013

A Child's Game

Everyone, please notice the date!


 

July 5th, 1991

Luhan wiped his sweat away from his forehead. 

Sehun was making him work extra harder today. 

But then again, Sehun had been making him work even harder recently. He was a caniving genius. At first it had taken a while for Luhan to figure out why he was being so ruthless, but eventually the answer surfaced one rooftop evening and everything fell into place. 

"Luhan!" a maid shouted from the kitchen. 

"Yes?!" Luhan shouted back as he bent over to catch his breath.

"Come here now and bring the mop! I put it by Master Oh's bedroom!" the maid shouted back.

"I understand," Luhan replied. He quickly stood back up and walked quickly over to the man's room. He wasn't watching where he was going and bumped into someone. Luhan quickly turned around and bowed, but when he looked at the person's shoes, he noticed that they were black and polished. Luhan's eyes widened and he stood up straight.

Oh Sehun.

He was staring at Luhan with narrow eyes and Luhan was suffocating under the stare. Eventually, Sehun his heel and began to walk away.

"Watch where you're going," Sehun said as he disappeared around the corner, knowing very well that Luhan was still watching him go.

"Oh that boy," Luhan mumbled underneath his breath before pushing the said boy to the back of his mind. Then he broke into a run, seeing that it got him to the bedroom quicker. He picked up the mop and ran back the way he came from. Luhan passed through the hall and blushed when the supervisor yelled at him to slow down, but then he ignored her and proceeded into the kitchen, where Kyungin was waiting. She tapped her foot and raised an eyebrow at him.

"What took you so long?" she asked.

"I...I bumped into Master Sehun along the way," Luhan mumbled. Kyungin straightened up and looked at him with worry.

"What did he say? Did he say anything?" she asked seriously.

"He said that I should watch where I'm going," Luhan whispered and Kyungin gasped.

"Well, if that was the case, I guess I could let you off for a bit. Okay, just mop the back room. One of the cleaners had spilt alcohol all over the floor," Kyungin said.

"Which one?" Luhan asked as he made his way over there.

"Mr. Lang," Kyungin replied. "That man is getting too old."

"He's only a middle aged man," Luhan replied.

"He's over worked and should go find another job," Kyungin said. Luhan frowned at this, but he knew it was true. The way Mr. Lang would cringe whenever he would bend over and the poor colour of his skin were signs of sickness.

"What would you reccomend?" Luhan asked.

"Mm, the factory?" Kyungin replied.

"That's harsh," Luhan said.

"He won't get anywhere better. Think about it; he's only a gardener," Kyungin said.

"And I'm only a servant, but I hope to be something more one day," Luhan said.

"You are something more, though. You are Master Sehun's most dis-"

"Please don't say anymore, it hurts thinking about it," Luhan sighed. "What I meant was, was that I wanted to do something with my life. Something I would enjoy and could make a living of."

"Well, we'll see about that," Kyungin said. Then suddenly, she gave this weird smile. It was a kind of smile that Sehun used to wear when they were younger. A smile full of secrets. Luhan wondered what was going on in the girl's head. In fact, he had wondered that ever since he had seen her drawing two years ago.

"Hey, weren't you supposed to draw a picture of me?" Luhan asked.

"Wow, you just remember now?" Kyungin grinned.

"Yeah. I completely forgot it after the...the incident," Luhan replied.

"Well, I'm almost finished. I'm just going to watch you for a little while more before I show you what I've painted," Kyungin replied.

"You painted me?" Luhan cried. 

"Well, I wasn't hiding it for two years for nothing," Kyungin replied with a funny smile. Luhan gave her a look and she just laughed. She eventually walked away, leaving Luhan to wipe up the alcohol. He wasn't interrupted.

 

"Luhan!" a bunch of junior maids shrilled. Luhan smiled at their cries and dashed over to the living room, wiping his hands on his apron at the same time, and trying to see what everyone was looking at. The maids and butlers were all gather around the servants' quarter's T.V. Luhan's eyes went wide and he quickly sat in the spot the juniors had saved for him. He smiled gratefully at the girls before turning towards the T.V.

The Oh family had decided to buy a T.V only a year ago. Even though the T.V came out much sooner, Mr. Oh was not one for technology and neither was his wife; not that she could've even watched it seeing as she was away on business trips so much. But after a few comments dropped by the butlers and the cook, Sehun decided to buy a cheap T.V out of his new job's pay for the servants. Luhan thought it was nice of him.

