025

A Child's Game

August 19, 1991 - Later that night...

Mrs. Oh paced the room, occasionally pausing to glance at her son who was sitting by the fireplace, before shaking her head.

Sehun was also doing a bit of his own peeking, at Jongin for that fact. Jongin sat on a single armchair that faced towards Sehun and he definitely made it obvious that he was looking at Sehun as well. He was leaning forward, his head in his hands and he had the most amused look on his face.

"Mother, can you please stop pacing?" Sehun called out and Mrs. Oh threw her arms in the air.

"How could you forget Jongin?!" Mrs. Oh cried and then leaned her head against the wall in frustration.

"I, for one, thought it was hilarious. 'Hello, Luhan, you have an odd name for a Korean person,'" Jongin recited and Sehun flushed a deep red colour. Mr. Oh stayed silent in the back of the room, just observing the whole exchange. 

"We're going to take you back to a therapist tomorrow. How could you forget him? You remember everyone else!" Mrs. Oh cried. 

"He forgot Luhan," Jongin pointed out. 

"Jongin, enough," Mr. Oh called out from the back, silencing Jongin quickly. 

"Who's Luhan? Is he important?" Sehun asked. 

"Well-"

"Jongin, stop this instant."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Mother, as much as you are worrying right now, what is the backlash of my amnesia?" Sehun asked. 

"That you might not remember a few things about the business," Mrs. Oh replied. 

"I can remember them all. It's just the people, I guess," Sehun shrugged off and Mrs. Oh sighed before slumping into her chair. Sehun reached over and grabbed his mother's hand, squeezing it in reassurance. "Don't worry, mother. It's just the people."

"How about Sehun and I go into the next room and discuss about a few people?" Jongin suggested and Sehun visibly blushed once again. He turned towards the fireplace to hide his face, making Jongin smirk. 

"I think that's a good idea," Mrs. Oh replied and looked at her husband for agreement, but Mr. Oh only offered a smile raise of his eyebrows. "Okay, Sehun. You and Jongin can head over to the next room while your father and I discuss about what's going to happen tomorrow morning. But don't be up for too long, okay? Jongin, you still have to head home."

"Yes, ma'am. Come on, Sehun. We have some...work to do," Jongin said, standing up while holding out his hand for Sehun. Sehun hesitated before taking the warm hand into his own. He felt Jongin's strength as Jongin pulled him up to his feet and his eyes widened a bit as Jongin had pulled him a little too hard and he was being lifted into the air for a brief moment. Then Jongin was wrapping his arm around Sehun's waist and pulled him towards the door and as hard as Sehun tried to pull it off, Jongin had a grip like a koala to a tree.

When the door closed behind them, Jongin's hand suddenly slid right off and he began to walk forward quickly like as if he was trying to get away from Sehun. It was a sudden change, but Sehun suddenly remembered that he had no right to judge. Who knew what kind of past he had with Jongin minues the business relationship?

Jongin was fast in his pace and he obviously must've been to their house a few times as he took a turn to the right, right into the study room. He knew his way around. Sehun quietly followed him into the room before closing the door behind him, locking it and then turning around to face Jongin who was planted across the couch.

"Why'd you lock the door?" Jongin asked, wriggling his eyebrows. Sehun felt his insides warm up in embarressment and he reached back to unlock the door when Jongin burst out laughing and waved a hand at him to dismiss him.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember what you were like so..." Sehun drifted off and there was silence for a bit.

"Meh, the past doesn't matter much anymore. I actually find it quite cool how you lost your memory. It truly got rid of all those unwanted thoughts, right?" Jongin replied with a wicked smile and Sehun gulped.

"What kinds of thoughts?" Sehun asked. Jongin lifted his head up and raised an eyebrow with a smirk settled on his lips.

"Oh...like maybe, I don't know, touching a boy?" Jongin replied, a smooth tone to the edge of his voice, making Sehun a bit nervous.

"Have...have I ever wanted to touch you?" Sehun asked, treading carefully.

"Ah well, yes, I guess, in a violent way, if that counts," Jongin answered, half laughing.

"Oh," Sehun deadpanned, "so we probably didn't get along well."

"That's an understatement," Jongin scoffed. "You couldn't wait to see me die and I couldn't wait to see you burn."

"Um...why so?" Sehun asked.

"Actually, now that you're asking me, I don't actually know. All I remember is just hating you. Huh, maybe we were stupid," Jongin said, saying it more to himself rather than to Sehun.

"I know it's a bid weird to say this now, but I really don't know our past, so do you think you could get rid of your past negatives about me so we can start over again? Maybe we could go out for lunch tomorrow?"

"Are you asking me out, Oh Sehun? God, I thought I'd never live to see the day."

"No! That's not i-"

"Pick me up at midday then. Your maids know where I live. Don't be late or I'll tell my mommy," Jongin teased and Sehun went bright red once again for maybe the tenth time in the night. Jongin spoke so quick that it was hard for Sehun to catch up.

