019

A Child's Game

July 9th, 1991

Mrs. Oh had come to collect Luhan early in the morning. 

She had knocked on his door and drew him out, only to give him a long sheet of paper. Luhan eyed it with question and then started to read what was on it. It had a list of chores on it, but his eyes bulged at the number of them. There was almost three times the amount of chores he usually got. 

"May I ask what the event is?" Luhan asked. 

"The higher ups are coming over to greet Mr. Kim and his companion. I suggest that you tend to your duties quickly and then change into respectable clothing. I also assume that you will be helping Sehun out?" Mrs. Oh replied. 

"Yes, Madame," Luhan answered. 

"Ah yes, before you do, may you please wake up the guest?" Mrs. Oh asked. Suddenly, Luhan remember Jodi's request and he nodded quickly to Mrs. Oh's request. She nodded in approval before dismissing him with a wave of her hand. 

Luhan quickly dashed out, heading towards the guest quarters. He made sure to tip toe past Mr. Kim's room, which emitted an eery aura, before stopping in front of Jodi's room. He knocked loudly, then waited and then barged in. Jodi was deep in her sleep, tangled in her bedsheets like a starfish. He chuckled at the sight before shouting out, "Wake up!" Then he strolled over to the curtains and wrenched them open, letting the light flood in. He had to guard his eyes for a second as he tried to adjust to the light.

"Huh? Hm..." came a noise from the bed. Luhan spun around to see Jodi slowly getting up while rubbing her eyes. She blinked into the light and quinted at Luhan. Eventually, when she noticed who was in her room, her eyes bulged open. 

"Oh my God! I'm sorry that you had to see me in this state! What was I thinking, asking you to wake me up?!" she cried out and Luhan laughed. He threw his head back at the sight of Jodi fussing around her bedsheets, trying to look even the slightest bit tidy, but to no avail. 

"You are awake," Luhan commented and smiled down at her. Suddenly, she pulled up her hand.

"Stop! Hold on!" she cried and suddenly ducked behind her bed, trying to find something. Luhan froze in his spot, but let his eyes follow her movements, wondering what on earth she was doing. Eventually she appeared again, but this time, holding something large in her hands. He took a step back, wondering what it was. 

"What is that?" Luhan asked. 

"It's a camera," Jodi replied. Luhan nodded his head in realisation. He had heard of cameras when he would visit to the market, but he had never seen one. "I'm going to take photos of you. So stay still!"

All of a sudden, she had the thing pressed up against her face and she was clicking this button that was making these shutter sounds. Luhan blinked at it oddly.

"Don't look at me. Just...do something," she said and Luhan only just understood what she said. He slowly started to turn away as he began to pick up things off the floor and fold them away. From time to time, he would glance at Jodi who was still doing her thing. One time, Jodi started calling out things like, "Good work!" and "Yes, like that!" which had Luhan laughing, because come on, he was just cleaning. He grinned as he packed up and finally turned towards Jodi with a satisfied smile. 

"You did well," she commented and Luhan grinned again. She put the camera on the bedside table and glanced at him. "What is happening?"

"Important people are coming. So...get dressed," he said. 

"Ah, okay. I wonder what I should wear," she wondered outloud as she reached up to her shirt to undo the first button. Luhan was about to walk out of the room, when suddenly someone interrupted them. 

"What is going on here?!"

Luhan and Jodi spun their heads towards the door to see Sehun standing at the doorway. His touseled bed hair and half-lidded eyes from sleep had Luhan's heart beating a little, but thhe fire burning underneath his eyelids had him cowering. He glanced between Luhan and Jodi, then Luhan and then back to Jodi who, Sehun had just noticed, had her hand on the first button of her shirt.  

"Master, I can explain-"

"Get out now!" Sehun shouted and Luhan quickly slipped out of the room. Sehun watched his retreating figure before turning back to a shocked Jodi and glared at her. "Watch it!" Then he slammed the door, leaving Jodi to let out her held in breath. She slipped down to the bottom of the floor and held a hand over her beating heart. Boy, that kid was scary. 

