Another usual day

The Apple of Dragon's Eyes

 

Why you do this to me?No!Stop! Please please please no…”di~di~di~ * alarm clock ringing* I woke up with tears again. Is been 4 years, I still having this kind of dream with me every night. I wiped my tears and walk near to the mirror. “Good morning, J!” I looked out the window “Another brand new day!” I get myself dress up, took the jacket on my sofa and rushing out for work. As usual, I will just get a bun from the bread stall, put on my headphones, eating while cycling.  

Intro during the ride….

To those who do not know me, I’m J! I’m a student from Dylan Fashion and Art Academy and the part time waiter of latte café. I’m just an ordinary girl like others, everyday only work and study.

Morning, J!” Bom park said.

Morning, Bom” I replied happily while putting on the apron on myself. Bom is my best friend since I move to this city. She always remind cute and happy. Plus, she has a lot of followers always buy her gifts and try to get her attention. But yet, she is still single.  

J!J! this for you!” Bom handle me a fashion show entrance ticket.

Bom, where did you get this?assshhh…. this is awesome!” I could not hide my excitement and hugging her immediately.

That fellow who chase after is the organizer of this fashion show and he invited me to go. You know I never love this kind of fashion show… ” Before she continue the sentence, I already keep on bowing to her “Gamsahabnida!

Ash.. We are sister! Don’t bother to say that word!” Bom placed her hand on my shoulder and smiled to me.

Suddenly, we heard someone walked towards us.

COUGH“Ladies, tomorrow our café been booked by some special guests to celebrate their birthday! They are VIPs, so we should show them our best, ok? GO GO GO!! ” this lady boy in front us is our supervisor, Zack. He is a big jealous but he is a very loyal friend . Zack is one of my best friend but while in the working hours, he always ‘LOVE’ to show that evil side of him. Thus, Bom and I really dislike him when we’re working.

Ok?? GO GO GO” Bom imitated Zack while he walked away and I burst a big laugh. Suddenly, Zack was standing behind of Bom. “What you just said?” he said. Both of us get the  dumb head face knowing that we going to get in trouble. I try to explain immediately by “Aniyo, it’s not like what you’ve heard. Bom just….” Zack  have a fierce stare at me “you shut up!!I’m not done with you yet!” then he turn his face to Bom and pointed at her “You think you’re very funny? ” Bom rolled her eyes and said “What?! Is not like the first time you knew we like to play in this way!”

 “FINE! You stay back to clean up all the dishes and mop the floor tonight. Prepare all the decoration for tomorrow by yourself since you have so many times to imitate me! ” Zack tried to take his revenge on Bom.

“I’m here for waiters, not for your salve! Why I should do all this by my own?! ” Bom argued.

“I’m the one who in charge here. You could do it or leave!” Zack turn his back on us and start looking at his nails.

You!!you this…” I immediately cover Bom’s mouth before it get worse.

Yes, Mr. We’ll do it!!” I said.

“NO no no! J, you don’t allow to help her!” Zack said it confidently

“But Zack….” Before I could continue, Zack put his finger on my lips

“No BUT!!” Zack immediately stare back at Bom, who feel like ate him up…

Ok ! Bom’ll do it… BY HERSELF” after listened the answer he wanted, Zack move his step to his office and I let go of Bom. Phew~~

Why you agree on my behalf? Why you don’t allow me to scold him?” Bom said it angrily.

“We’re friend, no point to fight here!” I claimed

“Friend?! Did he treat us as friend? Did you saw his face just now? I feel like give him a big slap!”

“Don’t be mad! I’ll help you to get this done since now I’m in semester break!! No worry!” I comfort her with soft voice.

“Tonight, I can’t! Nickhun dated me! I have to go…. ” Bom said angrily.

“I…I do it then!! I do all of it! Then you could go for a date with him. Don’t be angry!”

“It’s impossible you could do all this by your own!”

I could! Don’t worry! You forget my words? ” We look at each other’s eyes and said it together “I’m the master of my fate; I’m the director of my life; I’m the captain of my soul” I continued “there is nothing I can’t do it! Go! Go for your date!” I pushed her away with a smile.

Late night…

I was alone in the latte café since I promised to help Bom settled all the stuff. I put on my headphone and mop the floor while singing along with song- New York by Alicia Keys

If I can make it here,

 I could make it anywere,

 That's what they say

 Seeing my face in lights,

 Or my name in marquees found down Broadway

 Even if ain't all it seems

 I got a pocket full of dreams

 Baby I'm from New York!

 Concrete jungle where dreams are made of,

 There's nothing you can't do

 Now you're in New York!

 These streets will make you feel brand new,

 Big lights will inspire you,

 Hear it for New York!

 (New York, New York, New York)

Suddenly, I saw a shadow out of the café. “It’s 1 a.m. now! Who will be out of the café? Will it be…” in my thoughts…I took up the mop and walk next to the door and have a peep. “no one??!hmmm” I take a deep breath and  open the door… There is no one outside but I swear I saw something.

 “I know you were there!!Show yourself!!” I try to calm myself, say it firm and loud. No one turn out but a cute little sharpei puppy. I was a bit scare of the dog at first but then it shows me a poor pity look. Outside was freezing so I immediately hugged it into the café.

What’s your name, little one?” I saw it was shaking, bet it was freezing too. I took off my jacket and wrapped around it “There you go! Feel better?! Who is so cruel by letting out there,huh? Are you hungry? I think I get some milk tho” I speak to it all night as if it will answer me. I do not why I suddenly concern and care so much of this puppy. Perhaps it looks similar to me? We also been abandoned by others.

It’s 3 a.m….

Finally, I completed all the jobs and get myself out of the café.  I placed the puppy in the box with my jacket wrapped it. It slept so sweet and lovely. Due to I’m afraid when the puppy wake up will mess up the place, so I only could place the box out of the café.  

Mian! I couldn’t bring you along with me! If I do, Zack and other roommates will screw me up! I promise you I will come early tomorrow to feed you!