Day 7: Kimchi Fried Rice

Time Machine

"J-Ji..." Taeyang mumbled seeing Jiyong spacing out wearing a dumb smile. They were back at Taeyang's dorm where Jiyong decided to stay the night. Jiyong sighed for the ninth time as how Taeyang counted since they arrived, rather, since he met with him. Moments went by taking at least 20 minutes before Jiyong snapped out of his dream world and looked at Taeyang. "So how is it going? Did you find her?" He asked. Taeyang shook his head as he tries to suppress his laughter.

"W-what?" Jiyong asked noticing a slightly cramped up expression of Taeyang. "You alright, bro?" Jiyong asked innocently causing his best friend to finally gave in to his laughter. Taeyang laughed loud as he clutches his stomach in mock pain. "Ji... I never thought you'll be this hooked with Jessica." He said. "H-How did you know her name!?" Jiyong asked surprised and somewhat frustrated. "Jessica... a name that hI heard coming from your mouth for let's say... six times in between your sighs." Taeyang said as he calms down and follows up with his breathing. "Looks like my best friend's been hit hard in there, huh?" Taeyang said poking to Jiyong's chest. Jiyong looked at Taeyang and pouted.

"Don't worry, bro. I can see that she's a fine girl and I can also see that she's interested in you... somehow." Taeyang grinned. "SOMEHOW!? Yah! How cruel can you be, Taeyangie!! Aish...!!" Jiyong groaned in playful annoyance. "But she really did mesmerized me..." He turned to the window door of Taeyang's apartment room and smiled. Taeyang chuckled amused by his friends lovestruck behavior. "Is this what you call... love at first sight." He mumbled.

"ENNGG!!! CHEEESSYYY!!!" Taeyang cried as he stands up to go to the kitchen. "I'll go make kimchi fried rice. I'm starving... you?" He asked. Jiyong looked at him and smiled. "Yo!! Haven't tasted your specialty recipe in a while. I'm in for it!!!" He said. "Says the lovestruck guy!!!" Taeyang continued the teasing. "Y-Yah!!!" Jiyong complained as he follows to the kitchen.

"By the way, how'd you learn how to cook Kimchi Fried Rice like a pro!?" Jiyong's question struck Taeyang dead as he stopped while looking blankly inside his fridge. How did he knew how to cook such a food? Yeah it's easy but... is it one of those things he used to do before he got amnesia? These questions struck his mind and he got lost for a second. "I really love how you cooked Kimchi Fried Rice, I even like it better than my mom's" Jiyong's comments snapped him back to reality.

"I don't know... maybe I'm just that gifted." Taeyang chuckled as he gets all the ingredients he needs especially the kimchi.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You ordered kimchi fried rice?" YoonA asked as Seungri approaches her with a platic bag of Kimchi fried rice in a box and some side dishes. "Yeah... I don't see any other stores open this late so I decided to buy this. This is your favorite right?" He asked as he takes out the containers. YoonA looked at the food as if carefully studying its contents and appearance then looked at Seungri and smiled. "Yep... this is my favorite indeed." She said. "Here and eat well... Kam Shim Jjang won't start in a bit so you need to stuff yourself full." Seungri uttered as he hands the opened box of kimchi fried rice and a pair of chopsticks. YoonA nodded and accepted the food with a humble thank you before she started digging.

"You should eat well, Yoong. You know how busy you are and I don't want to see you skipping meals because of that." Youngbae uttered as he scoops a large amount of kimchi fried rice and puts it towards YoonA's plate. They were at Youngbae's apartment, -where YoonA currently stays-. "But, oppa... I have Seungri to buy me food anyways. Jalmeoksumnida!!" YoonA said as she began eating Youngbae's self-made food. YoonA smiled once the rice touched her tongue and giggled. "Your kimchi fried rice is the best , oppa!! I can keep eating it without complaint!!" YoonA said. Youngbae chuckled as he removes a grain of rice from the side of causing her to blush. "

You can eat it as much as you want. What's important is you go to work full and energized. You keep eating fastfood and it's not always good for your health. So I want you to eat a home-cooked meal even if not as often." Youngbae chuckled. YoonA smiled and nodded. "Thanks, oppa." She said. Youngbae smiled as well. "As long as you're healthy then I am good. Unlike me, you have a more hectic schedule." He said. "Eat up!!!" YoonA nodded and continued eating as Youngbae watches her with a smile on his face.