Luhan pulled out his list and began reading outloud to himself, trying to escape quickly and hide himself amongst the other servants before Sehun could get him, but Sehun was hot on his tail and was pretty angry as well. 

"Luhan, come here right now!" Sehun ordered, but Luhan didn't stop walking. 

"I can't, Master Sehun, I have work to do," Luhan excused. Sehun didn't answer so Luhan thought that he had given up, but suddenly, a hand was on his elbow and Luhan felt himself being thrown against the wall. Sehun was on him in second, hovering above him with an terrifying gaze. 

"You have time to fit Jodi into your work slot, but not me? Your own master?" Sehun asked, his breath ghosting over Luhan's face. 

"I apologise, Master," Luhan apologised and bowed his head. 

"What is going on here? Sehun, you're making a racket and disrupting the servants," came a new voice. Both boys turned their heads around to see Mrs. Oh striding towards them and only then did Sehun back off. "Luhan, are you okay? Get onto your work now and leave me with Sehun." Luhan bowed to her before fleeing, only realising later that Mrs. Oh had actually defended him from Sehun. So there was a decent adult in the house all along?

"I don't know what had happened, Sehun, but you are currently the loudest thing in the house," Mrs. Oh scolded. 

"Luhan was in that girl's room! I didn't order him there, so why was he there?!" Sehun shouted. 

"I ordered him there, Oh Sehun! So calm down! I just arrived yesterday, I'm feeling tired and the last thing I need are your childish complaints of your servant's wherabouts. You should know by now how loyal Luhan is to you!" Mrs. Oh cried, rubbing her templed. Sehun scoffed on the inside, knowing that Luhan didn't exactly have a very good record of reporting to Sehun of his little trips with other people. Whether it was with Kai, or Hyuna or Jodi, Luhan never reported. He sighed as he turned around and walked away, intending on going back to his room. As he was, he past by his father who didn't even spare him a glance. Sehun shrugged off his father's weirdness and walked away.

"What was all that noise back there?" Mr. Oh asked. Mrs. Oh sighed and rested her head against his chest.

"The children are giving me a headache," Mrs. Oh replied. "Sehun threw a tantrum when he saw Luhan in Jodi's room."

"Why would Luhan be in Jodi's room? Shouldn't a female servant be tending to her? We could've had Jessica or Kyungmi even," Mr. Oh said.

"But Luhan is the only one who knows English. Even though Sehun was the one who learnt English, he forgot it, unlike the person who he taught English to, which was Luhan," Mrs. Oh answered.

"It shouldn't be an excuse. Jodi is in Korea, so she will speak Korean. She will have a female servant serving her from now on. Inform Luhan of this," Mr. Oh replied with a hard tone.

"I don't see what the problem is here. Luhan doesn't present a problem," Mrs. Oh mentioned, tilting her head in confusion.

"It's not Luhan who's the problem, it's the girl," Mr. Oh replied. "She's planning on taking asian models back to America and she seems to have taken a liking to Luhan. There is a possiblity of Luhan going with Jodi back to America."

"That can't be possible," Mrs. Oh gasped.

"Yes, and we can't lose Luhan. He's the last of that pathetic family, ever since his father left the house," Mr. Oh replied. "Keep an eye on Luhan. Who knows, she probably has already told him of her plan and he's preparing to leave us anytime soon."

 

Sehun stayed in his room for the rest of the afternoon, standing up and sitting down, practising his calligraphy and even learning English again. It was too bad that the textbooks didn't tell him how to swear. His mind trailed back to Luhan and how he was in Jodi's room. All of a sudden, a rush of regret washed over him and he felt bad when he remembered the look on Luhan's face when Sehun was shouting at him. Was that how he was supposed to act towards the person he loved? He sighed and wondered when he would get to see Luhan again that day. He wanted to apologise. 

The God's must've been looking down on him, because there was a knock on the door.

"Master Sehun, I must get you ready for tonight," came Luhan's familar sweet voice. Sehun's face brighened up and he rushed up to the door and flung it open with a wide grin. Luhan got a bit of a shock, seeing the taller boy's bright look and he was suddenly shuffled inside. Sehun locked the door behind them and turned to face Luhan, trying to muster up a sincere expression. When Luhan turned around, he didn't expect Sehun to be staring at him.

