015

A Child's Game

July 7th, 1991

Luhan shot up in his bed, his eyes sore and stiff.

He reached up to touch his face and felt something crumble off. When he peered down to look at his hands, he saw that his tears had dried up- tears? Luhan wiped hard at his eyes and felt his dried tears peeling off. Once he was done, he sat back and looked up at the ceiling. Why was he crying? The answer was so simple. He had a dream. And it was no ordinary dream. And no, it was not a dream where Sehun had suddenly disappeared, because Luhan reckoned that wouldn't be so bad, but in fact it was much worse and it only lasted for about three seconds.

In his dream, Luhan was being held tightly by something. The sky was dark and he was surrounded by trees that had lights hanging around them. He was at some sort of festival. There was a painting of a dragon hanging off a tree, so maybe a Chinese oriented festival. Then ever so slowly, Luhan's vision panned, until he spotted something in the distance. As he had expected, there was a festival. But all he could make out were numerous large tents with bright neon lights hung everywhere. Then, standing before it all, was a thin silhouette. Luhan's vision focused on the silhouette and slowly, the figure began to gain detail.

It was Sehun and the look on his face was a look that Luhan will have forever burned in his mind. 

That was when Luhan woke up. That look... Luhan's heart would clench whenever he would remember it. It was like as if someone had punched him hard in the gut and whenever he remembered that look, it was like pouring salt into a fresh wound.

Luhan turned to his side and glanced down at his sleeping master, who laid on his side, with a small smile tugging at his lips. Luhan slid down back under the covers and faced him. Then he reached out and pushed back a strand of hair that had began to tickle Sehun's eyelashes. Slowly, his hand began to lower a bit and Luhan traced the eyebags under Sehun's eyes.

"Never cry for me again," Luhan whispered. Thankfully, Sehun was not awake this time.

 

(people, please notice the date)

January 14th, 1989

Footsteps.

Crap, footsteps!

Luhan's eyes widened in shock and he turned his head towards the bedroom door. Then he glanced back down at a peacefully sleeping Sehun. Sehun apparently had a nightmare and the first place he came running to, was Luhan's room.

At first, before Luhan arrived at the Oh mansion, Sehun apparently always ran to his parent's room. But when Luhan came, he changed to Luhan, somehow finding more comfort with a boy close to his own age. But not only that, whenever he went to sleep in Luhan's bed, he always fell asleep first, which really boggled Luhan's mind. Luhan had sat on Sehun's bed before and it was undeniable that Sehun's bed was way more comfortable than his own, so how come Sehun slept better in Luhan's bed? It was a question he was yet to ask.

Warning bells began to ring in his head and his heart began to race. He needed to wake up Sehun quick. He turned to Sehun and gently pushed his shoulder.

"Young Master, wake up," Luhan whispered. The footsteps were beginning to get louder and Luhan started to push harder. "Master Sehhun, please! Get up! Someone is coming and they will see you here! Please!"

"Mm? Luhan? Five more minutes..." Sehun mumbled.

"I think it's your dad," Luhan eventually said, recognizing the clicking sounds from Mr. Oh's heels. Sehun shot up at that moment. His eyes bulged and he quickly hopped out of the bed. He rushed to the door, but Luhan grabbed him and pulled him back. "Master, no! He will see you! You are not allowed in my quarters, remember?"

"What should I do?!" Sehun cried quietly. Luhan's eyes darted around the room, trying to find a good enough hiding space. The table wasn't going to be any good and under the bed wouldn't either. Then his eyes landed on his wardrobe. It was small, but it would fit Sehun easily.

"In the wardrobe, Master!" Luhan cried. Sehun followed Luhan's orders and quickly slipped into the cupboard. Luhan quickly followed up by trying to close the doors. He grabbed a thin piece of fabric off the floor and used that the try and tie the handles shut. He had just finished on the last knot when Mr. Oh suddenly walked in. Luhan left the fabric alone and turned to bow to him. He could hear Sehun making a one last adjustment in there, before going silent. 

"What were you doing, Luhan?" Mr. Oh asked.

"Nothing, sir," Luhan replied.

"Why are the handles tied?" Mr. Oh asked once again.

