Day 4: At a Hand's Reach

Time Machine

YoonA rushed outside her room surprising Jessica who immediately followed her. "What's happening here!?" The professor yelled. Jessica turned to the professor and bowed. "S-She's just having s-some stomach ache I'll go after her, songsaengnim." She said apologetically and followed suit. YoonA pushed the door and looked to her left and right. The sound is still alive but faint and difficult to locate.

"YoonA!? What's the matter?" Jessica asked as she approaches YoonA. "The music. I know that music." She said not bothering to look at her companion and just continued to apprehensively find the location where it came from. Deciding based on instinct, YoonA rushed to the left hallway and continued on with Jessica following closely. "We're in the middle of class, YoonA. You can't just leave like that!!" Jessica said but again was ignored by the anxious girl. YoonA kept on walking further until the sound became a bit louder telling her that she is heading to the right path. Hope began to grow and her heart began to beat faster. "In the music room upstairs...!!" She uttered before heading straight to the nearby stairway.

"What's happening to her!?" Jessica whined as she followed YoonA whom she saw taking the stairway to the music department. Jessica, dumbfounded, sighed and followed patiently. "I'm gonna be dead, seriously." She said under her breath.

The sound is fading... indicating that it is near its end and more so the merciless bloom of false hope and disappointment. YoonA knew it but she still held her resolve. She knows that only one person and no one else know that song besides her. She was there when it was first played. She saw how he played it and felt its elegant solemnity. She hurried and walked forward along the first hallway her eyes see. As long as the smusic is alive she knows that she will find him. She continued walking the hallways peeking at every classroom door that she passes by... but to no avail.

She stopped as the melody died slowly and was drowned by the noise of those who were around. It ended... she lost her chance. She huffed and huffed as she rested her arms to her knees. "YoonA!!!" Jessica finally reached her as she was panting as well. "Where are you going!? What's happening?" She asked. "It's gone... but I must be near... It must be somewhere here!!!" She persevered and continued on. 

Applauses clouded the fading melody as Taeyang finishes his piece with a soft push through the keys. The song piece seems to have touched everyone's heart for some ended up with welled eyes and some with those seemingly proud and amazed expression. Seohyun smiled and was glad to see how he was appreciated by the crowd... even their professor was speechless with the one time magical performance.

It was Taeyang's magic... a magic that sprouts whenever his finger dances along the keys of the piano. Maybe all pianist have those but something more is different. It's as if Taeyang's feelings flowed through the music that the piano sang. Seohyun knew of this for she was never different the moment she first heard him play. Only that she cried loudly as if she experienced a tragedy which she didn't. She applauded together with the Professor as Taeyang stood up and turned to address his audience and bow humbly. A kind gesture every musician should possess as appreciation for the love from the audience.

After bowing Taeyang approaches Seohyun who wore a proud dongsaeng smile. "Oppa!! Good job!!!" She complimented happily as Taeyang shyly scratched his nape. "Haha thanks." He said. "That was great Taeyang-sshi... you're piano play is very emotional and enchanted. I was moved by your piece." The Professor said as he stretches his hand. Taeyang smiled and bowed accepting his gesture humbly. "Thank you, Maestro." He replied.

The two returned to their seats as the music professor began the explanations of the event. "It will be held nat the end of this month during the University 's foundation week. Our music department usually holds concerts for you students to develop and be able to share your talent to others. I will inform you of the details at a sooner day and how we will hold it. As for now I am very impressed with all of your pieces and talents. Today's class ends now and see you tomorrow students." Everyone stood up and bowed as the Professor responded as well and everyone dispersed away.

"So it's at the end of this month? Then we still have two weeks left..." Taeyang thought as they starts to walk to the door. Seohyun nodded. "We better prepare well, Oppa." She said. "Taeyang-sshi!!" Suddenly, they heard a familiar voice calling him. Taeyang and Seohyun turned around and saw Seohyun's professor approaching them. "Songsaengnim, what is it?" Seohyun asked. "Well, I actually wanted to ask you something... mainly to Taeyang-sshi." The professor turned to Taeyang. Taeyang and Seohyun looked at each other. "I guess I'll leave the two of you for now then." Seohyun smiled to Taeyang and then bowed to the professor. "I'll wait outside, oppa." She said and head on. Taeyang nodded and watched Seohyun walk away as he finally turns back to the professor.

 

 

 

 

 

YoonA kept on walking and searching amidst the disappearance of the tune. She is desperate to know where it came from. She may be able to see him again. She has hopes that he is still in the same place as her. She is sure, she knows that he is the only one who plays with that kind of feel. Minutes came and went but still to no avail... none until she saw a group of people exiting a room accompanied with loud chatters. Among those crowd, she saw Seohyun, her labelmate and friend.

"Seohyun!!!" She called her. Seohyun turned to her side and saw YoonA approaching. "YoonA-unnie!! What are you doing here? Don't you have classes this time?" She asked curiously as she approaches YoonA as well. "Well I have but... I...' YoonA was silenced as she thought about how childish and rude it maybe if she becomes direct to the point and ask her who played the music or if she even heard anything. She have to sound like she is not desperate but just plain curious. 

