007

A Child's Game

January 8th, 1989

Things weren't going to be easy forever.

Hyuna had come over for the day and was constantly hanging onto Luhan. That was something that really made Sehun boil. 

"Luhan, come with me! I want to show you something!" Hyuna begged, as she held onto Luhan's arm. Sehun was nearby, raking his fingers against the doorframe. It hurt like hell, but his heart hurt more. He wondered why Luhan wasn't doing anything.

"I'm not permitted to leave the household without my Master's permission." Luhan replied. Hyuna pouted and looked around. Suddenly, Sehun and Hyuna's eyes were locked and Hyuna smirked. 

"Hi, Sehun." she greeted. Luhan's head snapped towards the doorway and he turned a shade of pink, making Sehun smirk a little bit. 

"Hi Luhannie, and you too, Miss Hyuna." Sehun greeted. Hyuna folded her arms.

"I told you to call me 'Hyuna', not 'Miss Hyuna', remember?" Hyuna growled a bit. 

"Well it's not as if we're close." Sehun replied, making Hyuna boil a bit.

"We've known each other since we were five. I think we can drop the formality." Hyuna said. Sehun then looked at Luhan and tilted his head to the sidea bit, feigning cuteness. 

"Should I, Luhannie? Should I drop the honorifcs?" Sehun asked cutely. Luhan had to cough a bit.

"It's not my place to say." Luhan replied politely. 

"No, come on. I'll do whatever you say." Sehun smiled. Luhan's eyes went wide, along with Hyuna's. 

"What?!" Hyuna blurted out. 

"I'll do whatever you say, Luhan. Just tell me." Sehun said. Luhan narrowed his eyes a bit. Sehun sounded weird, something sounded off. Then Luhan had a sudden flashback.

“You know, when you’re with me, you are my equal.” Sehun said.

Luhan's eyes went wider and blushed even harder. 

"Ah...Miss Hyuna is a nice lady and you have been friends for many years." Luhan said, he glanced a bit at Sehun.

"So...?" Sehun asked. Luhan adjusted his collar. 

"Well...maybe you could drop the honorifics, if it is fine with Miss Hyuna." Luhan said. Sehun smiled a bit, but there was soon the sound of footsteps and everyone turned towards the hall door. Mr. Oh was standing there. At that moment, Luhan felt the whip marks from yesterday burning into his back and he winced a bit. Sehun saw him and had to hold himself back from going over to comfort him. 

"Were you telling your Master what to do, Luhan?" Mr. Oh asked.

"Yes, Mr. Oh." Luhan hung his head. 

"Why?" Mr. Oh asked with an angry voice. Luhan paused for a second. He couldn't lie, if he did, he would be in more trouble and so would Sehun.

"Because I was being disrespectful and I let my bad attitude get in the way." Luhan said softly. Sehun was about to in, but Luhan gave Sehun a look that shut him up. 

"Luhan, you should know better." Mr. Oh said. "Go and clean up the backyard and then afterwards, help Mr. Lang with the gardening." Mr. Oh instructed. Sehun's eyes went wide. If he calculated correctly, the whole task would take a few hours, meaning that Luhan would miss out on the afternoon break.

"Father, don't you think that's a bit too much?" Sehun interrupted. He heard Luhan gasp a bit.

"No, I don't believe so. Now stop interferring with my decisions, or else you'll go without food too." Mr. Oh said. Sehun went silent after that. 

"Understood, Mr. Oh." Luhan bowed and then moved off and so did Mr. Oh. Hyuna watched Luhan go, her face softening a bit. Then she too followed him. Sehun ran after her.

"Where are you going?" Sehun asked the young girl.

"To help Luhan." Hyuna said. 

"Why?" Sehun asked. 

"Because I started it all." Hyuna replied. She was about to leave, when a maid suddenly appeared.

"Miss Hyuna, your parents have arrived." the maid said and bowed. Hyuna watched as the blonde boy disappeared outside and she sighed in defeat.

"Tell them that I will be just getting my things." Hyuna replied and the maid quickly left. Then Hyuna turned towards Sehun and gave him a sharp look. "You help Luhan. Do it for me." Then with that, she left. Sehun looked at the door, leading outside. His heart hurt a bit, so he placed a hand over it and sighed. 

"I'm sorry, Luhan." Sehun whispered. 

 

"What did you do now?" Mr. Lang asked as Luhan approached in gardening clothes and a tiny spade. Luhan smiled.

