014

A Child's Game

July 6th, 1991

Luhan woke up feeling the weight of a minor hangover. 

His vision was blurred and all he could make out was a dimly lit room and an empty glass sitting on a table. Luhan flashed back to the night before and he groaned into his hands. When he turned around in the bed, he was suddenly face to face with Sehun. Luhan's thoughts ran wild as he thoguht about what Sehun could've possibly done to him while he was unconscious. But then Luhan hit himself lightly when he realised that Sehun wasn't that kind of person. 

Sehun was kind. 

To Luhan at least. 

Luhan slowly peeled himself away from the bed. He heard the bed creak and he winced when Sehun groaned out. Luhan could see Sehun's eyeballs rolling underneath his eyelids and Luhan in a silent breath. When Sehun finally went still, Luhan let out the breath and continued to walk out. When he feet made contact with the cold concrete floor, he breathed out once more, a little louder than he wanted it to be. When Luhan finally made the door, he sighed in relief and quickly fled the room. Luhan knew very well that Sehun was going to be really mad, but to Luhan, it wouldn't matter because he wouldn't have to face him. Today was the Sunday. The day that Luhan had a day off. 

Luhan could see a few servants rushing around, trying to finish off chores before leaving to spend their day too. He looked to his right and saw Kyungmi enter an old room. Luhan then remembered that Kyungmi doesn't have her days off on Sundays.

"Luhan, where are you going today?" a junior maid who Luhan remembered as Min, asked.

"To the market," Luhan replied.

"You always go to the market," the maid replied. Luhan smiled at the young girl's observation.

"I have nowhere else to go," Luhan said.

"Don't you have friends?" she asked. Luhan raised his eyebrow at her.

"Friends? No one's got time for them here," Luhan replied.

"Don't be so uptight! Whenever I have my free day, I go and meet my boyfriend," the girl replied. Luhan chuckled and ruffled her hair. 

"Oh do you now?" Luhan said. 

"No, seriously! How about I show you to him?" she suggested.

"I guess it's better than spending my day doing the usual. How far away is he?"

"Not so far. You can even walk there," she replied.

"Should we go and buy some food to bring over. It would be awfully rude to intrude," Luhan frowned.

"He knows I come over. Plus, he has enough food," Min replied.

"If you insist," Luhan replied as he bit his lip.

 

"Why are you so edgy?" Min asked as they began to walk out of the house.

"I just really think we should bring something over," Luhan replied.

"How long have you been a servant for, Luhan?" Min suddenly asked.

"Huh? Um...since I could remember. Five, I'm guessing?"

"And this is only working for Sehun?"

"Master Sehun and yes," Luhan replied. 

"And did Sehun teach you etiquette?"

"Master Sehun and he did, in fact."

"Exactly, Luhan! Back then, manners and all was probably trendy, but this is the nineties now, Luhan! Everyone is more lenient," Min replied, throwing her arms around to exaggerate.

"It's a habit that has stuck to me," Luhan replied.

"My boyfriend is very calm and collected. He's also very friendly. You guys will get along great," Min said. "There won't be any need for manners once you see him."

"I do hope not," Luhan mumbled underneath his breath.

 

"Min...where are we going?" Luhan asked as they started to draw near a very familiar house.

"To my boyfriend's house, remember?!" Min cried.

"Um, Min...I don't think that's your boyfriend's house," Luhan replied.

"No, I'm positive," Min replied sternly. She pointed straight at the house that Luhan feared to walk into. "There. That's his house."

"Does he live there?" Luhan asked.

"Um...sort of. He works for the man who lives there," Min said.

"And do you know who is the owner of the house?" Luhan asked.

"Mm...no. But apparently, the owner is young, handsome and rich. Too bad he couldn't be my boyfriend, but I like my Jungsin," Min cooed. Luhan didn't hear the rest of what she was going to say because he had already zoned out. He could see dark figures moving throughout the house and he was just thinking about which one could possibly be Kai.

"Min, I think I'm just going to go to the market," Luhan said as he turned around, but Min caught his arm. 

"No! You have to see him! I want my two favourite guys to meet!" Min smiled. 

"I'm one of your favourite guys?" Luhan asked. 

"Well, you two are the only guys I know..." Min replied sadly. Luhan nodded in understanding. She probably didn't know her father either. 

"Okay fine. I will meet him, but it will be a short visit and then I have to go," Luhan said. 

"Really?! Yay!" Min cried. And then she started dragging Luhan towards the house even faster. 

 

"Hello?" Min called as she knocked on the front door. There was silence and waiting for a few minutes before the door swung open, reveiling a tall man who Luhan remembered to be a butler there. He hadn't aged a day for two years.

