Chapter 17 - Harsh Reality

Eternal Maknaes

 

Kyuhyun

            As was typical of Super Junior, our very first episode was filled with bashing from the start. Each member had to take part of a game where we had to make fun of people. We had to play the “Harsh Talk” game. Two members went against each other and we had to insult one another. It was loads of fun in my opinion and I knew that Ryeowook would be a weak opponent.

            “I volunteer to go with Ryeowook.” I raised my hand. Eunhyuk gave Leeteuk an uneasy look but I stared at them innocently and waited for them to give in. They couldn’t possibly refuse me on national television.

            I squared my shoulders and smirked at him. “Ryeowook-shi, you can go first.”

            He glowered at me and I waited for his attack. “Kyuhyun, did you know that when you first entered, everyone was distressed because they knew you were going to bring down the attractive points for our group?”

            I stared at him. What was this punk saying? I am ten million times more attractive than he is. “Alright. Ryeowook, did you know that when I first entered, they said it was to add a vocal to the group because you were a cheap imitation of a good singer?”

            He good naturedly said, “Oh well. Okay.” So he was going to be unflappable. That was fine with me. I was even harder to change. “Kyu-ah, the only reason why Hyung took such good care of you was because I heard everyone wanted to attack you while you slept.”

            I couldn’t help it. I laughed out loud. That was the single lamest, dumbest thing I have ever heard. “That’s cute. You know when you had that solo where you lifted your shirt to show your abs, the fans thought that you had drawn in the lines?”

            He turned pink. “I worked hard for those!”

            “Whoa!” Eunhyuk interrupted. “Ryeowook, you gave in. You lost! Our maknae is truly someone who does not mince his words!”

            Ryeowook turned pale with anger at having lost but remembering that we were still filming, he smiled graciously. “I’m sorry. It was just I went to the gym very diligently because of that solo and he was being so mean.”

            I scoffed. Way for him to turn a defeat into a reason to be cute. I spread my arms wide and grinned at him. “I’m a master. It’s also because I speak from the heart.”  I winked at the camera to show them that I was joking. The last thing I needed was for them to say that I was in charge of causing rifts within the group.

            Ryeowook, not wanting to establish a poor reputation, also nodded and conceded, giving in. I silently congratulated myself. Cho Kyuhyun was truly a pro at such things.

Minho

            I cringed inside. I was watching the show Ryeowook-hyung had told me to watch and he was slaughtered by the maknae. This was a hard war to fight. It was difficult because Kyuhyun was smart and Taemin had his looks to ride him along.

            I knew that we had to end this war, and fast. If we lost, it was because we were not as evil as they were. The only thing we could do now is to take a final poll. I texted Ryeowook about my decision. It wasn’t because I wanted to give up. It was mainly because I knew that if this went on, the two of us would be brandished as petty. The maknaes were never going to lose their advantage.        

            What we wanted to do now was save whatever we had. Ryeowook agreed and we decided to settle it by posting a poll through twitter. This was the only way. We had to leave it to the fans. 

 

Got into Columbia :) I'm going to keep working on this story. Only four more chapters left XD