Chapter 21 - Mischief Managed

Eternal Maknaes

 

Minho

            I recovered rapidly and before long, we were having another SMTown concert. Kyuhyun ran up to me and hugged me to him. “You can be my personal hyung ,” he whispered in my ear. I smiled and tugged on his arms, throwing myself at Taemin, who had Ryeowook attached to him.

            I raised an eyebrow signaling to my old time partner and Ryeowook whipped out a water gun, and shooting jets at Kyuhyun. The maknae snarled and flung himself off my back. I, meanwhile, ran straight into Taemin’s embrace and too late did he realize I had a water balloon attached to my chest, which popped and soaked the two of us.

            Taemin glanced down at his wet shirt and stuck out his tongue. He soared down the stage, running to Onew and complaining about me. Our leader looked over at us and I blinked innocently.

            The dubu leader shook his head and wagged a warning finger at us. I threw back hearts and heard Kyuhyun cough whisper, “Hyung .”

            I made a derpy grin face and ran off, to high five Ryeowook.

Kyuhyun

            I was busy making faces when my foot hit a puddle. For a second, my arms were spinning circles in the air and I was panicking. I hate falling but I couldn’t get a grip. From out of nowhere, Ryeowook came streaking down the stage. His arms encased my waist. Although he was smaller than me, he helped me keep my balance and I smiled gratefully at him.

            He tapped my forehead and shook his head. “You just wanted to be the poor distressed maknae again.” I scrunched my nose at him and stuck out my tongue. Ryeowook patted my cheek. “I’ll let you slide,” and cheekily, he skated his way across the very water I had just slipped on.

            I waved my arms wildly for Taemin to come over and suddenly the lights dimmed. This was the cue we were waiting for. At once, the two of us placed our arms around each other’s shoulders and began to sing a song we had composed called “Maknaes are Number One.”

            It was a silly song and it made fun of the Eternal Maknaes. Halfway through our chorus, we heard them join in, switching the lyrics so that they were making fun of us. Everyone stared at us but the fans thought it was all planned and loved it.

            When we were done singing, Taemin and I blew violent raspberries at the other singing duo and we hopped off to the locker room.

Ryeowook

            Maknaes will be maknaes. We found out about their little song composition from the audio director and quickly came up with lyrics of our own. It was all in good fun and when we met backstage, Kyuhyun launched himself at me, hugging me. “How did you find out?”

            I smiled mysteriously and shook him off to feed him tomatoes. He took a bit bite and wanted more but I popped the other half in Taemin’s mouth. I grinned smugly and took out a magic cape for our next performance. “Magic.”

            The four of us caused a raucous backstage and Kyuhyun placed his head on my shoulder. “Hey, Hyung, you do know, I’m still the most adorable right?”

            I patted his cheeks. He still had some baby fat; how cute. “I know. But I will always be the eternal maknae. You may be the official maknae, but remember, there’s always Henry.”

            Kyuhyun pouted and Taemin gloated, “I’m still the baby!” The crazy gamer growled and set off on a wild goose chase.

Taemin

            For the ending song, all four of us ran out on stage holding hands. We bowed to the fans and I blinked back my happy tears. Ryeowook looked over at me and winked. The music started again, and together, we started singing the “Maknae” song again.

            I held hands with Minho and he swung our arms together. I gave him an impish glare but I was glad he was getting better. I looked at the bandages still wrapped around his waist and whispered, “Don’t throw out your back, now, you old man.”

            He wiggled his hips and made a squirrel face. “Back at you, little baby. You don’t want to hurt yourself before your bones stop developing.”

            I jump to be taller than him. “I’m catching up.”

            He tickled me and whispered, “Not yet, shortie.”

 

-throws confetti-

thank you everyone ^^ 

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR ♥ Monkey Emoticons