017

A Child's Game

July 6th, 1991 - 8:30pm

"Surprise," came the whisper in Luhan's ear when he had paused for three seconds longer than necessary.

The whisperer pulled away and then gracefully brushed past him, into the main hall where Sehun was sitting on the couch gazing at the fire blankly. Luhan spun around to watch the boy walk away from him and then turned back to stare at the wide open door. He couldn' believe he had just let him in. Sehun seemed to hear someone come in, so he turned his head up, only to have his eyes narrow in anger. Sehun stood up and threw his newspaper onto the ground.

"Who the hell invited you?" Sehun growled.

"Muffle your nuzzle, dog. Luhan invited me of course," Jongin shrugged. Luhan's eyes widened in horror and he shot a look at Sehun, pleading at him silently that the young boy was telling a lie. Sehun narrowed his eyes at Luhan but turned his attention back onto Jongin.

"I don't believe you," Sehun replied.

"Oh really? He came over to my house today, you know," Jongin said. Luhan curled his fingers into his fist and clenched his teeth, all the while staring at the ground. He could feel Sehun's piercing stare on him.

"Did he, now?" Sehun asked rhetorically, the sound of irritation coming out.

"Oh yeah, arrived with another servant of yours. You really should have a stricter hold on your servants," Jongin smirked.

"Young master, I think you should leave," Luhan murmured. Jongin spun around to look in disbelief at the older boy.

"What did you just say? Who are you to tell me what to do?" Jongin asked. Luhan had to admit, it stung quite a bit. He thought at first that it was entirely unfair for him to be yelled at, and also sort of weird since Jongin still had a thing for Luhan. But then Luhan thought even deeper and realised that Jongin must've been even more hurt that Luhan. Luhan had after all cut off all contact with the latter since the day of the festival two years ago. No appearances, no sneaking out, no talking, no coming over... So for Luhan to appear out of nowhere on some random day, it must've been hard for Jongin to cope with all the mixed frsutrations inside him.

Luhan hung his head in shame, but Sehun was stronger.

"Don't talk to my servant like that! How dare you even come in here without invitation? Get out or I'll have Kyungmi on you," Sehun threatened.

"A girl?" Jongin laughed, recognising the name.

"That girl knows her way around the knife drawers like the back of her hand," Sehun said in a quieter voice. "Now get out. You're making the floor dirty."

Jongin left not very soon after, leaving a dirty glare at Sehun and a dark look at Luhan behind. Once the front door closed, the house suddenly went silent again, making Luhan remember how Mr. Oh was out. Sehun kept staring at the newspaper on the floor for some reason. Then Sehun bent down, picked it up, then glanced up at Luhan.

"Luhan, come here," Sehun beckoned, using the newspaper to call out to Luhan. Luhan gulped and slowly walked towards Sehun, his ahnds twitchy behind his back.

"Yes Master," Luhan answered solemnly.

"Was it true that you went to Jongin's place?" Sehun asked. Yes, but Min led me ther- Sehun never liked excuses. Luhan dipped his head.

"Yes," he replied. Then it was silent again.

"Bend over." An order. Luhan bent over and placed his hands on the arm of the couch and stared at the cross-stitching on the fabric. He heard Sehun make an intake of breath before silence came again. Ten whole seconds past and Luhan was beginning to feel the hard material digging into his skin.

Then it began.

The first hit shocked Luhan to the bone. He almost screamed. His backside burned with pain a lot more than it should've. Before the second hit could even come, tears were welling in his eyes. The last time he had been treated like that was with Mr. Kim...

The next nineteen hits were the darkest and numbest moments. Luhan seemed to have out after that, staring mindlessly into the reflection of the fire against a vase. Suddenly, he felt overwhleming lonely. And the worst part was, was that he didn't have a clue how to escape from it.

Then the hits stopped, but Luhan was so caught up that he was still bent over. He could hear Sehun's voice slurring in his head, but it took a while before the voice became as clear as crystal in his ear.

"Luhan!" came a shout. Then an arm was gently slid underneath his stomach and then he was being lifted momentarily before being lowered slowly onto the couch. Sehun's face was then suddenly above his, worry etched onto his face. Luhan reached out and traced the line of his eyebrows, making Sehun's frown deepen.

"Mmhm..." Luhan began to hum.

"Luhan, can you hear me?" Sehun asked. Luhan began to rock his head side to side. Sehun looked torn like as if he didn't know what to do, but eventually he made up his mind. He sat at the far end of the couch and then he gently grabbed Luhan's body and slowly let Luhan lean against him.

