Fifteen.

My Robot Girlfriend~

 

Yumi's POV:

After swimming, and telling who's the winner (of course I was 1st place), I told Dong Hyun a very important announcement.

"Dong Hyun- ah."

"Yes?"

"You know, I should always be with you right?"

"Yes?"

"So I decided you should stay inside the school dorm instead of traveling far outside. It might be dangerous, especially if you have night classes."

He seemed uneasy with my suggestion. Does this mean... he's living together with that freak girl Athena?!

"Actually, Athena might be lonely at the old dorm all alone...."

I knew it.

"But I need you. Who are you dating anyway? Aish. Whatever. I'm just trying to help." I pretended to walk out and have a tantrum. Naive guys like Dong Hyun always fall for these kinds of tricks.

"A- Arasseo, arasseo. I'll... stay in the campus dorms...."

I hugged him.

Dong Hyun's POV:

"Thank you for understanding me. Don't worry about the payments I'll take care of that one. Well, see you... later? You can pack your bags now when you get home. I'll be waiting for you in the dorm. Text me when you get inside the campus. Bye!" she said and kissed my cheek. Then she went and walked away. Why does this keep happening to me? I mean, it's obvious. I also like Athena. But why am I still clinging to Yumi? Is it because I'm such a big loser? Or I just want someone to protect me from William? I went back to my dorm all sad and gloomy. When I arrived, Athena was surprised with the sudden open of the door that she dropped the pitcher of oil she was holding. The pitcher separated into little pieces of glass while the oil was splattered all over the tiles, making a big mess. I'm used to this whenever she's around. I went near and proceeded picking up the broken glass but she stopped me.

"I'll take care of that." she said seriously, not even looking at me. Hah, I deserve this. Get mad at me all you want Athena. I still picked the little pieces of glass, but she pushed my hand away again.

"Aw!" I said as a piece of glass cutted my finger. She stood up and punched on the wall, causing a mild earthquake to happen. Then what she did next shocked the life out of me.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO THAT AND LET ME DO THE WORK! WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN! THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN US DONG HYUN! I DON'T HAVE BLOOD! I DON'T FEEL THE PAIN! I'M-!"

she paused and started sobbing.

"I'm a robot Dong Hyun. I was made so that humans can prevent working too much. That was my main purpose. SO LEAVE IT TO ME ALONE!"

I was dumbfounded. She never got mad at me like this. This was not the Athena I knew. The one that was always happy and quiet, the one that never talks back. This is not her. Is she.... jealous that Yumi was her replacement? She crouched down again and picked up the broken glass, and when she was preparing to stand up, she accidentally slipped. But I caught her in time, before her back hit the pointy and slippery ground.

She looked at me, eye to eye. Her eyes were sparkling, It was full of... of love and hearts and love things that I can't explain. My heart beat went fast. No. No, I can't be falling in love with her. Not now. Not when I'm fixing the life that William disturbed, MY life. She pushed me and continued picking up the glass, sobbing uncontrollably. I didn't want to break the news now, but I have too. She's gonna have to get used to not always clinging with me. We're not even in a relationship.

"Athena, Yumi said that I have to stay in the campus dorms from now on. She said she's worried for my safety."

She turned to me, eyes glaring.

"Well what about me? Don't you care for my safety?"

"You're a robot Athena. You can do many things. You can beat guys up. You even puched a hole through the wall for Pete's sake." I said, pointing to the wall that she just dispersed earlier.

I was trying to cheer her up, but I guess her feeling wire was already broken. Or she became numb already, out of all the horrible things I let her feel right now. She didn't say a word and just entered the kitchen. I started to pack my things. This is the only way I can forget you Athena. So please, forget me too.

Athena's POV:

I entered the kitchen and controlled my sobs by covering my mouth. How san he do this? Why must he continue being a slave to Yumi? Why? I can't even confess to him because I know how he will feel. I thought I would be happy by the time he went home, but when I saw his face again, I... can't afford to be happy. I always remember the scene of Yumi and him, hugging each other, feeling the love of each other's warm hug. I wanna hug him too. I know I can't do that. Because up until now, he still sees me as a robot. Not a human girl that he can like. I heard him packing up his things, and was about to go out. I pretended to cook something as I faced the stove.

"Athena, I..... I'm sor-"

"Stop saying that." I faced him. "You don't need to be sorry. We aren't even a couple. So save your sorry to the one that's worthy of it. And besides, a robot doesn't need sorrys." Then I faced the stove again and held back the tears that were threatening to fall.

I heard him sigh and went out, closing shut the door. Well, I guess, this will be the last time we will meet. I mean, I'd be guarding Vern in the NS building, It's not like I'd come to the IT Building. I went near the door and whispered ever so softly....

"Goodbye, my prince...."

Dong Hyun's POV:

I was leaning by the door outside. Somehow I can't seem to leave this place. But if this is the only way I can protect Yumi, and myself, I'd do it. I'd sacrifice... even my love for Athena.

"Goodbye, my prince...." I heard her slightly whispering on the other side. I.... I can't back down now. I made a promise to Yumi. And I never break promises.

Yumi's POV:

Dong Hyun's taking so long. What if that robot girl is abducting him now? Speaking of robot, I'm still not sure if she's a robot or not. I decided to look it up in the internet. (These aren't real facts. It was just for fun.)

HOW TO TELL IF HE/ SHE IS A ROBOT:

Option 1: The Voight-Kampf test 
Ask your suspect a number of emotionally probing questions, the majority of which are designed to upset the listener. The one about the turtle in the desert in particular will drive them nuts. If the suspect is really an android, he/she will immediately kill you, either with a firearm or with their bare hands

I texted Vern and asked her if she knows Athena's number.

"No, but I know where she lives? Want me to take you there?"

"Yeah sure. tomorrow."

"Oh wait. Tomorrow she's coming to UI."

"Huh? Why?" Is she planning to steal DOng Hyun away from me again?!

"Ah, because she said she wants to gurad me."

"Guard you? What are you, a five year old?"

We both laughed.

"Ok. I'll text you tomorrow when I see her. Why do you want to talk to her anyway?"

"I just wanna ask some questions."

Vern kept asking me what were th questions, but in return I just hanged up on her. Just then Dong Hyun arrived.

"Omo! I thought you were abducted by that-"

Oops. Slip off the tongue. Dong Hyun didn't ask about it any further though. I could still see he was sad. Whatever Dong Hyun. You'll forget about her eventually.

I showed Dong Hyun his room and left him there with a goodbye kiss. I guess that's enough for today. Tomorrow Athena. Tomorrow I shall know if you're an abnormal creature or not.