almost perfect, just a small break out underneath her fringe. Other than that, she had a sudden craving for dancing and took up the subject a few years ago. She was awkward at first, but her determination for it pulled through. Hyoyeon may have been a real witchy brat when she was little, but she had grown up…a bit.

“Hun!” Hyoyeon shouted and threw her arm over the younger’s shoulder.

“Hyo, don’t touch me!” Sehun frowned.

“You love me. Okay, anyone up for ice cream?” Hyoyeon asked. Everyone nodded their heads. Sehun looked back and saw Luhan sweeping up the backyard. Eunhyuk saw him staring.

“Hey, isn’t it Luhan’s birthday today?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Woah?! Really?” Hyoyeon gasped.

“Yeah, it is. I don’t like it how he’s working.” Sehun replied.

“Invite him to come with us. If he gets in trouble, I’ll say I invited him. You can’t reject this face!” Hyoyeon placed her hands under her face and flashed her eyelashes.

As it has been said before, Hyoyeon had grown up quite a lot. We all remember Hyoyeon being an absolute brat when she was little. But when Hyoyeon turned nine, Hyoyeon had climbed up a tree for a dare and had clue how to get down. Luhan was tall back then and helped her get down, which she was really grateful for. Hyoyeon was scared of heights. Then when Hyoyeon turned eleven, Hyoyeon sprained her ankle trying to do a dance moved and Luhan nursed her to health, which she too was grateful for. She no longer hated him after that, and had wanted to repay him for everything he had done for her.

“Luhan!” Hyoyeon shouted. Luhan looked up in alarm and looked around. He saw Hyoyeon and bowed. Then he saw Eunhyuk and bowed again.

“Come over here, Luhan!” Eunhyuk summoned. Luhan left his broom against the house wall and ran over.

“You called for me?” Luhan asked.

“Mm, it’s your birthday today, right?” Hyoyeon asked. Luhan nodded. “Well, we’re going out for ice cream and you’re coming too.”

“I’m sorry, Miss. Hyoyeon, but I am not allowed to leave.” Luhan bowed. Hyoyeon turned to Sehun and raised her eyebrow.

“When are you ever going to stop being like that? And I thought I told you to call me Hyo. We’re friends now.” Hyoyeon wrapped an arm around Luhan’s shoulder and Luhan freaked out, ducked and took a few steps back.

“Mr. Kim might see me. I must go now. Thank you for your generous offer.” Luhan apologised. Then he began walking away. Hyoyeon turned towards Sehun and rolled her eyes. Then she walked off for a few seconds and then came back holding rope.

“Uh…Hyo, why do you have rope?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Okay, here’s the plan. You take his legs, I’ll take his arms. Sehun, you have the best calligraphy, you write a letter to Mr. Kim telling him we kidnapped Luhan. Okay? One, two, three, go!” Hyoyeon explained and then grabbed Eunhyuk and ran.

“Wait! Wha-?” Eunhyuk shouted as he got pulled away.

“Hyoyeon!” Sehun shouted and face palmed himself.

 

“I don’t think I should be here.” Luhan trembled. Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk had succeeded in kidnapping Luhan, but in order for Luhan to walk, they had to release the ropes on his leg. They still kept the ropes on his arms though.

“Oh just shut it, already! You’re here, Sehun wants you here too.” Hyoyeon smirked. Hyoyeon found out that the only way to make Luhan do anything was to bring up Sehun’s name. If someone said Sehun wanted Luhan to jump off the cliff to see if he could turn into a bird, Luhan would do it.

“I…fine…” Luhan sighed and let the trio drag him to the ice cream parlor.

 

“What’s your favourite flavor?” Eunhyuk asked.

“He likes taro.” Sehun replied. Luhan turned and smiled at his master.

“I didn’t think you’d remember.” Luhan said.

“Of course I would.” Sehun replied. The four teens then went up and ordered their ice creams, before going out onto the streets and finding a table to sit down on.

 

“How was your birthday last year?” Eunhyuk asked. Sehun looked away and blushed.

“I didn’t celebrate it like this year.” Luhan replied.

“Really? Sehun…” Hyoyeon looked at Sehun and said his name with a tinge of menace.

“Ah…it didn’t know his birthday then!” Sehun protested.

“I told you the year before.” Luhan his ice cream and when he felt his master’s glare on him, he bowed his head. “I’m sorry, I displease you again. I will go now.”

This time, no one stopped him.

_____________________________________________________________

Word of the Day: Taro

Story Replies:

HyoKeyMin11 - Hahaha, well, Hyoyeon is not the bad girl anymore. 

silFia95 - So far, he doesn't have feelings at all for anyone. Luhan just has this desire to please his master and that's all.

Sehunny - He doesn't have feelings for Sehun yet. They're too young for that. Once they grow up, they will realise, but not now. I'm just trying to keep the story progressing.

I-ship-hunhan - Sehun's dad? Maybeeeee..... And marrying Hyuna? Maybeeeee...