021

A Child's Game

July 10th, 1991

 

Sehun woke up in a cold bed.

His hands scrambled at the sheets in panic wondering if Luhan had just left him like that. He wasn't going to lose Luhan. No, he was not going to lose Luhan. Sehun pulled himself up and he was beginning to jump out of bed when the door suddenly flew open and he found himself falling to the ground in shock. When he looked up, a flood of relief washed through him at the sight of a concerned looking Luhan standing at the door. He was holding a silver tray with something warm sitting on it. 

"Why are you up?" Luhan asked and set the tray down. He bent down to get on eye level with Sehun before resting his hand on Sehun's cheek and holding him lovingly. Sehun stared in disbelief and wondered that if they continued having , Luhan might start initiating things on his own a lot more. 

"I should be asking you," Sehun replied, his eyes still a bit wide. 

"Get back into bed, Master. I have breakfast," Luhan said and he blinked. 

"Can't I have you instead?" A weird look from Luhan. "I mean, okay sure. Let me get up."

Sehun turned around and used the blanket almost as a climing rope and pulled himself up onto the bed. It was only when he felt something silky brush past his leg that he realised that he was wearing him pyjama pants - Luhan must've dressed him. He grinned and nestled himself against the headboard, legs out straight so he could set down the tray on his lap. Luhan picked up the tray and slowly laid it down on Sehun's legs before cautiously taking a seat next to Sehun's side. He watched Sehun eat joyfully, a big grin gracing his face. He looks nice like this, Luhan thought as he let his eyes trace over the rays of sunlight radiating off Sehun's face from the window. It felt like one of the dramas he would watch with the other servants, where the girl would watch her lover sit on their bed, a thoughtful look on his face as the lighting did wonders on their skin. 

"Luhan, are you hungry?" Sehun asked. 

"No, Master. I have already eaten," Luhan lied and smiled a little, trying to assure the younger boy. 

"Aren't you sore?" Sehun asked, avoiding eye contact as he took a sip from his cup of orange juice. Luhan blushed feverishly and cleared his throat. 

"Quite a lot, Master, but it's nothing I can't handle," Luhan said. 

"You should've gotten Kyungmi to help you," Sehun said and set down his utensils, looking obviously worried. "You mustn't feel hurt."

"It's okay. It's nice to feel a bit of pain once in a while," Luhan said and patted Sehun's knee affectionately. 

"You're noticeably touchier than usual, Luhan," Sehun mentioned and Luhan quickly looked away. 

"Don't worry, Master. It won't last long," Luhan replied and Sehun waved his knife in Luhan's face. 

"Don't you dare! I'm enjoying this...a lot," Sehun admitted and grinned in embarrassment before turning his attention back on his food. 

A few seconds went past and Luhan's legs were beginning to feel sore and so was his back from trying to sit upright. Sehun noticed his discomfort and gave him a pointed look. 

"How about you sleep here?" Sehun asked. He shifted a bit to the side and patted the space next to him. Luhan, without hesitation, moved over and nestled himself in the warm spot. Sehun was kind of expecting Luhan to refuse but he guessed that Luhan was beginning to warm up a bit and it was a good sign. A very good sign. 

"Ah, I almost forgot, Master Sehun. Hyuna requested your company this afternoon. She wants to go down by the river," Luhan notified Sehun. 

"Not going."

"Master Sehun!"

"Luhan! You're in pain, so I'm going to take care of you!" Sehun cried. 

"Um...I've already asked Kyungmi for her care," Luhan admitted and Sehun glared at him. 

"You want to get rid of me that much?" Sehun asked and Luhan grinned before leaning up and placing a quick peck on Sehun's jaw, rendering him silent. 

"Come back home quickly," Luhan replied and Sehun still could not let his mind leave off the kiss. 

 

"Master Sehun, Luhan requested that you wear a scarf," Kyungmi cried as she rushed up to Sehun just right before Sehun was about to leave. Sehun spun around and his eyes widened at that god forbidden purple scarf in her hands. Sehun wondered if it was Luhan's choice of scarf or if Kyungmi just grabbed the first one she could find. Nonetheless, he was going to oblige with Luhan's wishes and he let Kyungmi wrap it around his neck. He thanked he briefly before sending a confused look in the direction of his bedroom before exiting. 