"I was being disrespectful, but it's okay, because now I get to garden with you, Mr. Lang." Luhan said with a twinkle in his eyes. Mr. Lang scoffed a bit before smiling at the boy.

"Aish, you really know how to charm old men like me." Mr. Lang laughed and both boys began to dig. 

"So Mr. Lang, what other places did you go to today?" Luhan asked. 

"Miss Hyuna's house was the first, followed by Miss Hyoyeon's and then Mr. Kim's." Mr. Lang said. Luhan's eys went wide in shock and he dropped his spade.

"M-Mr. K-Kim?!" Luhan stuttered. Mr. Lang suddenly realised his mistake and waved his spade in defense.

"Ah! Sorry, I meant Mr. Jongin's." Mr. Lang said. "At there house, they use the last names."

"Kim...Jongin?" Luhan wondered. He had heard the name before. He thought really hard and a sudden memory flashed into his mind.

Luhan was trying to find Sehun; he needed to deliver an important letter to him. But the young Master had disappeared. He saw a maid running past with a tray of food and he quickly stopped her.

"Ah, Gaeun, where are you going?" Luhan asked. 

"To the board room. The Master's are having a meeting. Are you looking for Master Sehun? He is there as well." Gaeun replied. Both servants bowed to each other, before Gaeun fled. Then Luhan suddenly started running after her.

"I'll come with you, Gaeun!" Luhan called out.

 

"Okay, now handling the matter of the Great Festival Night. What's the given budget?" a voice asked from inside the board room. There was more muttering, but the language was too difficult to understand from behind the door. He could only hear a few things. Then Luhan took a deep breath and knocked ont he door. All the voices in the room went quiet and then Luhan walked in. He remembered seeing Sehun's bright face as he walked in. 

"Ah, I have a letter for Master Sehun." Luhan bowed and quietly made his way over to the young boy. Luhan looked at Sehun's side and saw another boy, the same age as Sehun, sitting next to him. 

"Hello." the boy said. 

"His name is Luhan." Sehun told him.

"Hello, Luhan," the boy said. Luhan studied him quickly. Full lips, tanned skin, messy dark hair and pretty eyes. "My name is Jongin, Kim Jongin."

 

This memory was from a few years back, probably when Sehun was only 8 or 9.

"Mr. Jongin?" Luhan asked, as he picked up his shovel and started to dig again.

"Mm, he's a very cold boy." Mr. Lang sighed. "If only all boys were like you and Master Sehun." Luhan blushed. If all boys were like Sehun, Luhan wouldn't know what to do. One Sehun was enough.

"The last time I met him, he was quite emotionless too." Luhan said.

"He'll be coming over tomorrow to discuss the Great Festival Night." Mr. Lang said.

"Ah, really? Just wondering, but what is the purpose of the Great Festival Night?" Luhan asked. Mr. Lang stared at Luhan in shock.

"You don't know?"

"Know what?"

"He's the Mayor's third son." Mr. Lang replied.

"Really?!" Luhan cried. "How come I haven't heard of him before?"

"We don't usually focus much on important people's family members. Mr. Jongin, was quite a shadow. When he was little, he got really sick and so he had to take leave from important festives and all." Mr. Lang explained. "Apparently he had cancer and survived. The day he was confirmed to be healthy was January 13th; the day before his birthday. That boy is lucky."

"Wow..." Luhan then started digging. "So the Grand Festival is in celebration of his survival?"

"Mm, he's an important figure here. He now manages most of the Art Departments around here." Mr. Lang said.

"Wow, isn't he only 14?" Luhan asked.

"He's a very smart boy for his age." Mr. Lang said. "Ah, Luhan, you missed a spot!"

 

"Don't you ever get tired, Mr. Lang?" Luhan asked as they were cleaning up the backyard. It was almost sunset now and Luhan's back was aching from all the bending.

"Yes, but I have to endure." Mr. Lang said.

"Why?" Luhan asked. Mr. Lang went silent and glanced at Luhan a bit.

"Because I had done something wrong in the past and I want to make up to hat person by being by their side. This is the only way I can." Mr. Lang replied.

"That person must've been special." Luhan nodded his head.

"Yeah, that person is." Mr. Lang sighed. Then he got up and straightened up his back. "Well, I have to move on to my next job. Will you be alright, Luhan?"

"I'm not a girl, Mr. Lang." Luhan smiled.