"What's going on?" Luhan asked.

"The News," they all chorused. Luhan strained his eyes onto the T.V and watched. His eyes brightened up when the first issue came on. It was something about a house fire and a dog saving the tennants. When the news presenter mentioned the dog, all the servants looked down and glanced towards Sleepy, the dog who was in the corner living up to his namesake. He was Kyungin's dog.

Then right after that, was a story about the president trying to find his daughter. The servants' eyes widened at the reward for the return of the girl, but their hopes were crushed when they realised that they weren't even allowed far out into town. Why would the president's daughter be in little old Mokpo?

What followed was an an article on some university offering art scholarships. At that mention, Luhan glanced over to Kyungin who was sitting on the other side of the room and looking uninterested. Luhan would've thought that she would be excited.

"Kids, we're going to eat now," the cook announced as she popped her head into the room.

"I'm older than you, you silly woman," the butler chuckled as he left the room first. The cook laughed in response and then beckoned the junior servants forward.

"Hurry up, or no one gets seconds," the cook warned. Luhan grinned and quickly stood up. He quickly rushed over to leave the room, but the cook placed a hand on his chest and stopped him.

"What is it?" Luhan asked.

"You are not allowed to eat yet," the cook said.

"Eh? Why not?" Luhan asked.

"Master Sehun requested," the cook replied and Luhan's face was drained of colour.

"Oh God..." Luhan gulped.

"Wait till everyone has finished eating. Afterwards, you will take his meal to his room," the cook explained.

"Of course, cook," Luhan replied and bowed to the elder. The cook patted him on the head before making her way over to help the juniors. Luhan looked into the hallway that lead to Sehun's room and sighed. He was going to go through a whole new adventure that night.

 

Luhan's stomach was rumbling and he felt horrible. But not once did he blame Sehun. He never did. He knew it was his fault for making his choice and making Sehun like this. Maybe if he chose a different path, maybe things could've been different. He glanced over to look at the door that lead to the servants' quarter's and sighed again. He wondered how long everyone was going to take.

Eventually, the cook came out holding a tray with a lid on top. Luhan stood up at the sight of her and bowed. Then the woman gently handed the tray over to Luhan, who held it with both hands carefully. The cook smiled at him and patted him on the back.

"Don't make him mad," the cook said.

"Of course not," Luhan replied. Then he began to walk his way over.

 

He could hear the sound of the knock echoing in Sehun's room. There was a bit of silence, followed by slow shuffling before the door was pulled wide open and Luhan was standing fully before Sehun. Sehun looked at him for a few seconds before letting him into the room/ Luhan bowed and quickly walked in. he laid the tray on Sehun's desk and then held the servant stature by Sehun's bedside. Sehun kept standing at the door, staring at him.His gaze seemed even darker under the dim light of Sehun's recently lit candle.

"Are you hungry?" Sehun asked.

"Huh?" Luhan asked as his head shot up. His eyes met with Sehun's and Luhan quickly shifted his eyes up to look at Sehun's forehead. Sehun walked over to the desk and took the lid off, revealing a plat of soup, beef, gravy, rice, and a glass of wine. Luhan quickly shifted his head away when the warm aroma of the food drifted towards him.

"I guess you are," Sehun replied. Then he pointed to his bed and said, "sit." So Luhan sat down. He tried not to wrinkle the bed. Then Sehun picked up the cup of gravy and poured it around the beef. He took his knife and fork, and cut into the beef, before sticking his fork into a slice and then reaching over with it to Luhans mouth.

"M-Master...it's your food," Luhan said, trying to minimize the amount of mouth movement. He was fully aware of how close the fork was to his mouth. It was almost touching his lips. Sehun didn't reply, but only reached even further, pressing the beef against his lips. Luhan couldn't deny now. He reluctantly opened his mouth and Sehun slid the food in. Luhan was heavily overwhlemed by the juiciness of the beef and the sweetness of the gravy. When Sehun went to cut somemore, Luhan quickly shook his head and swallowed the food.

"Master, no more! It's yours!" Luhan cried.

