Twenty One.

My Robot Girlfriend~

Athena's POV:

I went to the bathroom because I can't stand the Dong hyun's and Seong Jae's staring contest. They looked like they wanna strangle each other. I checked my phone and saw I had 50 messages and almost a hundred missed calls from Vern. Aigoo! I forgot about her! I decided to call her.

"Hello?" 

"Vern- ah...."

"Yah unnie! Are you crazy?! I was like, calling you earlier! Why aren't you answering!"

"Aish, Seong Jae saw me at the cafeteria while I was waiting for you. He said you still had 20 minutes before you had lunch. Were you dismissed early?"

"Yeah... Umm... can I ask you something?" she sound unsure.

"What?"

"It's best if I ask you live. Are you done there? Come to the caf now."

"What? why would you let her-" said a voice on the other line. It sounds like a boy.

"SHHHT!" I heard Vern hissed.

"Who was that?"

"Ah, nothing. Can you come?"

"Okay I'll try...."

We hanged up and I went out of the bathroom.

"Seong Jae, I gotta go. Vern was dismissed early, and she said she wants to talk to me."

"Oh, okay I'll drop you off in UI. Bye Yumi, Dong Hyun..."

"Bye! I'll just text you when the party will be, okay?"

Dong Hyun was still looking at us, not talking. what is his problem? We proceeded to go.

Vern's POV:

I closed the phone and wacked Jino on the head.

"Why did you spoke? Athena heard you!"

"Why did you let her come here this early? We were enjoying you know?"

I gave hime the "what-did-you-jus-say?" face. He stuttered before speaking.

"Uh, what I meant was.... Uhhhh...."

I shushed him.

"It's okay to say you like me you know? Besides, I already know it. Why are you so awkward?"

"Well, why are you so straightforward?" he asked backed. I giggled a bit.

"I better go.... Athena might come any second now." he said.

"Okay, see you tommorow?" I asked.

"It feels weird to hear you say that." he laughed and I playfully punched his arm. "Okay, I'll visit you tomorrow. Bye."

He prepared to walk ahead.

"Yah!" I shouted. He turned his head back to me.

I slowly went near him and hugged him. lols, he might think that I always bully him and hate on him, but the truth is, I'm starting to like him. He's not like the other rich boys who are always courting me. Even if he's poor, he's happy with his life. I giggled as I felt him stiffen.

"W-what was that for?" he asked.

"Because you're a nice friend. Jino- yah....."

He looked at me lovingly.

"Please, never change okay? I like you just the way you are.... And never keep secrets from me, or else I'm never speaking to you again..."

Jino's POV:

"Please, never change okay? I like you just the way you are.... And never keep secrets from me, or else I'm never speaking to you again..." she said to me.

Oh no. I still haven't told her I'm not really poor. But... what if she suddenly hate me when I tell her I'm rich? Aigoo... I just nodded and left. I promised her no secrets, but I instantly broke it. And we're not even dating yet. Nappeun saram.... naneun nappeun saram....

Athena's POV:

Seong Jaw dropped me off on the caf and I instantly looked for Vern. When I saw her however, she wasn't mad at all, she was even giggling and smiling.

"Yah, what happened? And who was that guy with you on the phone?"

she snapped back to her senses.

"Omo, you're here! I didn't hear you....."

"Are you dating someone already?" I asked suspiciously. She was shocked.

"What? Ania! You're crazy unnie..."

"Well, why are you so blooming right now?"

"Aish, forget about that." she suddenly turned serious.

"I want to talk to you.... about Seong Jae." she continued.

"What about him?"

"Did you.... sleep with him last night? In his house?"

Now it was my turn to get shocked.

"Omo, omo! No! I was with-" I stopped. Is it alright if I tell her?

"You were with?"

"Ah, a friend...."

"Athena. Don't lie to me. Besides Dong Hyun, Jino and Seong Jae, I'm your only friend...."

"Yah, that sounds rude...."

"But it's the truth. Tell me...."

"I was.... with......"

"Athena!" someone called my name. 

"Dong Hyun?" Vern asked.

I turned around, and there he was. He pulled me away from the caf.

"Yah Dong Hyun!" I heard Vern scream, but Dong Hyun ignored her.

"Don't worry Vern! I'll come back! Just wait there!"

Dong Hyun pulled me somewhere I can't even recognize.

"What were you thinking?!" he suddenly screamed at my ear.

"What?!" I screamed back.

"You almost told Vern that you slept.... ah no, that sounds awkward. You almost told Vern that you were in my dorm last night!"

"Wha- how did you know? Were you eavesdropping on us?!"

He stayed silent. Why would he eavesdrop?

"Don't tell anybody about what happened last night." He made it sound like we did something fishy last night. "And please, forget about what I said, and forget about everything that ever happened to us. In the same way, I'll forget about you too." he bowed down and left me standing there.

I was shocked. What is happening? Did he just say.... he's gonna forget about me? It hurt. Why did it hurt so much? I wiped the tears I didn't know were falling from my eyes. Fine. If that's what he wants. I will forget him.

Dong Hyun's POV:

It was hard for me to say those words.... But it's for the best. I've been giving her hints, yet all this time I didn't know she already had a new boyfriend. And I wasn't considerate about what Yumi would feel. I am Yumi's boyfriend. How can I get so stupid over Athena? She's a...... a robot. A worthless, dumb robot. After I said that however, I felt my cheeks were wet. Am I crying? what the hell? Why am I crying over her? Why am I so stupid for crying for a robot over a human? Why?

