Day 9: Seohyun's Friend

Time Machine

It was a bright Sunday morning. As usual, Taeyang woke up early and started the day with a refreshing work out and a bath. It is something that has been in his mind's system since he don't know when. A health freak, Taeyang usual takes careful precautions to his food and his body's well being and not just that... it seems that his health consciousnes even reaches to those close to him. Jiyong would whine when Taeyang would nag him about smoking; Seunghyun,although older than Taeyang, receives careful health check from the guy and even accompanies him and Jiyong in the company's gym; Seohyun and Tiffany doesn't even escape his grasps and always nags at them whenever he receives news that they are skipping meals and whenever he notices some loss in their weight.

That's who he is. A personality that everyone loves and treasure. Was he like this even before? That, he doesn't know for sure. After doing his morning routines, Taeyang started making breakfast, scrambled eggs and bacon, energy foods in short. Taeyang took out another box of milk from the fridge and started digging in. As he munches on his morning meal, Taeyang reminisced of his and Jiyong's conversation last night.

"I'll help you in finding a way to talk to her. Hell, I'll even ask Tiffany if she can set you two up in a date if you want to?" Jiyong said. Taeyang looked down to his palms and remembered her fair face. "Can we really do that? I mean she is a rising actress and she have many fans." He said. Jiyong scoffed. "Bro, you are underestimating my human resources... I've got plenty of contacts that obviously can help us." Jiyong said. Taeyang chuckled. "I'm not questioning that, Ji. I know you have plenty of contacts especially celebrities and managers because of Hyun Suk-hyung's club. You're a co-owner there and also met plenty. I'm just concerned if it is possible for us to do that without inciting suspicion." Taeyang said. "You worry too much, Tae. That'll get you old earlier, you know." Jiyong laughed. "I'll help you, that's for sure. I'll start asking my nuthang crew and some celebrity friends tomorrow. I'll inform you at once." Jiyong said.

"I could ask Seohyun as well... right? They're friends anyway." Taeyang thought as he went to his closet and wore a black sweater atop his white wife beater. He took out a black baseball cap as well and wore it backwards, diagonally tilted to the side. A style he is fond of since... he don't know as well. Taeyang went to his piano and lifted the key cover exposing the ivory keys and ebony minor keys. An opened music score book is already placed at the score sheet holder of the piano. He decided to continue making the new song that he and Seohyun will perform. But he was having a songwriter's block leaving him staring blankly at the score sheet. Taeyang leaned his hand to the side of the score sheet platform and leaned down his head. He closed his eyes and sighed.

Then it came...

Her face as pretty as the flowers in a flower field. Her eyes as bright and calm as the sky. Her smile as innocent as a child's. Her skin as white as milk and as elegant as an ivory. He opened his eyes and looked up. Just thinking of her always give him that effect. He felt his heart cry, longing for the part that is missing in him. The incompleteness inside of him. Despite his warm and peaceful life, a longing that lingers in a deep space n his hear. He stood up straight and massaged his fingers... slowly, he placed his fingers atop the piano keys...

Then it came... the melody... this time it exudes elegance and innocence in a warmer yet still softer tune. It fitted perfectly with the one he already started, his fingers danced elegantly at the stage of the piano keys and the tunes as if b in life, filled the room. Boss, who was left asleep at his room, even came out and went to his side just to sleep again as if being cradled by the melody of Taeyang's piano play. Every finished chords, Taeyang wrote on his music sheet until he finished almost half-way. He smiled, glad that the tune came well with the emotions he felt. He stood up and took the paper sheet and placed it to the backpack. After preparing a whole day meal for Boss, Taeyang went to the door. Boss follows behind him with its tail waggling and barking as if sending him a 'goodbye and take care' message. Taeyang smiled and petted Boss. "I'll go for a while ok? Be a good boy." He said smiling and was answered by an excited bark before he finally left.

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyang went his way towards the SM building where he and Seohyun will have their practice. Since Seohyun is busy and cannot leave the company training room, Taeyang decided to come by and visit there and let her hear the arrangement he made. He made his way to the building with his hands in his pockets. As he walks the streets, he kept on thinking. "Seohyun and YoonA are from SM Entertainment right? What if...?" He trailed off almost passing by the entrance of the place where he intends to go. "Taeyang-oppa!!!" He must have completely passed by the place if not for a voice that reached his ears. He snapped back and turned around to see Hyoyeon approaching her with a smile.

"Hyo!! Annyoung, how are you!!" He greeted smiling brightly. Hyoyeon reached up to him and bowed. "I'm fine, Oppa. Where are you going? You seem to be spacing out earlier? I've been calling you for five times already." She said. Taeyang scratched his nape wearing a timid smile. "I did? Haha I'm sorry. I'm on my way to the SM training building? Hyo, you're working at SM right? do you know the place?" He asked.