 

August 20, 1991

"Master Sehun, it is currently eleven o'clock. Did you need to be at Jongin's by midday?"

Sehun's eyes shot open and his legs flew out of bed, followed by his body. The maid who had woken him jumped back in surprise and even gasped when she saw that he was already dressed. Sehun gave a sheepish smile and ran a hand through his hair.

"I thought I was going to oversleep, so I kind of went to sleep in my day clothes," Sehun replied with a nervous smile. The maid just kept staring in shock. "I'm sorry, are you okay?"

"My apologies, Master. It's not every day that I see you so eager to see Jongin," the maid replied and bowed. Sehun sighed and his shoulders dropped.

"We really must not have gotten along well," Sehun sadly mumbled.

"You kind of almost killed him last time you saw him..." the maid said underneath her breath when she recalled Mr. Oh stomping out of the house, yelling about his ungrateful son who tried to attack his business partner.

"Pardon?" Sehun asked and the maid shook her head. Then she quickly bowed before dismissing herself quickly from Sehun's room.

Sehun spun around to take a look in the mirror. He could see the full length of himself in the mirror and he suddenly felt embarrassed. He was being so weird, going crazy over some smooth talker. Sehun always reckoned himself to be the kind who would chase after someone else, rather than the other way round. Guess, it really wasn't like that.

 

"Wow, you got here exactly on time," Jongin said, staring between his watch and Sehun who was flushed red from running.

"Well, you said-"

"Come on, let's go. My parents are trying to drag me off to some charity convention."

"Shouldn't that be more import-"

"Do you want to go have fun or do you want to walk back home by yourself?" Jongin asked, his eyebrows rising in question. Sehun felt the weight of the question and shook it away, making Jongin grin in pride. "Okay great, let's go. Where were you planning on going?"

"Um..." Sehun mumbled.

"'Um, I didn't even think of that', or 'Um, this is kind of embarressing to say'?" Jongin asked.

"Both?" Sehun asked and Jongin rolled his eyes.

"Fine, my choice then. Brace yourself."

 

"Wow, you must've really hated me in the past," Sehun grumbled as they stomped up the ramp, the ice skates strapped to his feet. He could already feeling the frustration seeping in.

"Ha ha, you're funny, Oh Sehun. I still kind of hate you, but it's ok. I like this Oh Sehun better. That guy was a little too greedy back then," Jongin replied with a small pat on the back.

When the gate opened and people began to step onto the ice, Sehun reached out and grabbed Jongin's shirt, trying to balance himself as he placed one stop onto the ice. Jongin rolled his ice and took a massive stepped forward, making Sehun slip and land on his side on the ice. Sehun shotued in frustration and threw a glare in Jongin's direction.

"Some date," Jongin provoked and anger riled up in Sehun's gut.

"Yah!" Sehun shouted and grabbed onto the barrier to hoist himself up. When he tried to take a step forward, he almost slipped, and he began to twirl his arms in a windmill motion.

"Wow, this is too funny," Jongin chuckled as he began to skate backwards slowly. Sehun's eyes widened in panic and he tried to catch up to Jongin, but he was just too nervous to take that one large step forward.

"You must've really hated me," Sehun breathed out and Jongin grinned a large toothy smile.

"Of course. You stole something from me and then threw him away shortly afterwards," Jongin replied in a small voice so that only Sehun and him could hear. Sehun's face twisted in confusion.

"Him? Why are you telling me here?" Sehun asked.

"So that you can't throttle me or attack me if you suddenly get your memories back. And yeah, him," Jongin replied.

"Who's he?" Sehun asked.

"Luhan," Jongin shortly repliied before spinning around and skating off. Sehun's eyes widened in shock and he tried to move forward, but his limbs suddenly locked and he couldn't move. God darn, why did he have to be so afraid of ice?

And Luhan.

That name again. And why did Sehun steal him? Why would Sehun want that guy? Was Luhan one of Jongin's servants? Sehun shook his head when his brain began to hurt and instead, focused on trying to get a skating pattern going with his feet.

 

"I'm cold, you son of a bi-"

"Hey, you're back, Oh Sehun!" Jongin cried and smacked him on the back in celebration. People turned around and gave them weird looks, but when they saw Jongin, they bowed and smiled in recognition. Jongin gave a mock princess wave and Sehun had to swat his hand away.

"You knew I couldn't skate," Sehun replied.

"Oh yes I did," Jongin chuckled as he took a step when the line at the counter go shorter. Sehun and Jongin had, shortly after the skating session, made their way over to the nearest and warmest cafe. The two teens saw that they were selling hot chocolate, so being the kids they were, they decided to settle themselves down into a corner and order themselves some. 

"Okay, so, explain to me a bit about this Luhan," Sehun requested and he noticed how Jongin closed up. 

"I'd rather not. Bad memories, you know? Also, what ever happened to the whole forget-the-past thing?" Jongin asked. 