"Ah, Min. Coming to visit Jungsin?" the butler whispered.

"Yeah. Do you think you can sneak my friend and I in?" Min asked.

"I think, but the Master is up and around. You will take responsibility," the man replied.

"As always," Min said. Luhan raised an eye at the two. When the butler took the lead, Min turned to Luhan and whispered, "he was my one year senior when I was at school."

"Ah..." Luhan sighed. They removed their shoes and tip toed in. So far, so good. The butler motioned them t follow him quickly as they walked quickly down a deserted corridor. It was much more darker than the Oh's corridor.

"All you have to do now, is turn down there and enter through the door on the lef-" The butler was cut off when a voice interruted them.

"Mr. Park, what do you think you are doing?" someone asked. The voice was deep and mature, certainly not the same voice Luhan remembered. But it was still the same voice in a way and Luhan quickly ducked behind Min.

"I will not lie to you, Master Kim. This young miss wanted to meet Jungsin," the butler truthfully said as he bowed.

"She must leave now. She can take her friend with her," came the reply. But then there was silence. "Hold on, don't move. You there, hiding. Show your face to me. Show me respect."

"Dear God..." Luhan prayed as he clenched his eyes.

"You will do as I say!" the Master cried. Then Luhan reluctantly stood up and faced the young Master. The latter's eyes widened in shock as he registered who was standing before him.

"We meet again, Mr. Kim," Luhan greeted respectively as he bowed. The two sared at each other for a long time. Luhan could even hear the clock ticking from the dining room. Min couldn't help but wonder what was going on. Luhan reckoned that Kai hadn't changed a lot. His hair had gotten slighty curlier, but it gave him that older look, remindin Luhan that two years had indeed passed. Also, the boy's face was much more defined and lighter. He was still handsome, if not handsomer. 

"Okay, the girl may meet Jungsin, on the condition that the boy will follow me," Jongin ordered. Luhan snapped his head towards Min and gave her pleading eyes, but she wasn't even looking at him.

"Thank you, sir!" she cried and the butler quickly ushered her away. Luhan watched in horror as the girl was taken down another hallway, leaving him and Kai alone.

"Luhan..." Jongin whispered. Luhan just gulped.

"It's not right of me to be here. I shouldn't have even come. This was stupid," Luhan mumbled to himself. Then Jongin stepped forward a few steps and grabbed Luhan's arm. Luhan tried to gently shake him off.

"Please stay for a while," Jongin said quietly. Luhan did not reply, but Jongin already knew the answer. Jongin's hand slowly slid down until their hands met and Jongin clasped them. Luhan breathed out at the sudden contact and looked away.

"I shouldn't be here," Luhan whispered.

"You shouldn't be here because the dog won't allow you?" Jongin asked.

"I can't believe you still call him that after two years," Luhan chuckled. "Why can't you grow up?" Jongin's eyes widened at Luhan's words and he took a step back.

"You know how I feel about that...that boy," Jongin murmured.

"You know how I feel about being around you," Luhan replied.

"Being around me is not a problem. I'm not going to steal you. I can't! You legally belong to the Oh's," Jongin cried. "That's why I don't see the dog's reasoning. Unless he likes you or something."

"What if he does like me? What can you do about it?" Luhan challenged. 

"Luhan, you are getting braver and braver with each passing day," Jongin sighed. "What will I do? It's too bad that I like you too, right? And we both can't possibly share."

"What are you saying?" Luhan asked, eyes wide at Jongin's subtle confession.

"I'm going to silently challenge him then, for you," Jongin said.

"You're kidding me," Luhan breathed.

"I'm being serious," Jongin replied. "I like you, Luhan. One day, I will make you feel the same about me. I don't care how long it'll take. I'll keep my word."

Luhan's breath hitched.

"I love you, Luhan. I don't have any reason why I do. I just do. One day, I will make you feel the same. I don't care how long it'll take. I'll keep my word on that."

Almost the exact same thing that Sehun said two years ago. What happened then? What happened to the persevering Oh Sehun that wanted nothing but to make Luhan fall in love with him. As much as Luhan didn't want to admit, he missed the cute side of Sehun. The side that would sneak kisses to him in the backyard or the side that would hug him whenever he was hit. Sehun had grown up and he had seemed to leave that bit of him behind. Maybe Sehun was getting tired of Luhan. Maybe he was tired of waiting.

Something was touching Luhan's face. Luhan snapped out and saw Jongin wiping away Luhan's tears that Luhan didn't even know about.

"You were crying. What about?" Jongin asked.

"Oh my God..." Luhan choked. He turned around and dashed for the front door. "I'm sorry, Mr. Kim. I can't stay."