"I couldn't close the doors, sir."

"Impossible. You do not own that many clothes," Mr. Oh said. Then there was the sound of a bump coming from the closet and Luhan turned towards the closet in shock. Mr. Oh frowned in the direction of the closet and approached it.

"Sir, there's nothing in there," Luhan insisted.

"Well then if there isn't, why have you tied the handles?" Mr. Oh inquired.

"Please sir!" Luhan cried.

"Are you keeping a pet in this household?!" Mr. Oh shouted.

"No, sir! Definitely not, sir! There is honestly nothing in there!" Luhan pleaded. He grabbed at Mr. Oh's sleeve, but then he realized what he had done and released the cloth. Mr. Oh glared down at him before ripping off the fabric. Luhan looked away and held his breath.

Five seconds past and not a word was shared between the two men.

"Hm, I don't see why you put up such a fuss," Mr. Oh mumbled after a while. Luhan opened his eyes slowly and he glanced at the wardrobe, expecting to see Sehun hiding behind a coat in the corner or something.

But no. Even better.

Sehun wasn't even in the closet. Luhan's eyes widened in shock and he quickly flicked through the clothes, trying to make sense of Sehun's disappearance. 

"Or was there something in there before?" Mr. Oh raised an eyebrow. "I swear, Luhan, if you are hoarding a stray in this house, you will be leaving this place immediately, despite your history with my son."

"The emptiness in my closet speaks for itself," Luhan replied and bowed his head.

"Very well. Get dressed and tend to Sehun. We are going to pay the Kim's a visit," Mr. Oh ordered and Luhan bowed in reply. Mr. Oh glanced back at the closet one more time, giving it a shifty look before straightening his shirt and walking out of the room, shutting the door on his way out. Once the door closed, Luhan rushed over to the closet and filed through.

"Master! Where did you go?" Luhan cried. When there was a knock on the wall, Luhan jumped back in shock. But then suddenly, a tiny door on the back of the wardrobe opened and Luhan almost screamed, if Sehun wasn't the one on the other side.

"Luhan, did you know that you have a secret room behind your wardrobe?" Sehun asked.

"Pardon?" Luhan replied. He slowly slowly slipped through the small hole in the wardrobe, to jump into a large room. Sehun was right, there was a secret room and by the looks of it, it looked like a mini classroom. There were old desks pushed up in the back and a whiteboard in the front. Then, in the middle of the room, was a large white table, covered in dust.

"Wow, we should hang out here," Sehun suggested. Luhan immediately shook his head.

"No, Master Sehun! It's much too dusty and you can get asthma," Luhan bothered. Sehun laughed and patted Luhan's cheek, making Luhan's face got hot.

"You worry too much, Luhan. Hey, how about I teach you things here? Like how to read and write?" Sehun suggested again. Luhan was honestly tempted to learn, but there were so many things wrong with the idea. Most of the ideas had consequences that involved Mr. Oh.

"Your father would forbid it," Luhan hesitated.

"Then let's not tell him," Sehun replied. "We can hide here. The only way he will ever find this place, is if he is seeking it, which I doubt will happen. My father isn't so tedious that he would search for secret rooms behind wardrobes." Luhan giggled a bit. Realizing he laughed, he covered his mouth and hung his head. Sehun, however, was absolutely delighted. Hearing such a light sound coming from Luhan's mouth made his face brighten.

"What was that?! Did you just laugh?" Sehun cried and he cupped Luhan's face. Luhan refused to meet his eyes and Sehhun half laughed at this. "Oh my, you're so precious, Luhan."

"Master, please..." Luhan mumbled. There was silence for a while, as the boy's giggles died down. Then it was just Sehun holding Luhan's hanging head. Slowly, Luhan raised his head, his eyes locked on Sehun's in question. Sehun looked back down at him, his eyes dark in the unlit room, and a sense of curiosity in his look.

"So," Sehun began, slowly dragging a finger down Luhan's jawline, making Luhan shiver. The touch alone was enticing, but the half-lidded look Sehun was giving him was intense. "what should we do now?"