"King of the winds, torn by the gales..." Luhan began to murmur. Sehun hushed him, so that Luhan wasn't talking anymore. After ten minutes ha passed, Sehun looked down to see Luhan's expression, only to be surprised at the fact that Luhan was staring back at him, his eyes sharp and alert. He leant down so he could speak quieter to the older boy.

"Jongin came to the house today." A nod from Luhan. "And he seemed angry. Why? Wouldn't he be happy that you were there with him? Why was he angry?"

"Because I left," Luhan simply answered.

"Why did you leave?" Sehun asked. Luhan glanced away for a second before looking back at his Master.

"Because I...suddenly thought of you," Luhan whispered.

"Did you leave because you thought I would get mad at you?"

"I thought...that..."

"Just say it. It's okay."

"I...well..."

"Master Sehun, the garden is clean now," someone interrupted. Sehun growled and he looked up to see Mr. Lang, the caretaker, standing at the door way.

"That took you so long! You started at five this afternoon and now it's almost nine," Sehun growled, feeling more upset that he had interrupted their time.

"I'm sorry, Master," Mr. Lang apologised.

"No more sorry's, old man. You're fired," Sehun hesitantly said the last bit. Luhan's eyes went wide and the caretaker's did too.

"I need the money, Master!" Mr. Lang cried. Then he looked down and saw Luhan cradled in Sehun's arms and his expression looked muddled for a moment. Luhan then quickly scrambled off the couch, much to Sehun's disappointment, and got to his feet.

"I'll be off," Luhan dismissed himself and quickly dashed off, heading towards the corridor that lead to his room. Sehun watched his servant go before turning back to glare at the caretaker.

"You're getting older and more slack, Mr. Lang," Sehun sighed. "Out."

 

July 7th, 1991

Luhan watched Mr. Lang walking down the driveway the very next morning, hs bags packed and seemingly heavy for the old man.

Mr. Lang turned around and stared at Luhan through the window,, making Luhan duck out of the way. At that moment, Sehun knocked on Luhan's door and then entered. Luhan smiled, trying not to laugh at the fact that Sehun had just knocked for nothing.

"Sorry Luhan," Sehun sighed as he sat down next to his servant. Luhan had to quickly chuck a clean cloth underneath his Master to prevent him from getting any dirt on his clothes from his bed.

"For what?" Luhan asked.

"For sending Mr. Lang away. I know he is important to you," Sehun replied. Luhan shrugged it off.

"You're decisions are right, Master Sehun," Luhan recited.

"Is that what you really think? You said the exact same thing when we were seven and I broke that boy's leg," Sehun teased.

"That boy was acting unfair upon Miss Hyoyeon," Luhan said.

"Then what about that time when I had pushed you out of the tree?"

"You didn't push me."

"Okay, I know I didn't, I was just trying to trick you. Then what about last night?" Sehun asked, the mood suddenly going sour just from that last sentence.

"You were right to hit me, Master Sehun," Luhan gulped the sentence down. Sehun hand reached down and gently pressed against Luhan's lower back. There was a sting, but Luhan held in the cringe. He had practised this a lot when Mr. Kim was still around.

"Is Luhan okay, Mr. Kim?" Sehun asked. The older man grinned and patted the young Luhan on the back.

"He is completely fine, aren't you, Luhan? Just hay fever," Mr. Kim replied. Sehun's face twisted in disbelief and he reached out and slapped Luhan on the back. For Luhan, it was unbelievably painful. Like as if a hot poison had surged through him. He cringed, but he turned it quickly into a bright grin.

"I'm fine, Master Sehun. Mr. Kim was just reprimanding me on my behaviour," Luhan said smartly.

"Okay!" Sehun grinned, grabbing Luhan's hand. "Let's go out and play."

"I don't think I can today, Master," Luhan replied.

"Come with me, or I will jump off the roof," Sehun threatened. Mr. Kim just laughed and patted Luhan on the head.

"Take care of the young master, okay, Luhan?" Mr. Kim asked. Luhan nodded respectfully and Sehun dashed out first. When Luhan was going to follow him, Mr. Kim's voice stopped him.

"But then you come straight back afterwards, okay? I'll be waiting," Mr. Kim ordered. Luhan paused, bowed and then quickly fled, his feet speeding off, trying to get as far away from the scary man as fast as possible.

