Twenty Two.

My Robot Girlfriend~

Dong Hyun's POV:

It's the day of the pool party and I was so busy welcoming the people inside. Yumi said to her father that I was her official boyfriend, and I can't even understand that. First she tells me she wants me to pretend to be her boyfriend to get away from William, then she tells me that William and her are really friends and that she really likes me. Is she bonkers or what? Anyway, basically not only the whole UI knows about but also Yumi's relatives. I can't stand looking like a fool and just keep pretending that I like Yumi.... But I have to... Yumi knew about my encounter with Athena on the Greenhouse. Turns out, one of the students passed by when Athena hugged me, and he reported it to Yumi.

"Leave me, and I will break her. And not only that, You'll get kicked out of your dream school." I remember her threatening me. And so here I am, being treated like a dog. I wouldn't care less if I was kicked out of UI. I was only afraid of Athena's safety. Even if we're worlds apart, there's no harm in loving someone like her right?

"Dong Hyun- ah!" Yumi screamed. I looked into her direction and she pointed at something. i looked and then I saw Athena and Seong Jae entering while holding hands. Rage instantly filled me, but I chose to ignore it. After what I said to her I don't think there are enough cuss words she can spit in my face when I confess to her that I really love her.

I looked down, but not before meeting eyes with Seong Jae. He doesn't seem to care about my gaze as he was busily laughing and having fun with Athena. Well hello? I am here? Can't I be a distraction to your love dovey time?

They ignored me and continued walking ahead. So much for distraction.

Athena's POV:

I was damn scared of coming out of Seong Jae's car. After my confession? How can I be comfortably meeting with Dong Hyun now? Since the confession I did not return to UI. Vern and some of the people who I managed to be friends with were wondering why. I just texted them that I was not well and all. Not well for 3 weeks... and then suddenly turning up at a pool party. Wow, you're a great liar Athena. A very great one.

"Hey, are you okay?" I was so scared that I didn't notice Seong Jae was holding my cold hands. Wow, a robot can have cold hands too? My creator must really be a really great inventor.

"Why are you so scared? Is it because of Dong Hyun?" he asked again. 

"Ani...." I said.

"I know it. I know you love Dong Hyun." What? how? He seemed to have read my mind as he spoke again.

"Because I see how lovingly you look at him when you see him."

"There's actually something that I did... And that was the reason I can't face him right now..." I confessed. Why must I agree to come to this pool party in the first place? And why must I confess at a wrong time? I told Seong jae about the green house confession and all, well, minus the fact that he can't love me because I am a robot. He seemed tensed.

"I....." he started. "I'll help you... All you have to do is ignore him when we see him and pretend that we're having a fun time."

"But aren't you gonna be mad at me? That.... I can't love you back?"

He smiled.

"Why would I get mad at such a pretty girl like you? I have learned to accept the fact that your feelings for me are just as friends after what you have said. I can see it in you eyes how much you adore Dong Hyun. I know it was painful for you when he decided to date Yumi and not even tell you, so I wanted him to get away from you. I don't want you to be hurt again. But now, that I have known that you still love him, even after all those bad things he did, I am sure. What you feel is true love. But now is not the right time to get back at him again. I'm sure he is still confused with his feelings. So let's just wait for the right time, okay?"

I smiled and he led me outide of the car. When we were about to enter however, I saw Dong Hyun at the entrance welcoming guests. I held onto Seong Jae's hand tightly and got scared again. He looked at the direction that I was looking at and sighed.

"Don't worry, I'm here. Just do what we had discussed."

I nodded and proceeded walking. As we walk past him I could see his angry gaze at Seong Jae, but I ignored it. 

Seong Jae's POV:

It hurted me when she said she loves Dong Hyun so much, but I had to keep it in. I can't force her to love me, I'm not that kind of guy. But if Dong Hyun hurts her one more time, I'm gonna puch his gut until he can't breath. I mean it. What's important for me is Athena's happy, and that Dong Hyun cares and protects her all the time.

Dong Hyun's POV:

The party started. Principal Kwon said he was very happy that the students of UI were doing well with their studies. Everyone had a good time. Others were in the pool, others were drinking in the bar, it looked like a very very elegant but very very fun party. Yumi was busy talking with other people I don't know so I decided to come near another unused pool. Yeah, I too got surprised that they have 2 pools inside their house. I looked in the water and thought deeply. Out of all the bad luck I have been encountering since I got here in Incheon, all that's left is to think, and to let my mind be at ease. Then I sense someone else was with me. I searched and saw girl with her back turned, sitting in one of those long reclining pool chairs. Might as well be friendly.

"Hello." I said. At first I really wanted to know if it was a ghost I'm seeing so I talked to her. She turned around and I was even more shocked. It was Athena.

"Oh.... I'm sorry if I disturbed you." God, it feels so awkward right now. No words can express how awkward this situation is. However, she ignored my statement and proceeded to turn her back again at me.

