Chapter 5 - Baby Steps

Eternal Maknaes

 

Taemin

            Hyung approached me with a countenance of fury the next day. “Yesterday, we somehow managed to allow them to get the better of us. But it will not happen again. Today, we launch our first subtle attack. Today, we’re going to be having a radio performance. I’m going to take all of Ryeowook’s lines. I’ll pretend I forgot. You just need to start turning the tables on Minho. Casually drop bombs on the other members that will make them doubt who he is. Don’t worry, we got this.”

            I swallowed my excitement and fear. We had declared this war, and it was amazing. I shivered slightly. I had so much beef on Minho, he would have no idea what hit him. I walked up casually to Key and said, “So, is it just me or is Minho-hyung in such a bad mood these days?” Key looked up and shrugged.

            “He’s always so moody. It’s nothing unusual. What’s your point?” he was busy making dinner and spoke in a snappy voice.

            I shrugged nonchalantly. “I don’t know. I think he’s letting his popularity get into his head. And now that he’s losing, he’s getting really upset.”

            Jonghyun spoke up, “He’s always like that. He’s always been competitive. This is nothing unusual. If I have any say in this, I would say it is you, Taemin, who is stirring up trouble. But he's been getting on my nerves a bit too. Yelling at me all the time. But still, leave it Taemin.”

            I blushed and kept my mouth shut. It’s so hard being the evil maknae after years of being the innocent good child. I would need practice.

Kyuhyun

            We were performing in a studio and I knew this would be a small payback. Too bad Yesung would have to suffer as well. Oh well, that’s what happens when you’re friends with the so called eternal maknae. You would have to face the consequences. This really isn't that big a plan. It’s just stealing lines, and making Ryeowook look stupid.

            When we walked in, the producer greeted us and gave us a list of songs to sing. Perfect. Many of them are new KRY ones. I will just casually sing over Ryeowook’s lines. He can’t exactly complain. After all, most of the people don’t know who sings what lines. So I’ll just casually go over, and then stop in the middle, making him flustered. He will seem unprofessional, then voila! Humiliation complete.

            I can come up with better ideas, but this was a spur of the moment thing. He launched the attack on me first. I walked into the studio and felt my lips curve into a smirk. This was going to be good. Yesung skipped ahead quietly but Ryeowook looked at me, and he seemed to be thinking of what exactly I had in mind.

            I smirked. He will never guess. I sidled up to him. “Relax. You look like you’re constipated. I’m not always out to get you. Just because you’re that evil doesn’t mean I am. I actually have a heart.”

            He only squinted his eyes at me suspiciously. I shrugged. Let him be paranoid. It would teach him. We stood in our formation and waited for the music to start. When the opening thrums of the guitar started, I opened my mouth and started to sing to my first line. Then I continued, and continued. Ryeowook gave me a little look and started singing, creating a nice harmonious blend.

            Yesung took over and I decided to let the song drop. When it finished Yesung looked at me blankly. “Ya, Kyuhyun, you oversang!”

            I quickly bowed. “Mianhe. I’m so used to just rehearsing the entire song. I won’t do it again.” Ryeowook snorted and I glanced at him with a quick raise of my eyebrows.

            I allowed the next few songs to go off without a hitch. Then I took our new song Fly and decided to just let my entire plan form. I closed my eyes, in high concentration.  My lines were first so that made it easy for me to continue. I sang right through Yesung’s lines and I felt him tug on my sleeves. I belted louder, and completely overtook Ryeowook’s lines. When the song ended, I continued to sing.

            “Ya! Cho Kyuhyun! You just single-handedly ruined this entire thing for us, thank you very much. This entire recording is ruined because of your line stealing!” It was Ryeowook and he was fuming. Yesung shook his head in disappointment, and I felt a bit of guilt. Sorry, hyung, but this is war, and you just happened to be caught in it.

            The producer walked up to me and smiled good-naturedly. “It’s okay. It’s one of your first live radio recordings. And these are new songs. I’m sure you’re just getting used to it. It’s understandable. Ryeowook, Yesung, why don’t we record once more and this time we’ll make sure you guys get your lines in.”

            I turned around to hide a smirk. Even though this ended in a compromise, the point of fact was that I had won this. I did. He’s officially caught in a hole. There’s nothing he can do now without seeming like a jerk. Kekeke, I hope Taemin had as much success.

Taemin

            I walked around and poked Onew in the ribs. “Ya, hyung. A few days ago, Minho-hyung started making fun of me and now he’s taunting me. It hurts my feelings.”

            He looked at me and sighed wearily. “Why must you two be bickering? I don’t get it. I always thought you two were best friends. What happened? Fine, I’ll have a talk with Minho.”

            “Hyung, he really was mean. I mean I tried to make a joke and he yelled at me and stormed off. I don’t know. Maybe something’s wrong with him. I’m just really concerned for him. He is my best friend. I just don’t understand why he has to be all touchy these days.”

            Onew smiled and ruffled my hair. “You’re a good kid. I’ll take care of Minho’s problems. You’re right though. I have noticed that lately he’s been really… out of it. He’s been screaming at us randomly too. Jonghyun’s getting annoyed. He hasn’t gotten to Key yet, but it would only be a matter of time. Then that would be a nightmare for me to sort. Thanks, Taeminnie.”

            I beamed and nodded angelically, playing the part of the perfect maknae. Oh, you big derp, you have no idea what you have gotten yourself into. Even though you’re the hyung , I’m the maknae. And in terms of affection, I have the last say. 

 

HAPPY 11/11/11 ♥

kekeke

I love seeing that a lot of you are on the side of the Eternal Maknae! But our maknaes are cute too ♥ Monkey Icon