"You look like one and that's why I worry." Mr. Lang joked and Luhan flicked dirt at him in a playful manner.

"Go!" Luhan said and Mr. Lang walked away with a wave.

After that, Luhan continued to work diligently, ignoring the pain in his back by singing songs. He whistled some, hummed a few and sang the ones he knew the lyrics to. 

"Ah~" Luhan groaned when he had to bend again. He suddenly heard footsteps behind him. "Are you still here, Mr. Lang?" Luhan then got up and went to face the intruder, when he got a shock. Sehun was standing there, his hands in his pockets and he was blushing. 

"Ah...I came out to see...you." Sehun said slowly. Luhan smiled.

"Thank you, Master. You should go inside. It's getting cold." Luhan said. Then when he turned around to pick something up, he felt arms snake around his wasit, making him freeze.

"Then I'll hold onto you." Sehun whispered, nuzzling his face into Luhan's neck. Luhan gently moved away.

"Master...not here." Luhan said and motioned towards the house, which had many windows facing them. Sehun nodded his head in agreement.

"I understand." Sehun said. Then he grabbed Luhan's wrist and suddenly pulled him towards the shed. Sehun took him behind, where they were free from prying eyes. 

"M-Master! I'm working!" Luhan cried.

"I know, but rest for a bit." Sehun said, his eyes no longer looking at Luhan's, but now at his lips. Luhan gulped a bit. Sehun drew close and Luhan shut his eyes quickly. He didn't want to look at Sehun's face as it got closer. He waited...and waited...and waited. Nothing. Soon, he felt something poke his eyes.

"Master?" Luhan murmured. Then he opened his eyes and Sehun smiled.

"Look at me when I kiss you." Sehun smiled with innocence. Luhan turned red everywhere and started to fiddle with his fingers.

"Y-Yes..." Luhan replied. Then he turned his head up to look at Sehun's eyes. Big mistake. The moment he looked into them, a cage seemed to drop on him. He tried to run and move his eyes way, but the cage kept him there. Sehun's eyes were so alluring. Then Sehun closed the gap between them and pressed their lips together. Even though Sehun had told him to keep his eyes open, Luhan closed his eyes in pleasure and moaned slightly into the kiss. He'd blush whenever he'd moan, because then he'd feel Sehun's smirk on his lips.

"Mm..." Sehun mumbled as he pressed harder. His hands slowly made their way down to Luhan's waist and gripped them tightly. Luhan felt the hands on his waist and he got a tingly feeling. He had to grab onto Sehun's arms to stabilise himself or else he'd fall.

"Ah...M-Master..." Luhan moaned when Sehun suddenly moved his lips away and started kiss the older's jaw. He planted, soft chaste kisses, that seemed to burn into Luhan's skin, leaving him to reminisce over them for a long time. Both of the boys felt like their bodies were on fire, burning with passion for each other's touch. Even though Luhan didn't touch Sehun much, Sehun like the feel of Luhan's hands on his arms, like as if he was depending on him.

"I think you should go back to work now." Sehun said, suddenly pulling away. Luhan's mouth dropped open a bit as Sehun just departed. Aish! He left me like this...why is it so hot? I swear it's 16 degrees out here, Luhan thought as he fanned himself. 

"Must not let him get to me!" Luhan mumbled as he hit himself around the head. Then he looked upa nd shouted loudly, "Master Sehun!" Sehun turned around, already at the door of the house.

"What is it?" Sehun replied.

"Rest well!" Luhan yelled and Sehun gave him the thumbs up, making Luhan swoon a bit at the coolness. I know, mushy, but Luhan liked it. Sehun disappeared into the house and Luhan fanned himself again. "Aish! It's really hot! Must work! Get him off my mind!"

Sehun never left his mind for the rest of the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Haha, I'd just like to express all my gratitude and love to you all. I hadn't updated in months. You should've seen how shocked I was when I posted that last chapter. I had only about 68 subs then. Then I checked again a few months later and

WHABAAAAAAMMMMM!!! 145 subbies!!!! How the fudge did the fudging happen?!

I mean, how the hell did some of you find my story? I hadn't updated in months, but got subscribers...does that make sense. I thought my story would've been forgotten by now.

 

So, I thank you all. Now, onto the comment replies.

 

AdmirarHG - Really? Wow, that's so sweet of you!

Tika_Pyro - Haha, I really don't know when I should make them official. I'll leave that up to fate.

HyoKeyMin11 - Lol. Couldn't find my story? Found it now!