"Let's learn!" Luhan cried, trying to pull himself out of Sehun's hold. Sehun just shook his head and leaned in. Luhan pulled back a bit, making both boys take a few steps back. Luhan noticed how Sehun's eyes darted briefly over his head before settling back down on Luhan, with a mischievous grin on his face.

"I have a different idea," Sehun whispered. Then he took a huge step forward, forcing Luhan to quickly step back. Sehun repeated this until Luhan's back hit the white table in the middle. When this happened, Luhan's mind stopped thinking. A satisfied smirk grew on Sehun's face when he managed to corner Luhan.

Then Sehun started to lean in. Reacting like he usually does, Luhan leaned back, hoping to take a step back, only to realise that the more Sehun leaned forward, Luhan was starting to lie down on the table. Suddenly, Sehun moved forward quickly, making Luhan pull back fast, only to have his back slam against the surface of the table. Once Sehun knew that Luhan was fully lying down, he neared in, making Luhan whimper.

"H-Hold on, Master....wait!" Luhan mumbled underneath his breath.

"What is it?" Sehun asked, still not slowing down. Then their nose touched and Sehun used his hands to force Luhan to look at him. Luhan tried shifting his gaze away from Sehun's eyes, which were a little bit to close for comfort.

"U-Um...is that offer to l-learn ho-how to read a-and write still standing?" Luhan questioned. Sehun grinned, making his eyes turn to brief crescents.

"Available in an hour or two," Sehun replied. Luhan's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Why such a specific time? What are we going to do in those few hours?" Luhan asked.

Then Sehun briefly smirked before replying, "Naughty stuff."

"Wait-mmf," Luhan was cut off when Sehun placed his lips over Luhan's. Luhan immediately closed his eyes and balled up his fists by Sehun's shoulders. Sehun grinned into the kiss and slowly reached up to grab Luhan's arms, only to wrap them around his neck. Luhan blushed when he realized he was now embracing his Master and when he tried to move his hand away, Sehun would make a sound of protest.

The kiss was definitely not sweet. Sehun took the lead, his lips molding into the Luhan's, trying to keep a fast and needy pace. At the speed he was going at, Luhan had no choice but to let Sehun practically devour him. Sehun wasted no time, darting out his tongue to swipe along Luhan's bottom lip, gaining entrance to Luhan's mouth in no time. He explored him, earning soft sounds from the smaller boy. Sehun's hands eventually began to travel lower and Luhan's eyes widened in realization.

At that moment, he quickly pulled back and turned his face away. Sehun frowned at this, but he released Luhan and stood up straight nonetheless.

"Sorry if I made you uncomfortable," Sehun apologised.

"No! That is not the case, honestly!" Luhan protested. "It was me...I..."

"It's okay, Luhan. Come on, help me get dressed," Sehun said and headed towards the hole in the wall. Luhan watched him slip through with guilt lodged in his stomach. 

"Master...don't leave me..." Luhan whispered. He watched as Sehun's foot disappeared through the hole.

 

"What took you so long, Luhan? Did you get stuck on the way out?" Sehun asked, worry unhidden in his voice.

"None of the kind," Luhan responded. Then he walked over to the wardrobe and carefully pulled the doors open. Luhan remembered when he was nine and accidently broke the doors.

"That was mahogany, you ignorant peasant!" Mr. Kim shouted and slapped Luhan hard in the face. Luhan began to tear up, but he knew better than to lift his head and cry shamefully. 

"I'm very sorry, Mr. Kim. I will be more careful next time," Luhan apologised. Then there was the pittering sound of footsteps running down the hallway. Luhan quickly turned his head away, when Sehun ducked his head into the room to see what was going on.

"Mr. Kim, why were you shouting? I heard shout- Luhan!" Sehun cried. He rushed into the room and on instinct, Luhan pulled up his arms to cover his red face. Sehun stopped in his tracks and looked curiously between Luhan and Sehun. Then Luhan bowed and quickly rushed out of the room. when Sehun tried to follow after him, Mr. Kim held him back. 

"Do not follow him or you will be punished too, young Master," Mr. Kim warned. Sehun trembled a bit. 

 

"Take it," a voice said. Luhan glanced up from his seating place to see a tall dark silhouette standing in front of him. Darn the stupid blackout. The stranger was holding out something to Luhan and Luhan took it with curiousity. When he felt something cold and smooth grace his skin, he realised he was holding a glass of water. 