"Seohyun-ah... Did you hear any sound or music earlier? I heard a piano play earlier and thought I heard it before. I was just curious so I came here." She tried not to sound anxious or show any signs of desperation. Seohyun looked at her and nodded. Hopes began to grow as she saw Seohyun agreed. "Did you know where it came from?" She asked. "It actually came from our room here, unnie... a friend of mine is a piano player and was asked by our professor to play a piece... why, unnie?" Seohyun asked, obviously oblivious. YoonA smiled. "I am curious since the tune is very familiar... is your friend here? Can I meet him?" She asked. Seohyun smiled. "Of course, unnie!! Taeyang-oppa is actually inside talking to our professor." She said.

"Really!! That's great!!" YoonA said delighted and hopeful. "YoonA!!!" Just then, YoonA was surprised for she remembered that she has a companion earlier. She turned around and saw Jessica approaching her. "I thought I got lost... I was looking for you when you suddenly disappeared." She said huffing. "Mianhe, Jessica." She said apologetically. "We have to go back now, YoonA. The professor will be furious." Jessica said after finally managing to catch her breaths.

YoonA then remembered that she had been long gone from class. She never wanted to cut-classes but she was just distracted and as if called out by the sound that she mindlessly and rudely stormed out to find its source. Seohyun and Jessica looked at each other. "Hi... my name is Jessica... I'm new here." Jessica, being the bright sweet girl that she is, greeted with a charming smile. Seohyun smiled and bowed. "Hello, Jessica-sshi, my name is Seohyun. By the way you're using an english name which means..." Jessica nodded. "Yes, I came from California... I just moved here about three days ago." She smiled. Seohyun nodded in understanding

"Let's go, YoonA... we still have an activity in class." Jessica urged. As much as she doesn't want to, YoonA cannot say no, skipping class is never in her vocabulary especially the class of her favorite professor. With a sigh she nodded. "Don't worry, unnie. I'll have you meet him next time. You should come and watch the music department's concert at the University foundation week. We will both play there." Seohyun encouraged after seeing YoonA's face fell. YoonA turned to Seohyun and smiled. "I guess so... I hope I don't have any schedules by that time. I'll see you then." She said hesistantly as Jessica holds her arm. "We'll go now, Seohyun-sshi. See you!!" Jessica said as they went on. Seohyun waved at them and noticed how YoonA kept on looking back to her with a set of sad eyes... longing eyes. 

Soon after Taeyang came out of the room along the professor and they both bid farewell. "Oppa. I'm hungry... let's go eat at the cafeteria, I have something to tell you." Seohyun excitedly said as she grabs Taeyang's arms and dragged him along. "Woah, easy there Hyunnie. Hahaha!!!" He chuckled as he lets himself be dragged by his dongsaeng.

YoonA's class finally came to an end. Though the whole class had fun with the activity, YoonA's mind was else where. She was pondering about the tune and cannot help but grow more curious as to whom played it well. Only Youngbae can play it like that. She is now walking towards the track field and sat on a bench, waiting for Seungri to come and pick her up. As she watches the student athletes practice in the sports field, her mind was brought else where by the cool and strong winds.

"We have sent rescue teams to search the areas surrounding the accident. We are very sorry and we'll contact you if we found anything..." Was all she heard from the police officer as she looks at the site of the accident. Youngbae's car is lying wrecked and lifeless among the trees standing at the slopes of the mountain side highway. The car and his belongings were there but not his presence. Some saw blood trailings to the lower part and started following it.

Seungri was beside YoonA the whole time, ready for anything that might happen to the girl. YoonA was quiet but not because she's calm... it was because she's too overwhelmed and devastated that her mind went blank as if to oblivion. Her eyes kept tearing as she tightly grabs Seungri coat that was draped around her shoulder.

"Say... Why don't we go on a vacation? Just the two of us?" She remembered his words that time before this all happened. His smile... the last live smile that she saw before this tragedy. She began to sob... harder and harder as grief began to accumulate in her body. Seungri hugged her as she cried hysterically, finally showing life back into her once blank state. "OPPA!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!!??" She called and called.

It was two years then and until now... no good news came... she is still left hanging by the thin thread of hope to an almost impossible dream. Not until she heard the tune earlier that her hope began to thicken and strengthen. She closed her eyes, squeezing the tears at the corners of her orbs as she feels the solemnity of the winds and the mild silence of the environment.

"I have to go now, Seohyun... I'll still prepare the new song tomorrow. I'll have to pass it to my senior composer for approval." Taeyang said as he looks at the younger girl. " Ok, Oppa. I'll stay and wait for my manager here, oppa. He called me earlier and said that he will pick me up." Seohyun replied. "Ok... I'll go now... take care on your way." Taeyang smiled and ruffled the girl's hair. Seohyun giggled and waved. "Take care, oppa. See you on Sunday." She said. Taeyang nodded and head on leaving Seohyun who went the opposite way towards the library to waste time before her manager arrives. 

Taeyang walked the path and saw the track field where students practice on sports and everything. The winds are cool and strong and it gave ease onto his mind. He has his hands in his pockets as he walks by the series of benches. As he walks further, his eyes were caught by this lonely girl that sits silently on one of the benches. She was all alone. He eyed her from behind as he passes by and concluded that she might be relaxing and need time for her own. He decided to continue on.

YoonA felt a presence passing by behind her but she didn't cared much... but somehow she felt curious. She looked at the bracelet in her wrist then as if suddenly moving on its own, her head turned to the presence and saw a man, his hands in his pockets, walking away with his back facing her. She watched the man as he fades to the far away horizon and suddenly felt her heart swell. He has a lonely aura... just like her...

 

~To be Continued~

 

A/N

Another long and fast update ^^ hope you like this... sorry for crushing your hopes :)

I just felt it's too early for them to meet~