Hyoyeon eyed him. "Oppa... you just passed by the building?" She turned and pointed at the flesh painted building. "Oh..." Taeyang said eyeing the building. A few moments passed before they both shared laughter. "What are you going to do at the training building by the way? Why are you suddenly visiting here?" She asked as they started to walk back to the building. "I'm going to see, Seohyun, since she asked me to help her with her school project..." Taeyang said. "Really? They're here since 7 am, I think. We've been practicing a new routine for their comeback. We're on break and yeah, she is at the music room." She said. "Here... just go upstairs to the third floor, first room on the right." She said.

"Thanks, Hyo. I might have been lost if not for you. I owe you one." He smiled. Hyoyeon giggled. "You're always the spacing out oppa I know. It's cute anyway and that's no problem. I'll go now, I have to do some dance practice at the hiphop school I'm teaching in. Bye!!" Hyoyeon waved and gave Taeyang a light hug before she went off. Taeyang smiled and waved as well. "Take care and thanks again!!" He said waiting for Hyoyeon to reach further before entering the building. He sighed, this is his first time visiting a different company building. "Ok... third floor, first room on the right." He said and went to the spiral stairway.

Finally, he reached the said room and the piano play from inside gave him the assurance. As he reached for the door to knock, he heard chatterings. "Taeyeon-Sshi and Tiffany must be there as well." He said and knocked on the door lightly. "Coming!!!" A timid voice echoed and he knew right then that it is Seohyun, since he texted her earlier when he arrived. The door creaked open as the knob turned and was pulled inwards letting a head to pop out in the open space. "Oppa!!" Seohyun's eye brightened as she pulled the door completely. "Come in, oppa!! Taeyeon-unnie, Tiffany-unnie and Manager-oppa are here." She said as she urges Taeyang to enter.

"Taeyang-oppa!!!" Tiffany greeted with a wave, as Taeyang entered shyly and bowed to all of them, and gave him a light hug. Taeyeon smiled awkwardly, since she is the least close to Taeyang, and bowed. Taeyang bowed as well. "By the way, oppa, this is Taeyeon-unnie. She haven't met you formally yet, right?" Seohyun asked. Taeyeon nodded . "Nice to meet you, Taeyeon-sshi." Taeyang greeted with a bow. "Same here, Taeyang-oppa. Don't be too formal, I feel awkward." Taeyeon laughed as Tiffany and Seohyun giggled.  Taeyang smiled acknowledging Taeyeon's request then turned to greet the manager who was smiling at him.

"Come, oppa!!! The piano has been set. I wanna here your piece!!" Seohyun said dragging Taeyang, esxcitedly, to the grand piano. "Seohyun-ah, don't be too hasty... have you eaten yet, oppa?" Tiffany asked. "We have some kimbap here, Taeyeon made it." She said. "I did but I'll try it later, looks good." Taeyang appreciated causing Taeyeon to blush. "Not really... I feel nervous all of a sudden... aigoo..." She said and they all laughed. "I wanna hear the piece too, Taeyang. Seohyun's been bragging about it since Friday." Seohyun's manager said. "Oppa!!" Seohyun whined childishly. "Yeah!! She's been continuously telling us about this so I'm very curious." Taeyeon followed. Tiffany nodded and looked at Taeyeon. "He's really a good pianist. His plays are magical if that's possible!!" Tiffany added. Taeyang chuckled. "Thank you." He bowed humbly. "Let's go, oppa!!! I wanna hear the piece!!!" Seohyun ushered Taeyang to sit in front of the piano.

"Relax, Hyunnie." Taeyang laughed as he opened his backpack and took out a musical sheet then placed it to the sheet platform. Seohyun went to the nearest couch as Taeyeon and Tiffany followed and sat beside her. The manager stood up behind the couch, eager to listen as well. "I haven't finished polishing it yet but I hope you'll like this." Taeyang turned to Seohyun, who nodded eagerly, and face the piano again. He sighed and placed his fingers on the ivory keys.

Slowly, his fingers began to hit the chords initiating a melody to carefully check if the keys are well tuned... finally, after a group of irregular but well played melodies, Taeyang started playing the piece. A mellow but warm tune started filling the room and reaching four set of ears. Taeyang closed his eyes and the only first thing that showed in his mind is her face. The melody began to form and the emotions began to surge along the flowing music. Taeyeon felt a tug on her heart and as if the music is a lullaby, she felt warm in her chest... a relaxing warm song. She have never heard nor felt such a thing before. Even the manager was too focused on the song that it seems to lessen, rather, lift off the stresses in his mind.

The music came and lingered for a few 3 minutes before it slowly faded in an elegant way as Taeyang's fingers masterfully and softly touches the keys until itthe sounds completely dissipated. "Wahh..." Was all Taeyeon could muster. Seohyun clapped cheerfully followed by the three. "I never heard such a beautiful piece before. It's so warm and soft... it made me feel relaxed." Tiffany said clutching her chest and smiling. "You're so great, oppa!! No wonder I'm so proud of you!!!" Seohyun said. Taeyang smiled and bowed whilst scratching his nape. "Thanks..." He chuckled.