"Um..." Luhan mumbled.

"I'm sorry," Sehun blurted out, which had Luhan's eyes bulging.

"Master, no, I am sorry! I give you my most humble apologies! You are right, I shouldn't have been in her room, I should've have gotten Jessica or Krystal! And about the situation I was in, I was about to leave the room, truly!" Luhan cried, clasping his hands together and lowering himself to the ground. Sehun knew he was going to kneel, so he quickly grabbed Luhan's elbows and pulled his back up and into a hug. Luhan went quiet all of a sudden and his body tensed up.

"Master, they might see us," Luhan whispered.

"I locked the door," Sehun mumbled, which had Luhan blushing.

"I'm...dirty?" Luhan tried to come up with an excuse.

"Do you not like me hugging you, Luhan? I've done worse, you know," Sehun chuckled as he drew circles on Luhan's back. Luhan felt his back caving in, melting against Sehun's soft touches.

"Master, I'm sorry," Luhan whispered.

"I more sorry," Sehun replied.

"Then I am the most sor-" Sehun rolled his eyes and pulled back, before leaning back in and pressing his lips against Luhan's. Luhan's hands suddenly clutched at the fabric of Sehun's shirt and lifted himself up so that he could get even closer to Sehun's body. His eyes slowly closed as he felt his soul melt through his skin and the whole room went silent, allowing Luhan to finally hear the loud thudding of their heartbeats. Sehun wrapped his arms around Luhan, almost like a hug, and embraced him gently before parting his lips and letting his tongue slowly dart out and prod at Luhan's lips. Luhan complied almost immediately, letting Sehun in and welcoming the sensations. Luhan could feel his face getting hot and he slowly ran his hand up until he was clutching Sehun's shoulders. He didn't want the moment to end, but squeezed Sehun's shoulder and Sehun took the hint and stepped back.

"Don't apologise. How about let's say we were both in the wrong?" Sehun suggested and both boys grinned at each other. Luhan smiled shyly before tucking his head in and pressing it against Sehun's chest. The sudden move had Sehun cursing himself, as he wondered if Luhan could hear his fast beating heart. Luhan never really initated things a lot on his own, so Sehun was panicking more than ever.

"Your heart is beating fast, Master Sehun," Luhan mumbled against Sehun's shirt, his voice sending vibrations up Sehun's chest.

"Do you know why?" Sehun managed to speak. He was surprised he could even speak at all, with Luhan so close to him.

"Um...I-Well..I can't.... Maybe..." Luhan stuttered, not really knowing how to answer.

"It's because of Jodi," Sehun replied and Luhan suddenly went stiff. "God, she's so beautiful. She's only a little older than me too. I like older women."

"Oh...yes, of course, Miss. Jodi is a nice person," Luhan mumbled, biting his lip. He suddenly felt really uncomfortable in Sehun arms, so he tried to pull away. But then Sehun burst out laughing.

"Oh, you're adorable, hyung!" Sehun cried and pulled him back into an embrace.

There he goes again, playing the 'hyung' card. One of my few weaknesses, Luhan thought to himself.

 

Jodi was pulling back his bedsheets when a knock suddenly came to the door. She wondered who it was and slowly opened it, only to gasp a bit and jump back when she saw it was Sehun.

"I'm sorry!" she shouted and Sehun gave her an unfazed look. He looked around her room and finally spotted what he was trying to find on the bedside table. He reached out and grabbed it, which sent her into a frenzy. 

"Hey! That's mine! You can't touch that! Do you know how much that camera cost? Almost all my savings, so put the camera down before you break it- Oh my God, you're pressing random buttons! Stop! You're going to-" She stopped talking when she saw how Sehun went still. Jodi stepped on her toes and looked over to see what picture he was viewing and her heart stopped when she saw that he had come over one of the photos of Luhan. It was the first one she had taken of him, the one by the window.