Luhan grinned easily and patted Sehun's arm.

"I really am fine," Luhan insisted, the grin not sliding off. Sehun had a hint of disbelief for a second, but then he shrugged it off.

"Okay then," Sehun grinned and then he leaned forward, towards Luhan's face. Luhan instinctively leaned back.

"Master?" Luhan questioned.

"Come on, we've done this a hundred times!" Sehun laughed, grabbing Luhan chin and then closing the gap to press a childish kiss on the side of Luhan's mouth. Oh the butterflies in Luhan's stomach. Then Sehun leaned in for a proper kiss, but a sudden knock at the door pulled them both out of their world.

 

Luhan and Sehun walked out into the main hall, straightening out their clothes and all. Luhan quickly did another check on Sehun, before realising that Sehun's collar was slightly turned. He fixed that and then patted the younger boy down. Then Luhan approached the door and looked through the eye hole. There, he could see Mr. Oh, waiting patiently outside.

"It's your father," Luhan said. Sehun decided to open the door instead.

"Father, you're back! You stayed out the whole day and night," Sehun cried.

"Sorry to worry you, son," Mr. Oh grinned.

"Where's mother?" Sehun asked.

"She's gone over to China to talk over with a designing firm," Mr. Oh replied. Luhan stayed standing behind Sehun, stationed in the perfect servant position. He didn't even try listen to the conversation.

"Who's that behind you?" Sehun asked. The question gained Luhan's attention and he found himself looking over Sehun's shoulder. Then Mr. Oh stepped away, revealing a man standing with his back facing towards the two boys, waiting patiently at the bottom of the porch steps.

"Ah, you might be able to remember him, Sehun. He had left when you were really young, but Luhan should be able to remember him," Mr. Oh explained.

Luhan only had to look at the back posture.

The tall and skinny frame.

The prim back suit.

The long polished shoes.

The slicked back hair that was beginning to bald.

That posture. It emitted confidence. 

Luhan quickly reached out and squeezed Sehun on the arm, making Sehun turned towards him.

"What's wrong, Luh-" Sehun began to ask.

"Would you like to greet your old teacher, Sehun? And your old guardian, Luhan? Surely you will remember him," Mr. Oh grinned. 

"No..." Luhan whispered into Sehun's ear.

"Mr. Kim? You can greet the children now," Mr. Oh announced, making the stranger turn around to face them. 

 

Mr. Kim in flesh and blood.

And he still had that frightning smirk on his face that he always used to wear. 

 

"No..." Sehun mimicked Luhan's response.

"Great to see you again, children," Mr. Kim greeted. Luhan let out a strangled sound. Mr. Kim looked like he wanted to eat them alive.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Uu~ okay well that was fun. I miss Hyuna. She should come in the next chapter- nah, I already have it all planned out. ey guys im back, after that confusing last chapter. I wont be telling you what it means, so you'll have to find it out for yourself.

ALSO! I NEED TO ASK YOU GUYS SOMETHING. My computer broke down a few months ago and it was extremely hard to gain back some of my files to transfer it onto my new computer. Some files weren't able to be recovered - like the chapters for Busan's Little Brother, one of my other stories. For now, that story is on draft on AFF. So to make up for it, I have two other stories already written up and ready to be shown. I was wondering if you guys would like to read them. One of them is Baekyeol and the other is actually a OC one. 

Onto the comments:

myLove91: Thank you so much for your descriptive comment. It will definitely help me in the future with my writing!

berna04: Nooo! Never hate me! I need you in mah laif!

SeHan412o42o: You and everybody else, mah friend. You and everybody else.

Baektitude: Apparently you aren't the only one who wants Luhan with Jongin. I guess Jongin's more pitiful???

c-wonp-qa: yo man, I'll be messaging you right after you read this chapter, so comment to let me know you had read it and I'll go message you fast.

romantic1234: you and me, man. I want that award too. Buuuuuuut I have the story already planned out, so hmmm, what will happen???

AisyaTonZalani97: WOAH, YOU HAD ALMOST THE EXACT SAME COMMENT AS romantic1234!!

mushroombaby12: OMG BUY A PURPLE SCARF AND WRITE, 'I care about you, so I'm going to try' ON IT WITH A SHARPIE OR SUMFIN. 

noelanihonu: Wow, you actually got it! First person!

 

 

Hey guys! Add me on tumblr! 

soo-ssi.tumblr.com

You can ask me questions or whatever or chat even, yay!