Chapter 7 - Our Story

Eternal Maknaes

 

Ryeowook

            We saw a ‘New Comments’ message pop up and clicked on it.

             You two are absolutely pathetic and have nothing better to do. Rather than breaking ELF and Shawol hearts by protesting their carefully named OTPs, you should be supporting their choices instead. Writing this story is only going to make you seem pathetic. We know you’re the eternal maknae, but why do you act like such babies? Oh, this is amusing.      

                                                                                    -The legit maknaes

            Minho cracked his knuckles. “They’re stupid. Do they really think they’re funny? Oh no, this just makes me want to get back at them even more. The insolence of these maknaes.”

            “It’s all Kyuhyun’s fault,” I growled. “Taemin wasn’t like this. I can’t believe he’s trying to influence the little child into his so-called evil maknae line.”

            Minho laughed harshly. “Oh no, you’d be surprised. He’s always been annoying as hell. I just think Kyuhyun has allowed him to unlock that inner bad boy side.”

            I glowered. “Then maknaes in general all have issues. I’ve heard from DBSK that Changmin likes to act up a lot as well. I will never understand the mentality of maknaes. They think they’re hot stuff just because they’re the youngest. I swear, it’s always the other hyungs who spoil them.”

            I pulled up an empty Word document and began to type.

            Being the second youngest is always difficult. Used to being coddled by the hyungs, it’s only weird when the youngest member swoops in and takes over all that love. Suddenly your job is no longer to be the aegyo provider. It is to be just another older brother to this baby.

            We accepted it the new role with open arms. In groups where your members are your family, it is crucial we maintain a loving environment. Nothing can break us. So we devoted our love and care to these newcomers. At first, it almost seemed as if this attention would be reciprocated.

            You see their baby face, see them fresh out of training and think, “Aww poor baby. He’s going to grow up under our care.” There is a primary surge of love for the human being you’re going to grow up with. Being second youngest, the age difference between you two is the least, making you two natural friends. And you liked it until…

            The maknae gained popularity. With popularity comes power, and apparently in the case of these two, it comes with it a heady arrogance that only serves to annoy us. We worked so hard to get you to where you are and you feel zero ounce of gratitude? Stupid children.

            I stopped typing and took a breath. I had no idea all this was in me. All the anger just continued working its way up and I felt it start to really hit me.

Minho

            I watched as Ryeowook typed all his anger. When he stopped, I leaned down and took control of the keyboard.

            The arrogance that these kids have is impossible to comprehend, especially when you compare it to their small brain sizes. And to think that we once loved them. Their betrayal of our love is atrocious. At first, I supported him, thinking that this ego boost would be fine. But it only grew and became obnoxious.

            The amount of anger that built up in me soon exploded. I was sick of listening to his gloating, sick of seeing him boast of his abilities, sick of how blind people were to his evilness. If I could only turn back time, I would make sure to go back to the days when he was still humble and reverent.

            Some would say, ‘oh it’s because you’re hating, it’s because you’re jealous.’ That is true. I am jealous of his success to a certain extent. However, I cannot abide by his flaunting. The other members all have their own unique roles in the group, so they tend not to be overshadowed. But when you’re the second youngest, you’re considered the washed-up baby of the group.

            Couples are formed because our devoted fans viewed our friendship and saw more in it. There’s nothing wrong with shipping us together, but our names need to match. 2Min is insulting because it implies that I am equal to him, and I am not. I am older and I am more manly. As for Kyuwook, age does make a difference. Ryeowook-hyung is older, so he has every right to be seen as the topper. Even though many can say he’s more feminine, it’s not. It’s only because of his care that he seen unjustly. For that, I feel his rage.

            To our dear fans, kindly support us and please see the true nature of these maknaes.

            When we clicked update, we both knew that our fates were in the fans’ hands. While we waited for our online attack to commence, we put our heads together to think of plans for our more physical means of battle. 

 

One year anniversary~ Thank you always for supporting me ♥ I know this is a bit short, but I hope you all still like it. Monkey Emoticons