Jodi glanced up at Sehun's face to see his reaction, only to be surprised by the look of endearment on his face. He had a smile peeking at the corner of his lips and his eyes glowed as he looked at every taken photo. Then...it clicked.

"You like him," she blurted out, which had Sehun pausing before he could view the next picture. He snapped his head in her direction. "And you don't just like him, you love him, like in a I-want-to-date-you kind of way. Oh my God, does he know you feel this way? Oh sorry, I forgot you can't understand English-"

"He knows," Sehun suddenly spoke and Jodi found herself still at the sound of his voice. It was the first time she had ever heard him speak in a calm tone.

"I thought you couldn't speak Eng-"

"You thought," Sehun replied. 

"...What...what does he think?" she asked. She was incredibly curious on the matter, but Sehun had shot her a fiery look.

"It's none of your business," he replied and she found herself scoffing at him. And here she thought that she could have a decent conversation with him. 

"Fine. Since you were able to understand all the English so far because it was basic English, I will now talk with complicated words. I am working on a project where I am going to take two models from here, a girl and a boy, to Washington where they will be the new models for a new fashion brand. I am already planning on taking the boy in those photos that you were just viewing to Washington and there will be nothing you can do to stop me. I have the money!" she blurted out. Sehun found himself going dizzy at the speech, but he had a bad feeling about it. He had a sinking feeling of a threat in her little pep talk. 

"Whatever," Sehun replied and threw the camera onto the bed. She screamed out in shock and dashed after it, checking to see if it was okay. Jodi turned around to glare at the younger boy, only to see he had left the scene

As Sehun walked away, all he could think about was Jodi and the wild look in her eyes. He remembered the way how she had her arm wrapped around his shoulder the day before.

"I'm not losing you to anyone, Luhan," Sehun mumbled. Then he looked up, only to see Luhan in a discussion with his mother.

 

"You must go rest, Madame. You look tired," Luhan commented. Mrs. Oh smiled up at him.

"Thank you, Luhan," she mumbled. "You don't know how horrified I was to hear about the CEO's condition."

"I heard he had had a heart attack," Luhan added.

"Yes. That was extremely frustrating," Mrs. Oh sighed. Mrs. Oh was supposed to be on a business trip in China, as Luhan remembered. But she had come home later the same day he was informed of her departure, tired and thirsty. Luhan had overheard her discussing with Mr. Oh that the CEO of the brand she was supposed to be discussing with had had a heart attack, so the meeting was cancelled, along with her flight. She ended up having to stay at a motel nearby the airport and had to come back home the next day. 

"You must rest then. Don't worry about your duties, Madame. I will have Krystal onto it," Luhan said.

"I don't think Krystal will like that," Mrs. Oh joked.

"It's not her place to decide," Luhan replied with a chuckle. Mrs. Oh's face softened and she patted Luhan carefully on the shoulder.

"Despite what my husband or my son thinks, I think you are a very capable servant Luhan. It would be tragic if we lost you. Sehun wouldn't be able to cope," Mrs. Oh said. Luhan bowed his head to her.

"Thank you, Madame," Luhan said, before bowing once again and walking away. Mrs. Oh watched him leave and as she turned to do as well, she caught sight of Sehun looking at her. Sehun nodded at her and then spun around, walking back towards his room.

 


"Nope. I'm not losing you, Luhan," Sehun mumbled underneath his breath as he shut himself away in his room.


 

Hi guys! Another update. Seems like Jodi has a plan. Who's the girl that she's taking with her to Washington as well? Hahaha, you'll see. You may guess for now. 

Anyways, remember guys to vote for EXO for the MAMA Awards everyday. You may think it doesnt make a difference, because come on it's only one vote, but still, every vote counts. 

Onto the comments:

chachachilily - oh hohohohoho brace yourself. 

Dyo_Little_Girl - Don't worry, Hyuna is coming up soon. Trust me. 

bottreypigpig - hahahaha my story cant make anyone cry. I don't think its even sad (???) But thanks so much for reading ^-^

wtfamireading - addiction? O.O asfkjnfjndf huhlololololo