003

A Child's Game

 

April 22nd, 1988

Another little fight.

Sehun had stormed into Luhan’s room, demanding to know why he left without permission. Luhan hadn’t replied in case his master got angry.

“Tell me why! Did I tell you to go?!” Sehun shouted.

“I’m sorry.” Luhan bowed his head. Sehun growled, grabbed a pillow from his bed and threw it at the window.

Luhan felt guilty. Sehun had always been able to keep his temper under control, but it seems as though Luhan had set it off again.

“I’m sorry?!” Sehun yelled back. Luhan felt really scared. Even though Luhan was two years older than his master, he had grown up living like as if he was two years younger. His master was the boss of Luhan’s life.

Luhan felt guilty. Sehun had always been able to keep his temper under control, but it seems as though Luhan had set it off again.

Luhan then walked over to his bedside table, making Sehun watch him infuriately. Then Luhan pulled out of the table, a small whip, no longer than two and half rulers. Sehun stared wide eyed.

“Luhan…why do you have that in your drawer…?” Sehun whispered. Then Luhan gave the whip to Sehun and then Luhan placed his hands on the foot of the bed and leaned over.

“It’s okay. Just hit me. I’ll be fine.” Luhan told Sehun. Sehun stared shocked at the whip and then at Luhan’s back.

“You have got to be kidding me!” Sehun threw the whip to the side and pulled Luhan up.

“Master…” Luhan whispered as he stared at the whip on the floor.

“Why do you think I’d ever hit you?!” Sehun shook the older.

“Mr. Kim…” Luhan winced. Sehun then turned the boy around and pulled his shirt up. Light marks ran up and down his back, making Sehun burn with rage.

“Did Mr. Kim do this to you?!”

“Master, please don’t shout. They might hear you.”

“Good! Mr. Kim was a nuisance anyway.”

“Master, that isn’t really nice…”

“Listen to me, Luhan.” Sehun made the older look into his eyes. “I see you as my equal. You’re my hyung. Would I ever have the audacity to hit you?”

“I…” Luhan said.

“Stop trailing off your sentences.” Sehun growled and then pulled Luhan into a hug. “You should never be hit again. I’ll make sure of that.”

Luhan was speechless. He didn’t know what to say. He was happy. He felt loved. He was thankful. But most of all, just for one tiny second, he felt equal.

“Thank you, Master.”

“Sehun.

“Master Sehun.”

“Aish!”

“I’m sorry!”

“Stop apologizing already!”

“I’m sorry.”

“…”

“Oops, I’m-”

“Happy fifteenth birthday, Luhan.” Sehun interrupted and pulled his best friend into a hug.

 

April 30th, 1988

Mr. Kim, after a day’s time, was fired by Sehun.

His dad absolutely refused having this, as Mr. Kim kept all their servants in line, but Sehun had absolutely hated the idea, and stood his ground.

 

Sehun sat next to Luhan outside, by a tree. Well, Sehun was sitting down, while Luhan was standing next to him in the classical servant pose.

“Luhan?”

“Yes, Master?”

“You can sit down.”

“May I?”

“Yes.” Sehun replied. Then he felt the older boy lower himself onto the ground, with a sigh following after slightly discreetly.

“Isn’t it nice out?” Luhan asked. Sehun nodded.

It was really beautiful. A warm breeze, the sun was out, birds were chirping everywhere and the mosquitoes seemed to have been a holiday that day. Luhan heard a yawn come from Sehun and Luhan smiled.

“You may rest on me if you’d like, Master.” Luhan told Sehun. Sehun smiled and laid himself down on Luhan’s outstretched legs.

“I’ll have a good sleep.” Sehun said and closed his eyes. Luhan smiled down at the younger. Then for some reason, he felt something. Something new, something he had never experienced before in his life, especially towards Sehun.

 

 

 

He felt…

 

 

Like a hyung.

 

 

With this beautiful feeling in his heart, Luhan then closed his eyes and feel asleep against the tree.