YoonA took her time in eating the food. It was different, she can't help but compare any kimchi fried rice she eat with Youngbae's and ended up missing his self-made meal. Two year is already a long time but, still, she cannot move on. She knows that he isn't dead and still have her hopes high. She will see him when God permits them too.

"By the way, YoonA... did you know? Geun Suk is asking for your number earlier. I think he has a crush on you. Wow, even the major heartrob of the drama industry falls for your charms huh? How many celebrity fans do you have now?" Seungri said as he continued to munch on the food. YoonA looked at Seungri. "Really? I never thought of that... I don't know but maybe because he will be my leading man for the drama but having a crush..." Seungri smiled, they knew that Jang Geun Suk will be YoonA's partner for their upcoming drama. "Well... even if you're gonna be co-stars, why would he want to be in contact with you if that's the only reason? He's eager..." Seungri said. YoonA just smiled.

Two years, she rejected anything that she knows may result to an intimate relatioships. She humbly refused all the blind dates that Taeyeon, Tiffany and her other friends would set for her. Tiffany was the more persistent one, she kept on selling the same guy to her but she refused it all the time. 'Taeyang' his name is weird and even though Tiffany keeps on telling her how good the guy is, she just can't... she knows that she belongs to someone. He is the only one that she wants to be with. Now that this famous Jang Geun Suk is on the picture, she thought... "Should I give it a try?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyang and Jiyong ate in comfortable silence in the kitchen. Jiyong eats the kimchi fried rice, that he made, as if he didn't ate for such a long time. "You know, Taeyangie *munch* you can make a good husband. *munch* I know your single but... *munch* why don't you try going on dates again or something?" Jiyong said as he chews on the rice. Taeyang looked at Jiyong. "I-I don't know... I guess I'm not ready yet...?" He said.

"You're just too fixated on the girl in your dreams, my friend. I can see that she keeps on lingering on your mind and based on your songs... it's like the both of you are separated for so long." He said. Taeyang kept his quiet demeanor as he looks at the rice. Processing Jiyong's words, he knows that Jiyong is right. He is too focused on the girl in his dreams that he unconsciously pushed himself away from the social-dating world. He was never the type to socialize well from the start but he was never the gloomy one. He is a quiet guy and tends to talk only when talked to especially to those he doesn't know yet. He had tried dates... The famous CF star, Kwon Yuri; Choi Sooyoung, hallyu's most wanted model and also part-time composer; Kim Hyoyeon, A choreographer from SM entertainment and Jiyong's friend... he had dates with them but it all ended up as friends or colleagues. He was, unlike Jiyong, a non-romantic type... or maybe he is just not interested in them the romantic way.

"Maybe... I guess... unless I settled this issue within me... I won't be able to be free to mingle." He said. "Anyway... you planning to date Jessica? She looks interested in you." Taeyang asked changing the topic. Jiyong eyed Taeyang and looked at the ceiling as if thinking. "I guess so... but not now for sure... I don't want to rush things. I mean I tried but I ended up with a slap on my face though..." He said and they both laughed. "So I guess... Seunghyun-hyung is the luckiest of us three huh? Tiffany sure loves him as he loves her." Taeyang said.

Jiyong smiled. "We'll have our own love lives soon. Have faith, bro." He said. Taeyang nodded then looked at the rice he made. He is motivated to confront his issue and he will do it like a man. He nodded assuringly and continued eating his meal.

~To be Continued~