Day 1: A Filled Empty Mind

Time Machine

He opened his eyes, slowly, only to be greeted by a sudden unfamiliar strong light, causing his eyelids to shut back... a few rubbing on his closed eyes and once again, he attempted to open it and was welcomed by the bright light of the sky that peeks from behind the curtains of his window. He eyed the sky, lifelessly, as his mind works on turning back to the real world. He sat up and rested his stretched limb to the soft mattress of his bed  and massaged the back of his head and his face with his other hand.

"That dream..." He uttered as he leans and rested his elbows atop his lap. He felt a mild headache and immediately concludes that it is caused by a hangover. He looked to his window and watches the busy morning streets. Plenty of folks crowded the walkway and the streets are beginning to be filled with busy cars, both private and public. He groaned in an attempt to release his pain and stood up to stretch his body.

It was a friday morning, the day before the weekends, and also his off-day from work. He remembered meeting up with his older friend Seunghyun and his girlfriend, Tiffany, last night. They had a couple of drinks and did a bit of catching up since both parties are quite busy to see each other often. Seunghyun is a famous actor while Tiffany is a member of a three member pop idol group: TaeTiSeo. Being famous, he knows that it is natural for those love birds to be busy and always have a fully booked schedule. He smiled remembering their funny talks and other things.

He went to the sala of his apartment room and pulled off his wife-beater to do his regular morning routine. He did a bit of warming up like push-ups, sit up, quick rounds of weight lifting and doing some one-two punches on his personal punching bag until just his body have waken up from its deep slumber. After gathering enough sweat and heat upon his body, he went to the kitchen to grab a drink. There, he was greeted by an excited boston terrier: Boss, his dog. He smiled and bent down to pet the adorably tail-waggling dog as it barks excitedly and his lips: his morning kiss. "Ok ok, Boss, chillax... you'll have your breakfast." He chuckled and stood up to continue walking to the kitchen. With Boss eagerly following, he opened the fridge and took out a box of milk. After gulping a fair amount to ease his thirst, he took Boss' food plate and poured some milk in which the dog happily drank.

He went to the bathroom to take a refreshing morning shower and cools down his body. As he lets the shower's water rain down to him, he pondered about his dreams again. "Same face... different setting. What's happening to me?" He said to himself as he rustles his fair amount of hair that he usually styles in a mohawk. Then his mind, as if playing tricks on him, flashed the face of the girl he dreams of frequently.

Her smile, innocent-doe eyes, forehead, slightly prominent cheekbones - everything seems to be out of this world. Her face is so heavenly that it is like she is an angel. He knew then that she is only a figment of his imagination. Someone who must have been considered, literally, as his dream girl. He smiled acknowledging how childish and dumb he is being captivated by the girl that only appears in his dreams. "Nope... she is just a dream." He chuckled before turning off the shower and exciting the bathroom.

After changing to a simple black long sleeve, jeans, a pair of casual sneakers and wearing his beanie, He decided to head out and take a quick walk outside along his buddy, Boss. He secured Boss with a dog lace and they went out of the apartment.

The atmosphere is quite refreshing unlike those days when he usually goes to work and back home. Day-offs are really something that he needed with his work being busier than it is. He is a composer and choreographer working under the same label as Seunghyun is, only in a different department. Despite not knowing how he actually ended up there, his innate talent really did its work to help him get used to it. He knows he loves music, he is a music major and a good one to be exact. He was even labeled as a prodigy by some famous music makers and even pianists. 

He arrived at the Han river and decided to take a quick rest after a long stroll from his place. Boss was enthusiastic and hyper and kept on leaving him behind as if leading him where to go. He sat down on a bench near a clock post and eyed the beautiful view of the peaceful river. There are small honks coming from cars and even from some boats that stride the river. But the tranquility that he feels from viewing the natural site wins over these noises. He is actually easing his mind and savoring the river air with Boss, sitting quietly, joining him along.

After a few moments, he stood up and left again.

 

                         

 

"So this is all of your schedule for tomorrow. I tried to fill in some few free hours so that you can have some rest as well. You're really tired and with the way you are now..." Seungri didn't try to continue his statement for he nknew that he might invade a sensitive topic. YoonA looked at him and smiled. "I'll be fine, Seungri. Thank you for taking care of me." She assured. Seungri eyed her with concern. Being her manager, he has a job to take care of her and seeing her like that for the past couple of days, maybr even for a year, isn't something that shows that she is being fine at all.

