Chapter 1 - THE TRUTH (LIKE THE REAL TRUTH)

Eternal Maknaes

 

Ryeowook

            “Hello everyone, we are Super Juni-or!” I waved my hands happily in front of me. “I’m Ryeowook, Super Junior’s Eternal Maknae.” I beamed happily at the crowd. We went down the line introducing ourselves.

            “Hello everybody, I am the ultimate maknae, Kyuhyun!” Kyuhyun introduced.

            I tried to hide my distaste. He thinks he’s so adorable. He’s the most popular in our group. Girls thinks he’s hot, evil and funny. But he’s not. He’s a smart mouth and a wisecrack and a lazy bum. I heard all the fans cheer for him and my mouth twisted. If only they knew what he was doing backstage just hours ago.

            We were all preparing for our concert. It was our last one before SMTown goes to Paris for our Europe fans. So we wanted it to be well. We were performing with SHINee. I was studying hard for my solo as well as KRY’s part. Kyuhyun was playing on his computer. This was normal. He always does it. But this time he took it too far.

            He was researching popularity. Maknae popularity. He was, of course, the most popular. But there was a post from a girl who wrote, Ryeowook-oppa, is the eternal maknae! Hwaiting~

Everyone knows that this is my nickname. But Kyuhyun’s evil eyes gleamed as he typed back a response.

            Kekeke, you surely don’t think that? He only acts cute because that’s his image. I’m the ultimate maknae. The one who’s young and has all the charms. Yes, this is Kyuhyun-shi. I’m here to say that I’m better than all my hyungs.

            All the other members laughed in response, not understanding that this was irritating. I sat there, trying not to cry. It was stupid to get all worked up but I always thought Kyuhyun at least respected me. Yes he was insolent, but I always tolerated. I clenched my jaw and tried to breathe in and breathe out.

            He had the gall to walk over to me and sling an arm around me. “So hyung, after I out sing you in our KRY section, can you make me some food?” he smiled evilly. I reminded myself, breathe in breathe out.

            I walked out of his clutches. “If you out sing me, sure.”

            I hate that child. He’s not cute, not funny. I clenched my fists and had to fight the rage I felt. I watched him swagger back and forth, and all the hyungs love him. I wasn’t jealous, not at all. I just wanted people to see him for what he was. It seems he likes to specifically target me. There’s a line that he always crosses with me. He thinks I’ll always be here for him. But my gosh, the pranking, the teasing never stops. I walked out the door and wandered aimlessly towards the other dressing room.

Minho

            I sat in the back of the stage, trying not to hyperventilate. We were finally having our own duet concert with our Super Junior hyungs. This is an amazing opportunity. I sat in my chair, trying to keep calm. Onew was inhaling his chicken bucket and Key was examining his hair. Jonghyun was off to the side practicing his scales.

            Then comes our maknae. Our oh so beloved mature cute little boy, Lee Taemin. He was running around the dressing room shouting and whooping. There were no noonas to stop him and Onew never does. Key just snapped a tiny ‘shut up’ before going back to his reflection. I grinded my teeth together as he stopped in front of me.

            “Minho-hyung, are you ready for this? We’re going show Shawols that we’re just as good as our hyungs! And that I’m the very best.” He smiled, scrunching up his nose.

            This completely broke off my concentration and I glared up at him. Why was he always here bothering me? I knew I was being unfair he was really too cute.

            “Ya, don’t bother hyung. I’m trying to concentrate.”

            Taemin’s eyes took on an evil glint. “Oh really? Well,” he leaned in to whisper. “Concentrate on this. Today, Lee Taemin is going to show the world that he’s better than Choi Minho. Minho-ah do you really think you can be the charismatic one forever?”

            I bared my teeth. This pabo. Apparently he hasn’t forgotten last night. Last night, a very euphoric Taemin ran in with his laptop in his hands.

            “Look, hyung! The poll says that I’m the most popular member of SHINee. Did you know you used to be?” he asked innocently.

            I looked up surprised. I didn’t really care that much about the rankings but something about the way he said it irritated me. “Okay, what about it?”

            “That means I’m better than you! I’m all grown up and almost legal. All the noonas love me and you’re losing your popularity. Aren’t you even a little bit scared? I know I would be.”

            I shrugged. “It’s okay. I don’t mind that much. As long as we have the love of Shawols.”

            He laughed. “You’re such a nice person. Don’t tell me the competitiveness in you doesn’t mind seeing you lose to a child. Ah hyung, I wish I didn’t care as much. But I’m so happy. In fact, hyung, can you be my slave from now on? You have to do whatever I tell you to because I’m more popular.”

            I smiled to show that I knew he wasn’t serious. But he grabbed my shoulders. “Hyung, come on. Get on your knees, and bow down to the king of SHINee.”

            I slapped his hands away. “Insolent child.”

            Thinking about it now, I realize he was like this. He’s been like this for a while. This popularity thing was getting to his head. Stupid dance machine, you think you’re so awesome because of one poll? I stood up and brushed past him. I opened the doors to slam into a smaller man.

Ryeowook

            I walked by the door when it flew open and a giant came out and slammed into me. “Hyung! Mianhe!”
           
I took a step back “Minho? What’s the matter? You seem upset.”

            He shrugged. “Just some maknae troubles.”

            Hope gleamed in my chest. “Really? Share with me! I’m having them too. I swear maknaes these days are rude and disrespectful.”

            We rounded the corner and he spilled his complaints about Taemin. I smirked, knowing exactly how he felt. We walked down the hall and stopped when we saw the two devils whispering to each other.

            Kyuhyun looked up and smirked, enhancing those apple cheeks of his. “Hello hyung.” He smirked. 

Finished: July 29

I'm so sorry for not updating this story since it started. >-< I want to thank my loyal readers. Saranghae~ ♥

Part of my goal of updating all stories on August 3!

I know this chapter is a little lame, but I'm still trying to get a feel for the characters' voices.

Super Junior: Return of the Superior

Theme is uberual... interesting 

Mr. Simple is AMAZING. I'm in Love with it. Thank you. Opera is my favorite and Good Friends make me cry~