"I'm sorry, but what is this for?" Luhan sniffed. 

"I heard you crying here. So drink this and get over it," the person replied before strolling away. When the stranger walked past a window, Luhan saw the stranger's dark locks, prim white clothes and poished shoes. No doubt, a son of some sort of a wealthy family. 

Feeling greatly honored and grateful, Luhan stood up and bowed at the figure, even though the stranger couldn't even see him.

Luhan shook away the memory when he felt a tap on his shoulder. 

"Luhan, we have to go quick," Sehun whispered.

"Ah yes, of course. I was distracted," Luhan replied. Then he reached in and pulled out a clean white shirt with long ironed black pants and polished back shoes. He passed them onto Sehun who looked at it with distaste.

"These are my best clothes," Sehun mumbled.

"Yes, Master," Luhan replied.

"We're going to see the Kim's, aren't we?" Sehun sighed.

"Yes, Master. I will wait outside." Luhan bowed and quickly took his leave. He closed Sehun's bedroom door behind him to give sehun some privacy and then took position against the wall.

 

Sehun and Luhan both entered the main hall about ten minutes later, where Mr. Oh and Mrs. Oh were ready and waiting. They were both staning upright by the door, adjusting their scarves and coats. When Luhan and them caught eyes, Luhan quickly bowed and then stepped aside for Sehun to move through.

"Thank you, Luhan. You may tend to your duties now," Mrs. Oh told him. Luhan nodded, but on his way out, Sehun grabbed his sleeve. Then Sehun leaned down and whispered to him.

"Eunhyuk, Hyoyeon and I are going to escape to visit the Chinese festival tonight. Meet me there?" Sehun asked. Luhan's eyes widened in horror. He couldn't possibly...

"Master, that's preposterous," Luhan cried quietly. Sehun just grinned.

"I'll see you by the Great Apple tree before midnight, okay? The fireworks are going to go off then," Sehun smiled.

"Master, I really don't-"

"You said you were going to try from now on. You promised, remember?" Sehun asked, wiggling his eyebrows. Luhan blushed a horribly obvious shade of red, which made Sehun laugh, gaining the attention of his parents behind him.

"Hurry up, Sehun. We need to go," they called out.

"Okay, bye, see you there!" Sehun cried. Honestly, he already knew from the beginning that Luhan was going to object (like always). But he had a feeling inside that Luhan would like to go.

 

Luhan wanted to go so bad...but he couldn't.

Not with Sehun.

He was going to go out, but on all costs...he must never cross paths with Oh Sehun.

Ha, if Luhan thought that the day that Sehun asked if Luhan loved him was the day that was going to change everything, then he was horribly wrong.

 

Today, was the day that was going to ruin everything.


 

Hi guys, I finally updated! I'm so sorry, because it has almost been two months since I updated, so I'm on my knees. Haha, well, I will now ask the official question. Give your answer now, because the next chapter is going to reveal the final answer.

What was Luhan's answer? Did he say that he would accept Sehun or did he say that he didn't want Sehun?

It was the same question from chapter 12, but I'm asking again to remind everyone. Remember that there is a prize for this, so give in your answers! 

 

onto the comments:

EXO_SHINee: I legit sang to that. I'm so going to sing that from now on. THANK YOU.

Xianthese2320: I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to write that story based on that song. It's just that I'm being a lazy right now and yuh. But I will still work on it, even if it will take me 20 yrs, not that its going to take that long!

Bright5: Oh Kyungsoo??? Hm...I wonder if I have him as a surprise character later in the story...hmmm???

ShawolSonElfGF: Blaze it.

Triple-Key: I would personally like to thank you so much for your feedback. You don't know how many times I go back to read your comment because it makes me really happy.

exo_luv: but let's not forget all the other- wait no, no more hints! NO MORE! MUST REFRAIN!

Breadesu: well, since it's pretty obvious...YES. THERE WILL BE A FIGHT. AND OH MY, WILL IT BE A FIGHT. MUAHAHAHAHA.

minnieF & orangeang: hello new readers! Thank you for commenting! Nice to meet you!