"Luhan! Where are you going?" Jongin called out as Luhan opened up the front door.

"Home," Luhan replied before the door slammed shut.

 

Sehun...Sehun...I am really emabrrassed thinking this...but I went to Mr. Kim's house. He told me that he liked me, but you know what was so weird? I only thought about you. I'm stupid, aren't I? 

 

"Master Sehun!" Luhan shouted out into the mansion. The servants turned to look at him weirdly. Mr. Oh walked out of his study room and gave him a stern look.

"Use your inside voice, Luhan," he scolded.

"I'm sorry, sir," Luhan bowed and ran off. He ran down the corridor that lead to Sehun's room. When he checked to see if Sehun was there, he wasn't. The bed was made and everything was tidy. Sehun must've left or something. Luhan quickly caught his breath as he started to walk towards his own room.

"I can see him later, I can talk to him later," Luhan reminded himself. Then he opened his door and got a shock.

Sehun was sleeping on his bed. Luhan's breath hitched at the sight. But the first thing that came into his head was, 'oh no, get off my bed! It's dirty!' but then the silence engulfed him and Luhan's thoughts were put to rest. Instead, he walked over quietly and sat at the foot of the bed. Then he looked around and smiled when he saw that everything was tidy and neat, just like Sehun's room. 

"Thank you, Master Sehun," Luhan whispered. Then his heart stopped for a second. He had a sudden idea, but he wasn't sure if he should follow through with it. He glanced over to his open bedroom door, quickly closed it and then sighed.

Then slowly, he lowered himself onto the bed, facing Sehun. He smiled at Sehun's sleeping face. His sleeping face was one thing that Luhan reckoned had never changed. It was always peaceful, like as if the real Sehun didn't exist.

"I'm glad you are here," Luhan whispered.

"Mm, me too," Sehun murmured.

Wait.

What.

Luhan's eyes widened and he slowly started to back away, but Sehun's arm s out quickly, wrapped around Luhan and pulled him in closer. Luhan squeaked and he swore he felt his heart explode when Sehun opened his eyes and smiled.

"Don't leave now," Sehun grinned and snuggled into Luhan's chest. Luhan felt warm and he almost cried at this feeling. How long had it been since he had felt this around Sehun? And not in the romantic way, but in a 'hyung' kind of way?

"You're like a kid, Master Sehun," Luhan whispered.

"Compared to you, I am. I hope you don't mind if I act a little childish for now?" Sehun asked as he hugged Luhan close with a smile on his face.

You truly look like a kid, Master Sehun. 

"Master Sehun?" Luhan murmured.

"Yeah, Luhan?" Sehun mumbled.

"I love you when you're-"

"No, stop there," Sehun abruptly called out. "Stop there..."

"Such a child," Luhan chuckled.

"Yeah, but you love me like this, so shush."

Took the words right out of my mouth. 

 


 

Hey guys! I wrote an extra chapter in celebration of the launch of my new story, 'Busan's Little Brother' which is Kaisoo. I know there is a non-kaisoo reader out there, but meh. Don't read it then. Your loss. Or maybe not, since you don't read Kaisoo...okay, I'm tripping myself up. OMG, I have so much hopes for this story. I am much more excited about it than More Than a Phase. sfjbdfkjfjkn feels. And it'll be written better too, I hope. 

Thanks guys for your support. and lol, this is probably my most fastest update in months.

 

Sehunnnaaah: Dead??? Dead???? Heck naaaw.

EXO_SHINee: Omg, it's like you read my mind- jks. I'm not going to change my mind, or else the whole thing will be messed up. Of course it is sort of disappointing if the readers get the answer right, but then again, the readers will be ecstatic when they see they did (not saying that have, but not saying that hadn't).

noelanihonu: UuUuUu~ a hairuct. What kind of style?

HotChoco_Lover125: Haha, that's the first answer I've got that was different. I like the way you think. And the reward? Well.....

kpopbadgirl: girl, i know how you feel. Honestly. You don't know how hard it is trying to make the readers hate and love Sehun at the same time, or make Sehun seem like a brat but a loving kind of brat. It's so hard and I'm still trying to figure it out. But there are times when I am trying to show the good sign of the story, you know? Writing conflicting genres is so freaking hard.

Xianthese2320: Gurl, don't lie to me. Hahaha, I can't make anyone cry. At least not yet. Do you read Kaisoo? You should read my next story, Busan's Little Brother. That's the story where I'm going to try really hard to make people cry in, but you don't have to if you don't want to. Grjkhg I hate it when I try to make people read my other stories because its so dang difficult. I hate advertising...

Bright5: I like the way you comment, haha.