"Hi Ugly, Long time no see."

And He Called Me Ugly

Chapter 1

 

Why the heck am I running? and why the heck is it raining cotton balls? wtf is freakin happening to the world. . That cotton ball seriously hurts. That's as big as a ing pillow already.

 

"YAH!" someone called out. It’s a familiar voice that I can't quite put a face to.

 

Another cotton ball hit my face.

 

"YAH!" the voice shouted again. Is God punishing me? Then I felt everything shaking.

 

CRAP. "EARTHQUAKE!"

 

I immediately sat up. Now, why the heck do I have 2384974123 pillows all of a sudden?

 

"...what earthquake?" my brother asked as he stood by the door to my room, clutching a pillow behind him.

 

"It was raining cotton balls too." I told him and rubbed the side of my face. That dream felt too real.

 

"No dummy. That was me. Throwing pillows at your ugly face coz you wouldn't wake up. And I won't even dare come near you when you're asleep. I've learned my lesson on that."

 

I rolled my eyes and groaned while I lied back down. Another pillow hit me squarely in the face. "THAT ING HURTS!" I shouted.

 

"DON'T ING SWEAR AT ME!" my brother yelled back. "GET THE OUT OF YOUR BED AND GET READY FOR SCHOOL."

 

"..." I sat up and just stared at him. He rolled his eyes and left. "." I commented.

 

"NO. YOU'RE THE ." he called out.

 

I groaned and got up out of bed. My brother's not the most likeable person on earth. He's arrogant most of the time and he's kind of more than a girl than me.

 

I dragged myself out of bed and went into the bathroom. I held up my hair and puffed out my cheeks. Aigoo, another day at school. I took a bath and changed into my uniform. A brown pleated skirt, a white button up shirt and a matching necktie with my skirt with a navy blue vest and a blazer with the school emblem. I looked at myself in the mirror, my face covered by my long black hair. I slipped on my flat shoes and walked down to see my wonderful brother (note the sarcasm) tying his shoes. “Let’s go loser.” I told him as I stood by the door.

 

He stood up and smirked at me. “Like you care about being early in school.” He retorted.

 

I rolled my eyes at him as he stood up. “I didn’t say I did.” I told him and opened the door to the apartment. “I just wanted to get to school.” I told his as we entered the elevator. He eyed me, wearing my loose uniform. “How can you look so ugly in your uniform?” he suddenly retorted fully facing me.

 

I made a horrified face then gave him a bored one. “Why dear brother, how is it that you only noticed this today?” I asked him in a bored voice. “Why bother? Its not like I want a boyfriend. And its not like you’ll allow me.” I told him as we reached the ground floor.

 

“YAH! WHAT TOOK YOU GUYS SO LONG!?” That’s my brother’s girlfriend, Kim EunJung. She’s an okay person to be with. She’s very impatient. Sometimes really loud.

 

“Someone had a dream about raining cotton balls and earthquakes.” My brother retorted, placing an arm around her and walking ahead of me.

 

OH! I forgot, I haven’t introduced myself right? I’m Jang HyunJi. I have a twin brother named Jang HyunSeung, which obviously pisses me off a lot. We don’t have anything in common. Wait, we do. We look a like and we both love to dance. Though he’s more active with the dancing than me. He’s an uhljjang in school, I’m not. Don’t ask. I’m not in the mood to talk about it. Even if HyunSeung is an uhljjang he’s been dating EunJung since first year. We’re already graduating from high school (BIG HURRAY FOR THAT).

 

We finally reached school. I don’t really like school. I go to school then sneak out and play in the arcade. (hehe) I always ditch school with my best friend, Yong JunHyung. Speaking of which, there he is waiting for me by the gates with a lollipop in his mouth. No, I’m not some girl who’s gonna rush up to him and gush out. Though, I have to admit, JunHyung looks so bad- all the time. His necktie would always be loose, his shirt untucked and his hair was messy in a hot way. I calmly walked behind my brother, taking my sweet time. Girls were ogling at JunHyung as they passed by, he’s an uhljjang too but people were actually scared of him. Because aside from being an uhljjang, he’s also an iljeen. (a/n: uhljjang in Korea means best face or good looking and iljeen means best fighter)

 

“ HYUNJI HURRY UP!” JunHyung shouted, spotting me behind my brother. That’s why people are afraid of him. I honestly learned how to curse from hanging out with him all the time.