 

"Hyuna," Sehun greeted as he approached the waiting figure by the banks. The girl turned around and her lips pulled into a friendly smile as she approached him as well and nodded her head in greeting. 

"Sehun," she said in a small voice back. 

"Why'd you call me out here?" Sehun asked. 

"I wanted to have a bit of chat with you. You know, get to talk to you before I leave," Hyuna said. Sehun suddenly froze in his spot but he didn't question, because knowing Hyuna, she was going to explain anyway. He let her guide him onto the walkpath by the river and waited for her to begin telling her explanation. 

"Miss Jodi has invited me to fly back with her to America for a project photoshoot," Hyuna said and Sehun nodded his head.

"Makes sense why she chose you," Sehun said before his mind could catch up and Hyuna grinned at the compliment.

"We're flying out tomorrow, you know," she said and Sehun nodded his head. She was silent for a while and when he turned to question her silence, all he saw was her eyes staring into his. The strong look had his stomach reeling.

"Am I missing something?" he asked. He hasn't told Sehun, Hyuna thought. So it's either he had decided not to go, or that he is going and is intending on leaving without Sehun's knowing. That would be a good idea though. Sehun would never let Luhan leave. After that one incident two years ago, Sehun never let Luhan forget- what what is he saying?

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you," Hyuna spoke up.

"I asked if there was something I should know," Sehun said. Hyuna looked panicked for a second before smilling shyly.

"I was wondering if you were going to bid me farewell at the airport," she said. Nice save, Hyuna, Hyuna congratuated herself. 

"Uh...I don't think so. I have this training thing tomorrow with dad. But I will have a letter sent down to you in the early morning," Sehun assured and Hyuna nodded at him gratefully.

"I didn't think you would even make an effort," Hyuna said, admitting her hidden opinion of Sehun all along.

"You do things that make me aggravated sometimes, but overall, you're not a bad kid," Sehun confessed an Hyuna folded her arms.

"Kid? I'm older than you, you brat," Hyuna cried.

"By what? A few days?" Sehun chuckled. "Doesn't help that you are shorter than me."

"Height does not define me," Hyuna cried. "The size of my heels do though." And then she was stomping on his shoes gently and he was jumping around frantically clutching his foot in pain.

"Ah you spiteful woman!" Sehun cried and Hyuna laughed at him.

"Come on, I want to chat about other things than this. Let's try and catch up, shall we?" Hyuna suggested and lent a hand to him, who Sehun took gratefully to help balance himself.

"Brat," Sehun mumbled playfully underneath his breath.

 

"Luhan!" Kyungmi shouted into the servants' quarters. No response. Where else could he be? In the yard? She checked out there too, but then she suddenly remembered that Luhan had told her that he was going to be bedridden for the rest of the day. So she went to check his room, but he wasn't there either. He couldn't have run away. Luhan wasn't like that. Then she thought for one crazy moment, that Luhan could be in Sehun's room, but Luhan never let himself sleep in Sehun's room. It was too risky. Well, she had known of a few times of him staying in the master's room, but he had never stay in during the day. It was a big no.

But she still checked anyway and there he was, lying down, the blankets wrapped around him almost like as if he was trapped. She sighed before strolling over and pulling the blankets away gently so she could properly lie it over him.

"Luhan, are you awake?" she asked and she saw Luhan make a short nod. "What are you doing in Master Sehun's bed?"

"Enjoying it," Luhan replied and cuddled further into the bed. "What's the time?"

"It's almost ten, Luhan," she informed.

"Am?"

"Pm." Luhan shot up in the bed and his eyes scanned around the room in panic.

"Where's Master Sehun?" Luhan cried.

"He's still out with Miss Hyuna," Kyungmi replied, her eyes slanting down in worry.