"Surely my curiosity won't harm me," Sehun replied. Jongin just scoffed with a role of his eyes. 

"If it settled your curiosity, just know that Luhan was a very important person who trusted too much and not enough," Jongin replied, which only had Sehun grabbing his hair in frustation. 

"You know very well that it did not settle my curiousity!" Sehun accused and poked a finger into Jongin's shoulder. 

"Woah, already trying to go to second base touching now, are we?" Jongin replied, making Sehun quickly retract his finger quickly and clasp it close to his chest. 

"Why can't you just-"

"Go out with me, Oh Sehun."

"-tell me- what?" Sehun quickly had to backtrack his thoughts. His minds were repeating Jongin's words over in his head, but he didn't seem to be processing them. Almost like as if his heart had turned off. 

"I'm not going to repeat," Jongin airly replied and smiled when the waitress came with their orders. Once the woman was gone, Jongin lifted the cup to his lips and right before he was about to sit, he took a glimps at Sehun over his cup. "Well?"

"Um...it is kind of sudden and I don't know you that well and you don't seem to like me that much-"

"Maybe I do need to repeat. Apologies, I forgot you're a ."

"How do you expect me to say yes to your question when you keep on insulting me?!"

"Shouldn't that be why you should say yes to me? I'm the only person who can insult you and endure your stupidness."

"If I say yes-"

"You will say yes."

"Jongin!"

"This is a dictatorship. Deal with it, little boy."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

April 17, 1996
Five Years Later...

 

"Luhan, wake up. You slept through your alarm and your flight is in two hours. Get the up!"

"Luhan was so used to Jodi's presense that he didn't even need to look up to see who had barged into his room. Her footsteps were had a weird stomping stound, like she was stomping but in a cute sort of way, which did not quite fit her real character so much. 

"I'll just miss the flight, Jodi. Just get lost," Luhan cried into his pillow and tried to throw something at her. As always, Jodi managed to dodge it and she was on Luhan in seconds, shaking his bed, yelling 'Earthquake!'

"What about Sehun? You're just going to forget about him? I bet he hasn't forgotten you," Jodi huffed as she grabbed the ends of Luhan's blanket. Immediately, Luhan grabbed the bed posts and clung on, making Jodi shout in frustration. 

"Sehun can wait another year," Luhan replied curtly. 

"You said that last year," Jodi replied, rolling her eyes. Then she began to pull with all the strength she had in her body, which had Luhan screaming as he felt his body ripping in two. 

"Okay! Okay! I give in! Now get the out so I can get changed!" Luhan cried and threw something else at her. Just as she was about to close the door behind her on her way out, he whispered, 'Byuntae.' Jodi new enough to Korean to understand that word and began to slander him from the other side of the room. 

And then, when the whole world when quiet, Luhan's playful smile dropped from his face and he stared across the room at the purple scarf wrapped around his closet doorknob.

'As fast as I can' lingered in the air.


P.s This is sort of unedited, so there might be a few mistakes. Im going raw with this one for a few days.

HOLY COW GUYS FINALLY I UPDATED. And also, I AM VERY SORRY FOR USING AMNESIA. I REALLY HATE AMNESIA IN STORIES BUT FOR SOME REASON I USED IT HERE. I WILL NEVER MAKE THIS MISTAKE AGAIN.Well, this story is going to be finished after two more chapters, which will be kind of cool because I have only finished one story so far on AFF since being here for two years, so this story will be my second story. More on over, I will be writing a new chaptered story called Kitchen King. I won't give you any hints on this story yet until the last chapter. 

Okay, onto the comments.

Yuki25 - Let it go, my appreciated reader. Let the caps GOOOOOO~

Inazuma00Lover - Hahaha, find the motivation. I don't have much motivation for this story anymore, but I'm pushing through and trying to carefully word vomit.

katherine6 - That Little .

Dyo_Little_Girl - /Pours in the same amount of base as acid to neutralise dat thang. 
AND BWAHAHA KRIS wow, I should've thought of that. Hahahaha. I'm putting him in my next story though /wink wink.

berna04 - Good idea. Stick to your instinct. because you got it right, hahaha.

2minHunhanlover - Me too man, me too. I'm wondering what I should do. I mean, I already have planned out what I'm going to do, but I might change it. 

hahah00 - brrroooo, if you ever need to know something, ask away XDDD I change a lot of things in my story and I leave a lot fo things kinda secret. I'll most likely do a FAQ thing at the end of this.

gorgeousoo - Oh god, its not Luhan, sorrrae hahahaa 

julee22 - surprise! It wasnt Luhan, but actually Jongin. Mwehehe. Jongin was just testing him, to see if Sehun managed to remember Luhan.

beulucido - Tantrum good. Break stuff bad. Hahahaha, stay safe!

imysandjokerbias - Sehun's got a certain type of amnesia where it blocks out memories that had stressed him out, much like how some amnesic people forgot the accident that had caused them to lose their memory of only just the accident itself.