Day 6: Deep Feelings

Time Machine

"I think it's somewhere in this floor... if I remember..." Jiyong said as they arrive at the hallway of the third floor. "Thank you, very much for helping me." The girl smiled and bowed. Jiyong laughed bashfully whilst scratching his nape. "No worries... by the way, may I know your name?" He finally managed to ask. "Oh!! I'm sorry if I haven't introduced myself since earlier. My name is Jessica." The girl, Jessica, said. "H-Hi Jessica, such a fine name." Jiyong said with a toothy smile. "I'm Jiyong." Jiyong held up his hand. Jessica giggled and accepted the handshake. "Wow... her hand is smooth..." Jiyong thought dumbly as he looks at the girl's hand. "Jiyong-sshi?" Jessica asked noticing that Jiyong is out of himself again and doesn't let go of her hand. Startled, Jiyong immediately let go and smiled awkwardly. "I-I'm very sorry... I-I was just mesmerized..." He trailed off not noticing the bold statement he just made. Jessica giggled. "You're funny, Jiyong-sshi..." She complemented. Jiyong looked at Jessica and gave her a wide grin, as if he just won his first school award. "Ahaha!! I'm kinda like this really and you don't have to be too formal. Just be comfortable with me and I hope we can be friends." He said.

Jessica smiled and went ahead leaving Jiyong with an unanswered proposal. Jiyong eyed her as she turns around wearing her charming smile. "Of course... Jiyong-oppa. I'm definitely good with that." She said. "You see, I have few friends here since I just migrated here from the U.S. so... I'm very glad to have great friends, especially weird but cute ones." She winked and this caused a sudden storm to rumble all of Jiyong's thoughts leaving him speechless and further mesmerized. "Let's go!!!" She said. "O-Oh!! Yeah..." Jiyong said and followed suit with a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyang rested his back to the bench as he massages his nape. "What are these things that I'm seeing!?" He said and took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. "Are these hallucinations? Or better yet..." Just then Taeyang sighed realizing something. "I almost forgot... I don't remember anything..." He thought. He knew that he is suffering from amnesia... he even knew that the old couple that took care of him aren't really relatives of his... but he hid it from them because he knew that they are very attached to him being their son. "I don't even remember where I came from... what happened to me... who were my family before I lost my memories..." He said bowing down his head. All he knows is that there is a big and long scar in his chest and a smaller one at the back of his head. 

"She isn't my dream girl... she is a fragment of my memory." He finally concluded after pondering much. Most of his memories are either seen through painful flashbacks and most commonly in his dreams. He don't know anything. He wants to. But how to start... he doesn't know. "The girl... if she isn't just a dream then I might be able to meet her." He thought. "I need to find her and talk to her... but how?" He argued to himself. "I can't just go look for her with such vague information. I don't even know how to draw and I don't know her name." He said and sighed feeling the frustration. "This is gonna be hard." He said.

"Excuse me." He heard a familiar voice calling him and he turned around to see Seohyun's music professor greeting him with a smile. "What are you doing here, Taeyang-sshi?" He asked bewildred. Taeyang eyed him and smiled, bowing humbly. "Annyoung Haseyo, Songsaenim." He said.

"So here it is." Jiyong and Jessica stopped at a two-way door with a label of Music and Arts Library hanging atop the entrance. "Thank you very much, Jiyong-oppa!!" Jessica smiled. "Nah... I'm good... by the way, Jessica... M-may I know your number?" Jiyong asked with a bashful smile. Oh! Sure, Oppa. Give me your phone." She said. Jiyong, delighted, immediately fished out his phone from his pocket and gave it to Jessica, who immediately inputted her number. "Is it alright for me to call or text you from time to time?" He asked. Jessica nodded. "I'll wait for your text, oppa. Thank you very much again and see you!!" She said and with a bow, she finally turned to the door and entered giving Jiyong one last smile for the day. Jiyong was left dumbfounded and spaced out. "Wow..." He said and turned to his phone eyeing Jessica's number before saving it to his contacts. "Wow... how lucky can this day be... I guess going out sometimes is really good." Jiyong grinned as he went on to the hallway to go look for his best buddy. "Crap!1 I still have to help Taeyang!!" He cried out and ran.

"I see... so you've been having troubles with yourself lately huh?" The professor, Kim Min Jong, said as he prepares a warm tea for Taeyang while they both stay at his office. "It's really hard whenever you have problems and those biggest ones happen to be conflicts within yourself." He said and went to the coffee table putting down the tray of tea filled cups. "Yeah... it's really quite hard especially when you are suffering from memory loss." Taeyang said. Somehow sharing such thoughts to people whom you have least conversed to, really gave Taeyang quite a good feeling. Sensing Kim Songsaenim's calm and warm smiles help in alleviating his worries. No wonder Seohyun likes this teacher the most in her classes. "Oh... that is a problem... I am no psychologist or a neurologist but I guess the only way to recover from that is to confront it." Kim Songsaenim said as he sat on the chair opposite Taeyang's. Taeyang sighed. "I don't even know if Taeyang is my real name or what. This name I possess now is what my adoptive parents told me." He said. Kim Songsaenim eyed him, he can see trouble in this kid's mind and there is still conflict. He didn't know him well but he felt that through music they both connected and became undeclared friends. He saw the passion in him and he admired it, captivated rather. He is a pure guy with a pure heart. "I don't know but... maybe letting your music be heard by others will help you call out to your past. Music is magical... it has many things that it can give just by listening to it. A sorrowful tune may give someone a depressing tug in the chest or even enlighten someone. It gives a large variety of message and it involves messages from your heart." He smiled as he pointed to Taeyang's chest.

Taeyang smiled, what Kim Songsaenim said is true... music is a magical sanctuary that eases of his mind. Even though he lost all his memories, his passion for music remained the same and realizing it, with Kim Songsaenim's help, maybe it can help him convey his feelings to calling out his past. "You're right." He nodded.

Suddenly, Taeyang felt his phone ring and decided to take it out. Noticing that he recieved a message, Taeyang opened it and smiled. "I guess he got a good outcome." He commented. "So... I'll expect that you'll perform well on the concert? Not that you need to but... seeing you reminds me of my childhood. You're a child of music, even if you don't give it your all... music will give its all for you. But I know that you're not the type to not give your best." Kim Songsaenim said. Taeyang nodded. "Of course... I'll do my best... I don't want to disappoint you and Seohyun and clearly I don't want to disappoint myself. I always wants the best for those that I care for and music is one of it." He said. "So I guess I have to go now. My friend is waiting for me. Thank you so much Kim Songsaenim for this talk and it helped me alot. Your tea is very good as well." Taeyang smiled and bowed. "No problem, Taeyang... I am also glad to meet you... I hope everything goes well for you." They both stood up and Kim Songsaenim accompanied Taeyang to exit his office. "I'll see you then." He said. Taeyang bowed . "Same to you, Songsaenim, ti'll next time." He said and left.

Seeing Taeyang leave, the teacher smiled. "I pray that you find what you're looking for." He mumbled before heading back to his office.

~To be Continued~