Athena's POV:

It's been a 3 weeks, and I don't almost see Dong Hyun in UI. It's like, he disappeared, along with his memory, in my mind.... I've been spending time with Vern and Seong Jae, and although it's fun being with them, I still feel pain whenever I am reminded of Dong Hyun..... I wonder where he was.

At lunch Seong Jae said that Yumi already announced when the pool party will be.

"She said it will be on the 4th of June, just 2 weeks from now." he said.

"What's gonna happen on June 4?" Vern asked.

"Ah, Yumi's throwing a pool party at her house because Principal Kwon was back from Manchester. She didn't invite you?"

"Ani.... why wouldn't she? Does she hate me?" Vern sounded sad.

"Don't worry, I'll ask if you can come. And then maybe she'll allow it."

"But what about you Athena? Aren't you allowed on wa-"

I squeezed Vern's hands to stop her from speaking. It was a good thing Seong Jae didn't heard it. I eyed Vern.

"Oh, yeah.... Sorry." she whispered.

Well, whatever happens, I don't care. I know that Yumi's planning something, so she invited me even if she knew I'm a robot....

It's weird that I'm all alone right now. It's dismissal and usually Vern or Seong Jae would plead me to ride with them so they can drop me off on the dorm, but right now Vern said she was in a hurry about something. I bet it was a boy, cause she suddenly blushed when I asked her what it was about. Seong Jae, however, disappeared after lunch. I didn't know where he went though. At least I'm at peace right now. I was in the greenhouse, watering the pretty flowers, when the door to the greenhouse opened, then closed. I got afraid. Someone was inside with me. What if it's a man and it tries to me? My heart beat went fast and I slowly looked at my back. But what I saw made me drop the watering can I was holding. The person looked at me with a surprised face.

Dong hyun's POV:

It's dismissal time, and Yumi said she's gonna buy some stuffs for the pool party happening. I was all alone at the boy's dorm because it was a friday and my roommates decided to go to the mall and watch a movie. I looked at the time and it was 7:30 pm. Great, 9:00 pm is our curfew and I still have more minutes to roam around campus. I decided to come in the greenhouse. Whenever I am there, I forget all my problems, and I become happy. I've been going there since last 3 weeks ago, when I said those things I shouldn't have said to Athena. Her name..... I haven't mentioned it during the last 3 weeks.... I..... I miss her.... 

I went inside and closed the door, and sat on the wooden bech that was inside, as I stared at the flowers. I didn't realize there was another person inside, and then I heard a watering can dropped. I looked into that direction, and saw her. Athena. She's here..... She's staring at me with wide eyes. I slowly got up and started leaving, but her shouting stopped me.

"Seo Dong Hyun!" she screamed. I stopped, but didn't turn around to face her. I'm afraid I'll be hurt when I see her face.

"Why are you so dumb and stupid?! Huh?!" she continued screaming.

"Mwo?" my anger was beginning to rise.

"Why don't you just tell me you like me!" she said.

I was taken aback. How did she know about that?

"Tell me! Tell me you like me! Leave Yumi!"

"Athena, why would I?"

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU, YOU JERK!" she screamed.

What? Well then why would he date Seong Jae? I decided I shouldn't just answer her and continued walking.

"Dong Hyun how can you be so naive that Yumi's only using you?! Why can't you have the courage to tell me you like me too?!"

that's it. I snapped. I turned to her and spitted the deadly words in front of her face. I..... I have to do it.... Why? Because.... we're different. I can't..... And everyone knows I can't.....

"BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE YOU! YOU'RE JUST A PIECE OF METAL ATHENA! YOU MEAN NO PURPOSE TO ME!"

But I was even more pained when I saw her face. She looked so weak, and she was crying really hard. I wanted to hug her, to kiss her, to comfort her, but my mind won't let me. It kept telling me that we are different, that we can't be together.

I walked away and proceeded to go out, but something stopped me. She..... she was hugging me.

Athena's POV:

I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't stand not seeing him, avoiding him. I don't wanna be away from him.

He was preparing to get out, so I hugged him. I don't care if someone sees us like this. I like him. I LOVE HIM.

"Please.... please don't go...." I pleaded. I may sound stupid, but I don't care. I never cared, because all I care about are my feelings for him.

"Let go of me." he said. I was shocked. But.... I felt it.... I know he likes me. Why is he denying his heart? Is it because I'm different?

"I said let go of me!" he pushed me back and I landed on my . "Maybe you're forgetting something, so I'll say this loud and clear; YOU'RE A ROBOT. I'M A HUMAN." with that he took off, leaving me all alone in the greenhouse.

Dong Hyun's POV:

I have to do this. I can't risk her safety. I know if I admit my love for her and Yumi finds out about it she'll make ways to destroy Athena's system. And she knows Athena's a robot. I don't want Athena to be hurt because of the foolishness I've done. I'd like to be the one who is hurt instead.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hi guys. The end is near, huhuhu... Please give your comments, if you think my grammar is blech, or give your ratings to the story. 

Bonus: I saw this vid and hahahaha! It was Dong Hyun back when he was a kid. loljk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3yAvCI6_Ps&feature=related