Day 5: The Lone Tree

Time Machine

“You’re just too into your dream girl, that’s all I can see. The good thing is though, thanks to her, you are able to produce good music.” Jiyong, a close friend and workmate, said as he nods along the rhythm of his new upbeat tune. Taeyang turned to him and sighed. “I don’t know if I’m just really into it but…. She really does feel like the girl in my dreams.” He said remembering the moment yesterday back at Chung-an University… the lonely girl that sat in one of the benches just near the track field.

Taeyang, as he rests to the sofa of his friend’s recording studio office, kept thinking about yesterday. Her aura is melancholic and familiar. He saw a captivating light surrounding the girl, as if the elegance of winter surrounds her. He was deeply entranced by her presence. “Sad thing is… you don’t even know her name- wait let me erase that… you don’t even know how she looks like.” Jiyong shook his head as he removes his headphone and turns his office chair to Taeyang.

“You’re right…” Taeyang sighed, for the fifth time. Jiyong smiled and stood up approaching the deeply in thought Taeyang. “You know what… I’ll help you with that.” He said. Taeyang looked at him. “How?” He asked curiously. “Let’s go to the University today. What do you say? I’m free anyways… I’ve finished all the recordings and arrangements of my songs and my new album is half-way into completion. Shooting for my music video won’t happen until let’s say… a week or so?” Jiyong said.

Jiyong, aka: G-Dragon, is a music maker and composer like Taeyang. The difference is… he is also an idol that shined well in the music industry. He is the jewel of their company and for his young age, considered as the richest idol. He is well known for his self-made music and his overwhelmingly glamorous charisma that is well respected and idolized not just in his country but also in the international music market. Despite his popular status though, is a very kind and humble man that never even forgets to appreciate those who have helped him in his path to stardom.

“Are you sure? I mean won’t the students crowd at you? You’re a very popular idol especially to the teens, just to remind you.” Taeyang said. Jiyong chuckled. “Silly… It doesn’t matter as long as we can achieve our goal. I’ll disguise well.” He winked. Taeyang chuckled as well. “Ok… thanks.” He said. Jiyong smiled as he began stretching his back. “Anything for you, man. So let’s go? I wanna hangout anyway and I’m currently bored out so let’s have a stroll!!!” He said and they both stood up and left the recording studio.
 

 

“Seohyun!!!” YoonA called out the young girl as she enters her company’s building. “Unnie!!” Seohyun greeted as she, Tiffany and Taeyeon approaches them. "Annyoung hasey, Taeyeon-unnie, Tiffany-unnie!!" YoonA bowed to the two girls beside Seohyun. "Hi YoonA!!!" Taeyeon smiled and bowed. "How is our favorite actress?" Tiffany greeted with a hand shake.

"I'm fine, unnie-deul." Yoona smiled and appreciated Taeyeon and Tiffany's greetings. "So how's the new project going? it looks like a good one." Taeyeon asked curious. "It's still in the processing phase, unnie... We'll have a meeting regarding that but we still have yet for the script reading and I haven't even met my partner." YoonA answered. "Well care to share us any idea? I'm curious as a fan!!" Tiffany followed. YoonA chuckled. "Well it has something to do with a province girl who wants to be a star then went to the city and everything goes there. It's a romance drama, unnie, but I don't exactly know that details yet." YoonA smiled.

"Wow... I'm sure it's going to be good like your first drama, YoonA. You're a good actress and we are fans." Taeyeon said. Tiffany nodded. "Thank you unnie-deul." YoonA bowed humbly. "Anyway, we have to go now since we have practice later on." Taeyeon said looking at both Tiffany and Seohyun. "YoonA then gasped remembering the reason she called their attention. "Oh, unnie-deul, can I borrow Seohyun for a second? I have something to tell you." YoonA said with a smile then looked at Seohyun. Seohyun, who was quietly fond of the conversation between her unnies, looked at YoonA. "Sure... We'll go on ahead then. See you at the training room, Seohyun. See you YoonA!!" Taeyeon greeted. Tiffany smiled and waved as they both head on towards the elevator.

After seeing the two older girls ride the elevator, Seohyun turned to yoonA. "What is it , unnie?" She said. YoonA looked back at Seohyun with a smile. "Guess, what. I asked Seungri to give me a time-off on the date of the school's foundation festival to watch your performance." YoonA said. "So...? What did your manager said?" Seohyun answered, eager to know. YoonA looked at Seohyun and scratched her chin. "Well as first... he didn't want to since it's a day with plenty of schedules." She answered. "Then?" Seohyun urged. YoonA smiled though confusion is still seen. "I persuaded and it was kinda hard but... when I told him that I am just going to watch you perform... he agreed right away." YoonA giggled. Seohyun tilted her head sideward. "Why is that?" She asked.

"wWell all I know is that Seungri is a fan of TTS but I guess you're his favorite member as I noticed how dreamy he became the moment I said your name. He agreed with a condition though." YoonA said. Seohyun sighed somehow feeling a bit awkward, since she isn't very good with interacting well with fans except for thanking them and bowing to them. "What's the condition, unnie?" Seohyun asked after a few moments of contemplating. "That he will watch you too. So I agreed..." YoonA said. "Oh..." Seohyun said and smiled. "I guess I'll have to perform better then I don't want his efforts to give you a time-off wasted to see a crappy performance from me." She giggled. YoonA chuckled. "You're too worried, Hyunnie, you'll do good!!! Your piano plays are great so I don't see any reasons for you to be worried." YoonA encouraged holding Seohyun's shoulder.