"Anyway, Seohyun you should start practicing now and you'll need to come home before 7 pm ok? I'll pick you up later." The manager said. Taeyeon and Tiffany nodded. "I understand, oppa." Seohyun smiled. Seohyun's manager then turned to Taeyang sand smiled. "You're really good, Taeyang-sshi. That's why I'm a fan of your music." He said. "Please take care of Seohyun ok? I'll come back later to pick her up." He said. Taeyang nodded. "I will, hyung... Thank you." He said and smiled.

Seohyun's manager, Taeyeon and Tiffany, finally, said their goodbyes and left, leaving Seohyun and Taeyang to practice alone. Taeyang looked at Seohyun. "So let's go? By the way, I have something to ask to you too." He said with a smile. "Sure, oppa!!! Anything!!" Seohyun said as they both went to the piano to start practicing.

 

 

 

 

 

YoonA exited her van and wore her jacket's hood as she head towards SM's practice room. It was already afternoon and the sun is already setting. She has scheduled a practice for the script reading for the first filming of her drama. She, accompanied by Seungri, went through the backdoor since there are fans already gathering outside. Mainly, TTS fans and the front entrance is somewhat crowded. She lowered her hood as she enters the backdoor and went straight to the music room. She was about to turn to the second floor's music room when she heard a familiar voice.

"Oppa, thanks for coming all the way here, ok? I'm sorry to bother you so much... I'll make it up to you after the concert, I promise that!!" Seohyun said with a smile. She turned her head and noticed Seohyun in the hallways of the first floor talking to someone she cannot recognize since he is being blocked by Seohyun.  YoonA smiled, glad to see Seohyun, and decided to just greet her later and introduce her to Seungri. She head on towards the first room on the second floor's hallway. As she and Seungri enters the room, she stopped dead to her tracks when a voice hit her ears.

"I'll see you then Seohyun. Take care always and don't skip meals." The mellow voice said. Her eyes widened, shocked, as she slowly turns around. Seungri, who was entering after her, saw her expression and was surprised. "YoonA? What's wrong?" He asked. YoonA didn't answer but what she did next surprised him.

"YoonA, take care of yourself and don't you dare skip meals ok? I want you to be healthy and strong. See you."

The same exact voice resonated in her mind and her body automatically moved on its own. She pushed the door of the room and rushed out, walking briskly and then running. "YoonA!!!" Seungri cried as he follows but it looks like something possessed YoonA that her once tired body became aggressive and strong that her walking pace is fast. YoonA started in a brisk pace and slowly gaining speed until she was at a running's pace. "Youngbae-oppa... Youngbae-oppa!!!" She cried as tears began to form. She hurried to the stairs and rushed passing by Seohyun who was about to head upstairs. "Unnie!? YoonA-unnie!!! Where are you going!!??" Seohyun was surprised to see YoonA acting strange as she hurriedly pass by her and continued running towards the door. She immediately followed but was halted by the guards when the fans started to crowd once they saw a glimpse of YoonA running. She stopped, surprised, as the fans blocked her way, screaming and cheering for her. She stretched her head to see only a small sea of crowd and no sign of YoonA.

YoonA dashed hurriedly, as her eyes wander to distances scanning for the guy whom the voice came from. "Youngbae-oppa!? Where are you!!? Youngbae-oppa!!!" She cried and cried looking at every passing stranger not minding if whether she is recognized or what. She halted, for a while, as she huffed and saw a very familiar guy walking further away, carrying a backpack; and wearing a black sweater and black tilted baseball cap. The way he dressed is very familiar as well. But she didn't care... if it was Youngbae-oppa then she would 'nt think twice to run after him. "Youngbae-oppa!!! YOUNGBAE-OPPA!!!" YoonA cried as she run after the guy, who stopped at the bus stop and hurriedly rode a leaving bus heading further ahead. 

She doubled her pace, not caring if she is tired or not. "OPPA!!!!" But the bus is far now and she cannot run anymore. Her knees gave in and she kneeled, eyeing the bus as it disappears to the wilderness. Tears began falling as she lean towards the ground, crying like a little girl, lost and afraid. "Youngbae-oppa!!! Oppa..." She cried and cried as she look back ahead to see vehicles and saw no signs of the bus he rode. "No... Oppa!!!" She cried at the top of her lungs not minding if the passers by look at her as if she's a crazy girl.

"YoonA!!!" Seungri appeared from behind her and enveloped her to a hug. YoonA hugged Seungri back and cried at his chest. "Why!!?? I can't leave without him!!!" She hit Seungri's chest softly as her strength finally weakens... "Sshhh... YoonA... I'm here..." Seungri said feeling the grief that YoonA bears. "I finally found him... but why does he have to disappear again... why!? Why!?" She said. Seungri remained silent, letting YoonA pour out her emotions. He knows how she feels, even if she tries to hide it. He's been there with her for long to not see and know her agony and loneliness.

"I can't bear to lose him anymore... I can't live without him..." She cried, her voice cracking as tears stream down her cheeks...

 

 

~To be Continued~

A/N:
Another update :)
this time, this is what I had in my earphones while writing..