Day 15: Her Decision

Time Machine

YoonA contemplated on what Geun Suk said. She knew something was wrong and she is not that naive to not notice it. "I've been eyeing you for quite some time, you know. I was actually allured by your acting performance and the way you carry yourself is amusing." Geun Suk commented, eyeing YoonA with a grin. "I'm not forcing you though. Maybe I'll get your answer once our filming starts, that is if you aren't someone else's already." He smirked and turned around leaving with a wave. "See you on monday." He said without looking at her.

YoonA stayed rooted on the ground, eyeing Geun Suk as his figure blends with the forming crowd of students. Never did she experienced this kind of dilemma before. She knew that her heart belongs to Young Bae but with their current situation now, she isn't confident anymore.

Sadly, as much as she wants to think that they are only friends, YoonA grew jealous after seeing how close Seohyun and Young Bae is. She remembered how they were like them before. "Young Bae-oppa... what should I do?" She mumbled to herself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oppa, are you ok?" Seohyun noticed Taeyang spacing out for quite a while ever since they started practicing. Taeyang jerked upon feeling a poke on his arm. "Oh! Sorry, Hyunnie, I was thinking of something." He chuckled guiltly, shifting himself to the piano. Seohyun eyed him with worry but decided to dismiss it knowing how Taeyang is always in deep thought.

"Let's try again, Hyunnie, starting from the bridge." He smiled urging the younger girl to continue. He was too preoccupied with seeing YoonA and this unknown guy earlier. "Are they really that close? Why do I even care? It's not like there something between them right? Why am I being hopeful with some thing?" Questions roamed his mind as he teaches Seohyun the piece that he made for their recital this coming foundation day.

It took them two hours and a half to finish their practice and with that, decided to call it a day. Seohyun still has a schedule with her TTS group later that day and plenty of recordings for their coming comeback album. "Oppa, I'll go first now, Manager Minhyun-oppa is waiting for me at the lobby already, we have to rush since my unnies are already at the filming. See you again!!!" Seohyun smiled waving and left running away. Taeyang smiled and yelled, "Take care and good luck!!!" eyeing the young girl as she descends towards the stairs leading to the University's lobby.

He stayed there for quite a while before sighing and continuing on still with the thoughts of YoonA and the guy and a strange feeling still lingering in his chest. He was too preoccupied that he didn't noticed someone and they both bumped to each other. Taeyang flinched a bit but didn't mind and instead took his attention to the person he bumped, for the second time of the day. "I'm sorry are you al--" His tongue got stuck at the presence of the person he was thinking. "Young Bae-oppa?" YoonA looked up and took Taeyang's hand. "I'm sorry, Yoona, I-I didn't see you there. Here." Taeyang lifted her up and picked up her belongings.

YoonA began dusting her clothes as Taeyang stands up and smiled at him as he gives her belongings back. His smile, she noted that adorable bright smile from him and felt a blush coming to her cheeks. They both stayed there, quiet for some time.

"You don't have any schedule?" Taeyang finally mustered after what it seems like hours of awkwardness. YoonA looked at him and nodded. "I'm free for the day, oppa. How about you? How's you practice with Seohyun?" She asked ignoring the strange pang in her chest the moment she brought up the question. "We just finished practicing. She has a schedule to attend and went ahead. You have classes?" Taeyang asked as they began walking the hallways. "Not exactly, I just have to pass some requirement to my professor since I will be busy next week." YoonA said.

The moment of awkward silence returned.

"By the way..."

"Oppa..."

They both looked towards each other and spoke at the same time causing them to stop midway. It was actually an amusing thing and it caused giggles from them, slowly crumbling the steady awkward hemisphere. "Wanna have some coffee, YoonA? I love hanging out the cafe in here." Taeyang mustered. YoonA smiled. "I was about to say that too, oppa. Sure, let's go." She said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

They stayed at the cafe and savored the moment together, laughing and telling stories regarding their personal live while enjoying a warm drink of tea and coffee. "You know, it really is surreal the we are actually closer than we think. Our connections are actually much closer." Taeyang smiled. YoonA nodded as she carefully takes a sip of her tea. This seems to have caused a minute of comfortable silence in between them. YoonA stared at Taeyang, noting how he remained the same. "It seems like faith is really a playful force giving off plenty of surprises without us knowing." Taeyang commented with a smile. His eyes turning into inverted crescents. YoonA admired his smile as how she has always been. Seeing him in front of her gave her an assurance that God never really left her side.

"By the way, YoonA... I just want to ask something." Taeyang shifted his seat and looked at YoonA. Nervousness evident in his eyes as he gazes down to his coffee. "Yes, oppa?" YoonA asked invested on what Taeyang has in mind. "I-I don't mean to pry or something but... who is the guy with you earlier? Are you guys... you know..." Taeyang seems to struggle muttering the words.

At first, YoonA didn't seem to connect with what he wants to say but immediately got a grip of his curious question. "Oh, the guy earlier is Jang Geun Suk-sunbaenim, he is also an actor and he is my partner for the upcoming drama." YoonA stated feeling the same predicament she felt earlier that she thought she had already forgotten. "We aren't dating but he is asking me out." She decided to be true. She always knew that Young Bae hates liars and they both promised to be true to each other and until now, she is still honoring that promise.

YoonA's answer seems to tug a hint of heaviness in Taeyang's heart, though he don't know why. "So are you..." He said afraid to finish his question. YoonA looked at him for a while, contemplating on the answer before the man she vowed to love. Torture seems to form as Taeyang unconsciously dreads for YoonA's answer. "Why am I feeling this way?" He thought to himself. "Y-you know what? I'm sorry for prying in too much. I know I'm not in the position to... y-you don't have to answer my question." Taeyang flashed a guilty smile. YoonA stared at him and unknowingly a smile formed to her as she saw Taeyang's adorable guilty look. "As for now? I don't know... I don't plan on dating anyone else. My heart has always been with that one person I have been searching for this time. And I know that this person will always be someone who will have my heart, eternally." YoonA stated content with her answer and stared at the man's face. Her answer was somehow a vague but direct message and silently, she hopes that it will reached Taeyang.

Taeyang smiled mysteriously relieved but somehow uneasiness came, still. "So she already belongs to someone, huh?" He thought.

~To be Continued~

 

A/N:

Hi, sorry for the super duper late update... apparently, I have no internet connection at home for now (because we just moved in to a knew place and still haven't done doing the finishing touches)  I actually did the update from my office (which is not allowed) so... hehe *awkward laugh*, I might make some readjustments at a later time. Thanks for patiently waiting. :))