Chapter 18 - Polling

Eternal Maknaes

 

Taemin

            The hyungs and we agreed to do an online poll. It was the easiest way to assess our fans love for us. I knew that this would be an easy win for us. Minho hyung may have his charisma and Ryeowook hyung may be cute but Kyuhyun and I have the whole package. We are the maknaes and the good looking ones. There would be no competition.

            We simply took this as a sign of surrender, a white flag. We used our Twitter accounts to start a poll and soon Allkpop took one as well. We waited. The count rose before our eyes. At first, it was a tough draw. The two teams were mostly head to head. This was surprising.

            Kyuhyun looked slightly worried. “Maybe their pranks really elevated them higher,” he fretted.

            “Or maybe, they thought we gone too far with our pranks?” I looked at him and he shrugged.

            “Then these fans don’t really have a sense of humor.”

            But maybe all the Taemints and the Gamers had been sleeping because after a few hours of the Eternal Maknaes in the lead, we slowly took over. The two of us opened up bubbling water and celebrated with every vote we had over them.

Ryeowook

            I was worried. This was the worst idea ever. While I wanted to believe Minho and I would win, I knew it was going to be highly impossible. In the world where the fans were young, the two of them were more popular because they were also the more lively.

            When Minho and I were leading, the two of us could not believe it. We texted each other back and forth, trying to understand. Could it be that we may have made some sort of an impact? I was excited. Even if we didn’t win, at least this was better than last time’s blowout.

            After a few hours, we started to slow down and we watched the Maknae team’s power rise. Minho was disappointed, but I was pleased. We may have lost this battle, but definitely not the war. The very fact that we had made a difference, means that our pranks were not in vain.

            I was pleased.

Kyuhyun

            The poll officially ended our war. I knew what they were thinking. They believed that they had won the war but I knew better. All that mattered was that Taemin and I still won in the end. I knew that no matter what, we were still in the lead. I would let him think that he was ahead. I didn’t want to hurt his feelings.

            I grinned to myself. This was a war well fought. I didn’t really know how we would treat one another after this. I’ll still be the insolent maknae, but I think Ryeowook would probably be less bitter as he conceived that he had lost.     

 

I'm so grateful to everyone who has waited so patiently for this ;; Thank you guys ♥

Today's my birthday, so here's what I've been planning for a while ^^ mass update of all my stories