"He's...he's been out for a long time," Luhan gulped and he was suddenly panicking. His mind was freaking out, wondering if Hyuna was telling him about Jodi's offer, but the dominant thought being Sehun just hanging out with Hyuna. Hyuna was a lovely girl and it was no rumor that Sehun and Hyuna were being set up by their parents and they were to possibly marry in the future.

The thought squeezed his heart. He curled his legs up to his chest and rocked himself back in forth, thinking about what they could be talking about. Thinking about the touches that had probably been shared between them. The romantic walks that they had walked together on. Even Luhan hadn't done that with Sehun and Sehun loved him. Or did he? The night before should've proved it and the past few years should've too, but there was always something nagging at him in his head that something had felt off for the past two years.

Maybe it was just a phase, Luhan thought. I must've put him off a lot when he caught me with Jongin- what was he thinking last night? I wonder what ran through his mind. Did he wonder if I had done it with Jongin too? I've always thought that he was beginning to show less interest. I mean, that was why I probably let him do that to me last ni- NO!

Luhan grabbed his head and shook it wildly. No! Luhan, stop thinking this! You're jealous. That's what! You're jealous that Hyuna is out with him right now and you want to be her, you do. And even though you don't deserve him, after all you had done to him, after all you had made him suffer, you still want him to be by your side.

"Luhan, are you okay?" Kyungmi asked. 

"Kyungmi...I...I think I love him," Luhan whispered. 

The room fell silent and for a few seconds, Luhan closed his eyes and waited for Kyungmi to leave him too. But all of a sudden, two arms wrapped around him and pulled him close.

"Thank god you realised," Kyungmi muttered.

"I'm so jealous. I hate to admit it, but I'm jealous. I-I can't leave," Luhan gasped and grabbed his shirt.

"What do you mean you can't leave?" Kyungmi asked.

"Jodi asked for me to leave with her and Hyuna to America. My debt was going to be cleared and I would get to resign...but I can't leave. My heart doesn't want me to leave," Luhan sobbed and he grabbed onto Kyungmi's apron instead.

"Why not?" Kyungmi asked.

"Because I love him and I don't want him to leave me. That's my fear, Kyungmi! I don't want him to leave him and even though I am the one being offered to leave, I feel like he's still leaving me anyway!" Luhan cried. Kyungmi stared down at Luhan and gave him a long hard look. She watched the way his eyes darted side to side and the way how he gripped his shirt.

He wasn't just scared. He was confused and panicking. And only half the confusion was because he didn't know how to deal with his new profound desire. The other half...was lost, disguised. It was hidden behind a veil of deceit and fear, and it was in that moment that Kyungmi realised it. She bent down and pulled Luhan into her arms and held him tight, like as if it was going to be the last time she would be able to.

"I understand, Luhan," she whispered and ran her fingers through his hair gently in comfort. When she pulled back, she gave Luhan the most deepest and warmest look and when he let time drone on between them, he began to understand her words.

"I can't leave," Luhan said, more determindly and Kyungmi nodded. "I need to tell Jodi." 

 

"Luhan?" Sehun called out as he stepped into the house. He heard a door slam shut in the distance and hurried footsteps. Before his knew it a dark haired boy was dashing out of one of the hallways and was barking at him, asking him about the time and if he knew how late he was.

"You could've been hurt and I would've been reprimanded by Mr. Kim!" Luhan shouted and Sehun laughed before cupping the boy's face and squishing his cheeks, making the glare on the older boy's face less menacing.

"You worry too much. Hyuna had dropped me off after we had gone to her house," Sehun said, trying to assure him.

"You...you went to her house?" Luhan stuttered.

"Yeah, why? You jealous?" Sehun grinned playfully and he was waiting for Luhan to deny it before hitting him and telling him his dinner was in the fridge, but Luhan did none of that. Instead, he grabbed one of Sehun's arms and held him tightly by the elbow.

"Yes, Master Sehun. So you can't visit her," Luhan said and Sehun's mouth dropped open. Then he regained his composure and grabbed Luhan's hand that was on his arm and pulled him in, until their bodies were flush against each other.

"Did I bang you too hard yesterday? Are you in your right mind?" Sehun whispered into Luhan's ear so no one could hear them. Luhan went betroot red and he squirmed against Sehun's hold.