"Don't object me," Sehun said calmly as he reached forward again, but with rice on the spoon. Luhan looked displeased at the food below him and once again swallowed the food down. Sehun didn't stop there. he kept going, but this time, Luhan didn't object, knowing that Sehun would never give in to Luhan. There was mouthful after mouthful, and eventually, there was only a spoonful of rice and a slice of beef. There was no more gravy. Luhan choked on his last gulp when he saw the small portion of food left. Sehun quickly sat next to Luhan and patted his back. Luhan tried his hardest to hold back the cough that he was dying to release and sat up straight.

"I'm fine, Master. Thank you," Luhan said with a hoarse voice, feeling his throat beginning to itch.

"Do you need something to drink?" Sehun asked. Luhan shook his head hard.

"No, I do not wish to drink," Luhan said and continued to sit there in silence. But after a few moment, Sehun reached over to the tray, picked the wine up and held it up to Luhan's lips. Luhan kept his mouth sealed.

"Drink, Luhan. Your throat is sore," Sehun pressed. Luhan shook his head. There was only so much he could give in to. Oh, if Mr. Oh saw him, he would be in for a beating.

But then Sehun grabbed Luhan's jaw and prised his open. Luhan could feel tears pricking at his eyes and he tried not to cry as he felt the hot liquid start to pour down his throat. He choked on it to, but it had gotten rid of the food lodged in his throat. But that wasn't the only reason Luhan was crying. Luhan hated wine so much. He had such a low tolerance for wine, that one glass could get him dizzy and a two glasses could make him hallucinate. Sehun knew his weakness and Luhan hated it whenever Sehun used it against him.

"M-Master..." Luhan hiccuped. He could feel a tightness in his chest. Sehun s a hand up over to his other shoulder and rubbed it, trying to calm Luhan down.

"It's okay, Luhan. It's okay," Sehun whispered. Then Luhan began to cry, being so overwhelmed by the wine and the food and tension in the room. Sehun could feel it too, but he tried to release the tension by holding Luhan close. He liked Luhan close.

"It's not okay," Luhan mumbled. "I'm not okay. Master Sehun, I feel weird again."

"Lie down," Sehun told him and Luhan did so. He even forgot that the bed he was going to lie on was Sehun's bed. He always did anyway. Sehun quickly pulled the thin blanket over him, before settling himself right beside the older boy. 

Sehun s a hand over Luhan waist and tried to gently roll him over. Luhan responded almost immediately and within a second, was facing Sehun. He didn't have that panicked and quizzical look on his face that he wore whenever he met eyes with Sehun. He had this slurry look in his eyes, a kind of look that didn't seem to focus. But Sehun felt that it was better than the look of pure panic. 

Sehun reached up and pulled Luhan's face closer with his hand, until their faces were only a centimetre apart. Luhan's eyes were wider now, but he wasn't moving away and that was good enough for Sehun. Then Sehun began to brush his fingers through Luhan's hair, untangling a knot. 

"Hyung, I still love you," Sehun whispered. 

Those five words that Sehun would repeat night after night. Those words that somehow always seemed to have some kind of magical impact on his heart, that would make it rapidly beat. Luhan was still convinced that such words shouldn't have come out of the young master's mouth, but he couldn't hope but wish they were true. 

They kissed. 

"Hyung, I still love you."

And again.

"I still love you."

And again.

"I love you."

For that one night, it seemed like as if the constellations had touched the earth.

 


 

Lolz you people. Okay, so here is a little question:

What was Luhan's answer? Did he say he would accept Sehun or did he say that he didn't want Sehun?

There is a prize for it. Muahahahahahaha. 

 

Okay, onto comments:

NoBodY_KnoWs_M: Just asking, but how in the world do you manage to type you username so fast? It took me forever.

kpopbadgirl: OMG, don't stop with the long comments. J'adore! I love them the most and I notice people that way.

Arisa_Kurogatsu: Thank you so much for understand my story. I like how you look from both sides.

HotChoco_Lover125: Hahaha, rambling I see? Thank you so much for waiting so patiently for this update. I hope it comes out better than I thought.

baoZicaekeu: Me too me too. My ideas aren't that great really. Well, my starting ideas weren't the great, but wait till it gets to the end. OH BOY, it's going to be wild. TRUST ME. DRAMA EVERYWHERE.

 

BTW You guys, I'll be releasing two fics on the day of EXO's comeback M/V, so yay, double excitement (unless you don't like my stories and cant be bothered reading them, then that's cool, cause I'm still learning this 'writing' trade ya know?)

 

So people, what's something interesting that's happened recently in your life?