 

My legs suddenly had brains of their own running up to JunHyung. JunHyung stared down at me, “What are YOU looking at?” I snarled at him.

 

JunHyung smirked. “Seriously, you take forever to walk.” He retorted and we walked in. I shot him a death glare before I looked back at my brother and waved at him with a small smile. “You’ll see him in the classroom later.” JunHyung retorted again.

 

We got in the room and sat down at the back. Our usual seats. JunHyung has been my best friend ever since high school. I forgot how we became friends. What? I don’t have very good memory with these things. If you’re wondering, no I’m not in love with JunHyung, I do find him hot but ew I don’t look at him like that.

 

He yawned widely and laid his head on the desk. “How long were you up last night?” I asked him curiously. He looked at me and smirked again. “You know, your face with that smirk on will permanently be on your face.” I told him.

 

He closed his eyes and yawned again. “When you signed out on me, I had to mix some songs so I stayed up all night downloading and mixing songs.” He replied with his eyes closed. “I still need one person for my group you know.” He said, opening one eye and looking at me.

 

“Uh. No.” I replied to him flat. He’s been begging me to dance with his crew but I always shoot him down. “You can ask HyunSeung I’m pretty sure he’s gonna want to.” I told him as my brother came in the room with EunJung.

 

“Nah. I want a girl.” JunHyung replied, finally sitting up right as our homeroom teacher got in. “Come on, let’s play hang man before we ditch.” He said, holding out a paper with a small drawing on it.

 

JaeKyung, our class leader, and the most annoying girl ever, stood up causing everyone to turn silent. “Good morning Mr. Ahn.” They all greeted our teacher. And everyone started chattering amongst themselves again.

 

“So, everyone, we have two new students joining us.” Mr.Ahn said, struggling from the noise. I wasn’t really interested so I resumed playing with JunHyung. “We have Lee KiKwang who just moved in from America. And Yoon DooJoon who came from Sang Boys High. Introduce yourselves.” He told them.

 

Wait…

Did he just say… Yoon DooJoon?

 

I looked up. Surely enough, I saw the guy that I despised since Kindergarten. His eyes were surveying the room until they landed on me. He suddenly smiled. . I looked towards my brother and he had this horrified, pissed off expression on his face.

 

“Hi I’m KiKwang. I hope we can all be good friends.” The first guy said. The girls suddenly went crazy.

 

Yeah, yeah new cute guy. Whatever. I rolled my eyes and looked at JunHyung. “Girls should really learn how to control their ovaries.” I muttered under my breath enough for JunHyung to hear.

 

“Girls like you.” JunHyung retorted to which I stomped on his feet. He suppressed the shout, shooting me a glare.

 

“Hi. My name’s Yoon DooJoon. I hope you guys can look after me and we can all be good friends.” He said. Again, the girls with their exploding ovaries.

 

Once again, I rolled my eyes. “You should really stop doing that or it’ll be permanently on your face.” JunHyung retorted. I gave him a glare and punched him this time. “ JANG HYUNJI! THAT HURTS!” JunHyung stood up and shouted which earned us looks.

 

“Detention, Mr. Yong JunHyung.” The teacher said. I snickered at JunHyung who groaned in reply. “You too Ms. Jang HyunJi. You should behave better, like your brother.”

 

Yeah, compare me to that dork Mr. Ahn. I looked outside the window not caring. Like we’ll really go to detention.

 

“Okay, Lee KiKwang, you can sit next to JaeKyung here.” The guy named KiKwang nodded and took the seat. JaeKyung looked at him and batted her eyelashes. I want to puke at the sight. “Yoon DooJoon, take a seat beside SoYeon over there.”

 

. That’s in front of my seat!

 

I looked down at my table and found the piece of paper we were playing hang man on. I finally figured out the word. I nudged JunHyung and he looked down on me. “Yah, if I figure this out, you have to pay for my games later at the arcade.” I whispered to him as DooJoon came closer.

 

He smirked. There were only two letters on the 5 blanks in front of me.  _ E_S_. “Okay, if you don’t figure it out, you have to dance in my crew.” He said.

 

I made a face. But I was pretty confident. “You’re on.” I told him, taking my pencil then filling out the blanks. B E A S T.

 

His eyes travelled from the paper to my face. “Fine.” JunHyung said and laid his head back on the table. HA! I WIN! I was doing my little victory dance when I heard a small laugh in front of me.

 

“Hi Ugly. Long time no see.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys~ I really hope you like this new fic. :3 feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. :D