"Master Sehun, those words should not have come out of your mouth," Luhan reprimanded and Sehun laughed before settling to hug the smaller man in the end.

"So what did you do all day? I hope you rested for most of it," Sehun said.

"Yes. Kyungmi had brought me my food in the meantime and I spoke with Miss Jodi for company," Luhan replied. Sehun frowned.

"Don't hang around Jodi," Sehun growled and Luhan grinned at the situation they had gotten themselves into.

"You must sleep now," Luhan said and pulled himself away from Sehun. "You've had a long day and your parents are already in bed."

"Join me?" Sehun suggested as he started walking backwards towards his room. Luhan giggled a bit before shaking his head.

"Sleep well and sleep in late too. Your training doesn't start until twelve," Luhan said. Sehun nodded.

"Will do. I'm tired as fu-" another little glare from Luhan, "-ffle cakes. As tired as fuffle cakes."

"Goodnight, Master Sehun," Luhan said but when he turned around to go, he suddenly spun back around and called out, "Sehun!" Suddenly hearing his first name being called out, Sehun's eyes widened and he jumped a bit in shock. 

"Y-Yeah...?" Sehun asked.

"Your scarf. Give it to me and I'll wash it," Luhan said and held out his hand. Sehun paused for a second before slowly taking it off and placing it into Luhan's outstretched hand.

"Thanks Luhan. You have good dreams, okay?" Sehun said.

"Mm. Remember, sleep in, or else I'll be coming at you with a sedative," Luhan laughed and Sehun grinned.

"You're precious to me," Sehun whispered loud enough for Luhan to hear and Luhan whispered something similar back, which had Sehun reeling once again in shock. Before he could even say anything, Luhan was already dashing away in the opposite direction, escaping from him.

"Ha...ha...I think I heard Luhan say he loves me. I think I'm going crazy," Sehun mumbled underneath his breath.

 


 

Well guys, it's getting close to the end of this fanfic. Maybe four or five more chapters to go. That's good. This fanfic would probably be the second fanfic I have ever been able to complete in four years. Yes, four years. God darn it.

Haha, after i posted chapter 20, I was suddenly getting a lot of really indepth comments. I was quite shocked and I even got a lot of comments from people who hadn't even commented before. Those kind of people are one of my fav! P.S this is unedited so if there is a mistake *shrug* just try to make sense of it.

Okay, onto comments:

hunhanruinsmylife - I wish there was a crying emoticon for this. You don't know how happy your comment made me. The fact that you didn't have an account but managed to find me is a miracle in itself. I'm so happy to have you as a reader :'D

deer_exotic46 - hi! Is this your first time commenting or have I not seen your comment? I dont know, but it doesn't matter. Yeah, it is a dilemma isnt it? Makes my heart break too because I AM A PERSON WITH NEEDS TOO AND GOD WILL IT HUNHAN NEEDS TO BE TOGETHER. 

CasShwaolB2uty - the first comment I had seen when I was scrolling to think further than just pure 'NO DONT LET THEM SEPARATE!' Thank you so much for commenting! I truly and honesty appreciate it. 

Bright5 - ;))

XOLovinExoWolvesXO - bwahahaha yeah it is going to cause a bit of drama, but it won't be too long, I promise. 

noelanihonu - hi hi omg can i just talk about how fab she is- I mean, she's awesome. I don't why people don't like her. They say she's a or whatever, but I don't think so. She's just an innocent and sweet girl who has the ability to transform into a goddess in less than a second. Anybody who can do that, anybody who can pull off both styles (cute and y) has full respect in my heart. Pulling off that shiz is not easy. 

zerramin - hahaha I'm sorry. I'm just...trying to get a grip on . But I'm taking lesson- woah, that sounded heavily wrong. I meant like, I'm trying to understand it's ways- god, I sound like I'm talking about it like as if its a form of martial arts. 

Dyo_Little_Girl - I was hoping for someone to mention that everyone was suddenly altogether. It's kind of like Scott Pilgrim vs the World kind of thing, except all the exboyfriends/girlfriends are in one room.