Chapter 2 - HAHA WHAT THE LIARS DON'T TELL YOU

Eternal Maknaes

 

Kyuhyun

            It was so much fun teasing my hyungs. It’s even funnier when the hyung in question was Ryeowook. I mean, he needs to grow up. He wasn’t even the original maknae either. Kibum was! So why is he getting all worked up about being the eternal maknae. This shows immaturity. It shows that he’s still a child, and I’m just trying to get him to grow up. It’s called helping him. I’m being a good person. Child takes it the wrong way, sheesh.

            So when I walked by him and casually asked him, “So hyung, after I out sing you in our KRY section, can you make me some food?” his response made me smile. He was pissed. Ryeowook never got mad at me. He always swallowed my taunts, smiled and tried to make everything better. This was the first time he even acknowledged that indeed, in the vocal areas, we were rivals. I like it.

            I didn’t know why, but he always rubbed me the wrong way. Don’t get me wrong. We can be really close, and be really good friends. But lately, our relationship has been iffy. I started to feel like he was still competing for his role as maknae. And that was annoying. I’m the youngest, I should be the only sole holder of that role.

            So, I wanted to push him to his limit. I wanted to see what he would do if I ever made him mad. And I liked his response. People would say that it’s evil Kyu doing it again, but I can’t control this rage that’s propelling myself to do this. I feel slightly possessed and it was a surprisingly good feeling.

Taemin

            Maybe it’s because I wanted to break out of my good kid image. Maybe it’s because I wanted to see just how far I can go before the spells of being the youngest broke. Maybe I was just sick and tired of Minho being there, like the hyung he is. But I wanted to kick him down. He always acted as if he was better than me, even though he insists that it’s just because he’s looking out for me.

            I watched him storm out of the room and felt a slight satisfaction. Good, it’s about time your days in the spotlight is over. I am so sick of being attached to you, always being known as your sidekick. It’s about time I took the spotlight.

            I slipped out of the room and walked over to Super Junior’s waiting room. I couldn’t wait to work together with my awesome hyungs. I knocked and the doors swung open to reveal Kyuhyun-hyung.

            “Kyu-hyung!” I greeted him. He put a finger to his lips and steered me out towards the hall. I looked at him curiously.

            He had on his characteristic evil look and we sat down on the chairs. “I need your help. You know that show maknae rebellion? Isn’t it weird how we weren’t invited? I mean, it’s obvious. As maknaes, we’re the most popular members of our bands, hence we don’t need to rebel. But I think it’s about time our hyungs knew that. Have you been getting thoughts about overthrowing, let’s say, Minho?”

            I stared up at this awesome figure before me. “You read my mind! I was just thinking that. I’m so sick of him hogging all the attention. I mean, all the other members think that he’s the best and he’s such a hyung , I hate it. I do aegyo with them but in the end they still say oh Taemin’s the responsible one.”

            His grin grew wider. In fact he looked the cat who just ate the canary. “Brilliant! Keke, I’m a hyung , but I’m a maknae first. Ryeowook is the hyung . I swear, he uses that aegyo to get him too much. And it’s gotten into his head. The eternal maknae, he wants to be called. Pfft, that’s ridiculous.”

            “So how do we rebel?”

            He slung an arm around my shoulders. “First, we need to show you how to be a proper maknae. You’re too respectful. Watch me throughout this concert and you’ll learn really quickly. Second, we wage war.”

            I nodded, mulling over what he just told me. I heard voices and looked up to see a very shocked Minho with his arms around a very surprised Ryeowook. They looked suspicious. In fact, they looked like us, like they were… conspiring.

            “Hello, hyungs,” Kyuhyun spoke up from next to me.

            Minho pulled on his pained expression and bowed, “Hyung.”

            Ryeowook smiled at me. “Hi Taemin! Why are you with Kyuhyun?” he shot daggers at the curly-haired guy next to me. Tension was thick and I stood there, paralyzed.

            “We’ll see you later, hyung. I’m going to help Taemin prepare his dance number with me and Eunhae.” He steered me away.

Kyuhyun

            I led Taemin away and whispered frantically into his ear. “Okay, so during our song breaks, we’re going to be having balloons, gas pumps and toys. What you do is, target your hyungs. Just target the older ones. Forget Minho. In fact it would be best if you outdo him and annoy your hyungs to no end. That will show cuteness, as well as the way of the maknae. If you observe me, you’ll realize, I never ever target Wookie. I go for Leeteukie, Eunhyuk-shi or, my personal favorite, Donghae. Get the ones who’ll think you’re cute, the ones with authority. Win their hearts, and you’re in.”

            He nodded, a little panicked. “Don’t worry. Throw balloons at them, pump the gas in their faces. It’s all in good humor and if Minho just stands there, he’ll look like an uptight jerk.”

            I felt a little cringe of regret at giving away all my secrets, but what can I do? I must help my little dongsaeng learn the arts of our trade. “Oh and one more thing. They want to me maknaes, but we know we’re the classic maknaes as well as the hyung . Our whole point is to ridicule those two and to capture the hearts of the older members. That is key.”

            Taemin nodded solemnly and hugged himself happily. “I finally get to prove what I’m worth. Thank you, Kyuhyun-shi.” I cuffed his head slightly at the lack of honorifics but let it drop. After all, insolent maknaes is what we’re aiming for. 

 

SUPER JUNIOR: THE LAST MAN STANDING

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the music video. Hoping for a repackage, and new promotion song, but not sure. 

AHAHAHA and the rebellion starts...  Monkey Icon Cici