They are on their way to a press release event regarding YoonA's new drama show. After the news release of YoonA's new drama succeeding her two and a half years of hiatus, anticipation and excitement cannot be helped. She had gained a lot of fans, thanks to her acting ability and not to mention her angelic and innocent face. "So what time will my acting class be, Seungri?" YoonA asked as she looks at the window of the car, eyeing the wide sight of the han river and focusing her eyes on a man being led by a black and white Boston Terrier. going to a direction opposite theirs.

Despite her inborn acting talent, YoonA is still a student majoring in theatre arts. She is currently a sophomore at a certain university that caters music and arts. "It'll be at four in the afternoon later. So you still have time to take a nap after the press release." Seungri answered as he scans his schedule planner. YoonA looked at Seungri and smiled then turned back to the window on her other side. "Why don't you take a quick nap for now, YoonA. We're still half-an-hour away from the event site, anyway." Seungri said as he pulled out his phone and starts a call. YoonA looked at Seungri noticing how busy her manager is and smiled. She decided to follow Seungri's advice and closed her eyes attempting to have a quick nap.

 

"You seem out of it." I heard a voice... a calm and soothing voice... a familiar voice...

The voice I longed to hear...

I opened my eyes and turned to my side, seeing the very face of the man I swore to love until whenever. He was sitting beside me in this snow filled bench. "Oppa..." I looked around and saw a different surrounding... a nostalgic environment. 

Our place...

"You know... it's always been a good thing that you are able to achieve your dreams and move forward. You really are good at acting and your beauty compliments it." He said. I stared at him. He still has that calm and kind smile. The smile that I love the most. I missed the most. "I want to see you in a drama one day or watch you in a theatre play. I am sure you will do great. I am always here to support you." I heard him say. I was silent the whole time, although wanting to say how I missed him... how I longed for his presence... my mouth seems to reject my mind's orders.

Then he turned to me, placing his warm hand atop mine and smiled. His smiles always melts me. It's soothing nature always catches me off-guard. It is my weakness... he is my weakness. "I will pursue my dream as well. Let's go and reach the farthest that we can until we get satisfied and contented. I will support you and I will never leave you." He smiled. I smiled back at him. I wanted to tell everything to him. But my mouth isn't even moving. Why...?

He eyed me and noticed that something isn't right. "Are you alright? YoonA?" He uttered as he gently taps my shoulder.

 

"YoonA?" YoonA opened her eyes and saw Seungri looking at her with concern. "What happened?" She said as she composes herself and sits up straight. "You've been in your sleep. Nightmare?" Seungri asked. YoonA was surprised and knew that moment that it was a dream. She shook her head and smiled wiping away her imaginary drools and the forming tears at the corner of her eyes.

"I'm fine... just... tired, that's all.' She assured. Seungri eyed him. "I swear... I'll need to manage your schedules very strictly. I don't want you being drained out or something. Anyway we're here. Let's go. Are you sure you're ok? We can delay the event if you want." Seungri make sure before he opens hte car door. "No! I'm gonna be fine. Just had lack of sleep." YoonA said assuring Seungri that she is fine. Seungri sighed. "Well... ok then. Let's go." He said and exited the car. YoonA thought for a while and frowned. "It was just a dream..." She uttered.

"Youngbae-oppa." She whispered, solemnly, as if the name itself triggers her eyes to tear. She shook her head to get a hold of herself and wiped the forming tears in her eyes and composed herself before she follows Seungri to her destination...

 

~To be Continued~

 

 

A/N:

So yeah... I have lost all of my files and my fics included. I don't know how to do this but as of now I am certain that what happened really did a strong blow in my mind. I am currently depressed whenever I think about it and decided to start writing again for Time Machine since I haven't started updating it, anyway.

Just a heads up. I might delete some of my fics because honestly... I am really devastated with the loss of all my files and the chapters that I had pre-made. I am weighing my other fics if it can still be continued or not and I know I promised not to delete anything but with such circumstances... I have no choices. Please don't hate me. :(

I am opting to have a data recovery service for my Hard drive and hopefully, all my files will be recovered so I can continue my stories. If not then I guess I'm back to square one. :( Hope you'll continue to support some of my fics and my works.