"Thanks, unnie, ganbatte!!!" Seohyun said knowing that both she and YoonA knows how to speak a bit of Nihonggo. "Anyway, I have to go now Seohyun, I still have a meeting with the producers of the drama and you still have a practice session. See yah!!!" YoonA said as she went on towards a hallway near the elevators. "See you, unnie!!!" Seohyun waved and decided to be on her way as well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So here we are... Spot anyone familiar?" Jiyong said as he and Taeyang enters the entrance hall of the University. Taeyang looked around, it is a Saturday morning and hence there are still students lurking in the school. "I guess not..." Taeyang turned to Jiyong wearing an apologetic frown. "We should start looking then... but hey now that I think of it... do you have anything that we can use to identify your mystery girl?" Jiyong asked.

"All I know is that she has this long dark brown hair, reaching a bit to her back and-- damn, Jiyong aren't we sounding like stalkers?" Taeyang hit his forehead the moment he realized what they will attempt to do. They're, rather, Jiyong's disguise isn't a help as well but guess it's natural coming from the fashionista himself. Jiyong sighed. "Well you agreed to this in the first place and who said we're stalking? you're going to greet that girl and talk to her... we are not hiding and following her every steps. Worrywart Taeyang... Aish..." Jiyong said as he hooks his arms to Taeyang's neck. "Let's go!!!" Jiyong urged as he drags Taeyang along. 

"Well this certainly looks troublesome... where should we start by the way?" Jiyong thought suddenly, halting and letting go of Taeyang who removed his arm from his neck. "I don't know her course or anything..." Taeyang said. "Oh..." Jiyong uttered turning to Taeyang but smiled anyway. "Doesn't matter... Let--"

"Excuse me..." A voice, delicate voice, suddenly rang from behind the Jiyongn causing him to turn, Taeyang eyed the owner of the voice as well. They were surprised, however, when a beauty greeted them. Her aura is very captivating and pretty that it left Jiyong and Taeyang speechless. The young beauty smiled and it certainly felt as if an arrow hit someone's chest. "H-hi..." Jiyong said. Taeyang peaked at Jiyong and almost let out a chuckle. "I'm sorry to bother you but... I need some help..." The girl said. Her long hair is tinted with the lightest chestnut and her fair faces exudes the elegance of a white rose. Her expression signifies fragility as if a treasure that is worth the keep. "How may we help you?" Taeyang asked noticing that Jiyong seems to space out which rarely happens especially for a socializing type of person like him. The girl seemed delighted as seen from her more charming smile. "I-I am lost... you see, I need to go to the music and arts library and I can't seem to find my way... I'm just new here." She said.

"I see... Well I guess we can help you... rather..." Taeyang looked at Jiyong who seemed spaced out and gave him a quick nudge ststartling him. "Y-YES!!" Jiyong said unknowingly as he timidly scratches his hair. "Really!? Thank you very much!!!" The girl cheered with a smile that emanates a princess'. Taeyang eyed Jiyong who seems to smile dumbly. "Let's go?" The girl looked at Jiyong and realizing that he isn't following well with the comversation earlier, he uin turn looked at Taeyang. "I think you should accompany her find the library in Music and Arts Department." Taeyang said comfortably. "Wait what?" Jiyong said but was surprised when Taeyang grabbed his arm and motioned her along as the girl moves on with a smile.

"Left stairway, 3rd floor, second door to the left... that's where the library is. Go now." Taeyang said in a quick whisper making sure it registers on Jiyongs mind as he pushes Jiyong towards the girl. "I'll see you around, Ji..." Taeyang said as he moves on with a hidden smile. Jiyong eyed Taeyang and then turned to the girl who looks at him with a kind smile. "Let's go?" The girl asked. Jiyong smiled and nodded. "Ok..." Jiyong answered making sure he remembered what Taeyang said earlier.

Taeyang stopped and turned to watch them as they head on towards the left stairway leading to the Art's Department. Noticing how Jiyong acts and regretful to have drag Jiyong to his personal problems, he was just glad that he can at least help him with something in return. He knew Jiyong is quite the hopeless romantic, all dates ending up to just good acquiantances and no intimate relationships formed aside a few which didn't actually took long nor get well. He hopes that something happens for him, something good  that he will support no matter what.

Taking a halt, Taeyang pondered. "What should I do now?" He said and noticed a small park just outside the main building of the University, so he decided to take a stroll. He continued on and halted in front of a lone bench where a withered Cherry blossom tree stands. He eyed the tree and noticed how lonely it is. "Feeling alone as well huh?" He smiled and decided to sit on the bench. He looked at the surroundings and admired the pleasant peace and natural atmosphere this school possess. He eyed every group of college students, teachers, outdoor facilities and the trees of the park then turned to his palms. He smiled when he noticed a pink petal falling down to his hand and eyed it. "Must be the last Cherry blossom for the year." He said and looked up to see a clock post just opposite his bench.

Then he felt a tug in his heart and a searing pain mysteriously crept to his nape and forehead. He grasped hold of it and noticed that his sight became blur. Her image came once again. Her angelic image standing in front of a lone cherry blossom tree that blooms and accentuates her serene beauty.

 

~To be Continued~