I walked on the opposite side of the pool, and sat at the reclining chair that also aligned with her chair. I looked at what she was looking and saw 2 kittens playing. Suddenly she spoke.

"You know, before, I was so naive and dumb about things in this world. I wondered why I was created, and why you were so mean." she said without looking at me. Then she continued.

"At first, I thought I was a burden to you, because you were always getting mad at me, and I always run away and end up being broken, and that makes me even more burdensome for you. When I saw you and Yumi together for the first time, I was enlightened about my worth. I was here, so that you can use me to get near Yumi." then she laughed. No, what was she thinking? I did not use her! Yumi was the one who came to me!

"And then I didn't realize that I was falling in love. Wow, isn't that strange? A robot, having feelings, like a human? It's weird now that I think about it. But you know what?" she said as she looks at me, with tears in her eyes, "when I was feeling those things, it wasn't weird at all. When I felt it, I think I was a human, and that we were free to be together. And then I thought, if I was a human, would Dong Hyun still reject me? And then I laughed. Maybe he will, because I am not good enough." she stared back at the laying kittens again.

"But you know what hurts the most? It's not the fact that I wasn't good enough. It was the fact that I was.... different. From you, from them. That's what hurts the most. It's like, I feel that I'm with all of you, but another part of me screams that I am different. And it hurts me more when you say it in my face.... That I'm different."

I was dumbstrucked. All that she's saying, this is the first time I've realized how hurt she was. And all I did was get mad at her and scream at her, and always telling her she's different.

"We don't need to be together right?" she asked me. She looks at me and smiles while crying. Then she stands up and walks near the unused pool. What the is she trying to do?!

"You don't need to save me, because even if I get broken, no one will care. I'm not a human, and I don't need to feel like one. And I am happy, that you have fixed me and made me into something I am now. I'm happy I get to experience your world."

she was so near to jumping in the pool now, so I rushed near her before she could jump and hugged her tightly.

"No.... Don't go.... You're important.... you're important to me..."

I felt my shoulders were wet from her sobs, and I hugged her even tighter. Now, I want to say what is truly on my mind.

"If you ever thought you were nothing to me, you were everything. I liked you, not because you're beautiful, or because you're different. I liked you because you're you. You know how to be patient, you know what hard workd is. You know yourself, and you're not afraid to fight for your right. I was a coward, weak boy, but when I met you, I've known that I can live in this world despite obstacles and trials. And you showed me that. And I didn't use you to get near Yumi. She was the one pestering me, and telling me that if I don't date her, she'll destroy you. I risked my feelings for you for your safety. That is how much I.... I love you...."

I didn't know I was crying too, and she was hugging me tightly already.

"We don't have to stop loving each other Dong Hyun. I don't care if Yumi will destroy me, I just want to be with you." Athena said.

"Sure she doesn't!" someone screamed from our back. We looked and saw Yumi angrily coming near us. Uh oh.

"This girl? This is the one you want to replace me with? Why? Am I not good enough that you want to date... A ROBOT?!?" Yumi sneered. Everyone watching us heard it and gasped. Like they would believe Yumi that easily. Suddenly, Yumi grabbed Athena by the arm.

"If I can't make you love me, then I'll make this freak disappear." that's when she pushed Athena on the pool. She sparked and the pool had electric shocks before she finally died.

"ATHENA!" I screamed. I tried to get her out of the pool but whenever I touch the water I get electrocuted.

"Dong Hyun! Are you crazy?! You'll get hurt!" Yumi said.

I then did the most amazing I could ever think of. I slapped her. In front of her relatives. She looked at me shocked.

"I followed you, and told you I'll pretend to be you boyfriend, so you could get away from William. But that doesn't mean that I love you! I love her, I don't care if she different, and I don't care if I looked stupid! What the did you do?!? You think my love is a joke?! Huh? YOU THINK YOU COULD JUST PLAY AROUND WITH IT LIKE THAT?!?" I screamed.

"What did you say?" I heard William coming near us.

"It's the truth. She said she doesn't like you, so she forced me to pretend. She said that if I don't, she'll destroy Athena."

William was speechless. Of course it would hurt him to know that.

"I forgive that you can't like me Yumi, but do you have to destroy and take away Athena from Dong Hyun too?" William said.

"What? Aren't you in my team? Why are you siding with that freak boy and his freak girlfriend?!" Yumi screamed.

"I have to side with Dong Hyun here. What you did was not right. It doesn't matter what Athena was. Don't you see how Dong Hyun loved her? He chose to be near you than being near the one her truly loves!"

"Stop this!" Principal Kwon said.

"Seo Dong Hyun ssi, Park William ssi, from now on, I prohibit you to study and come near University of Incheon. What you did will dirty the school's name. And as for you Yumi, you'll have to study abroad. What you did was very disappointing. Greed and Pride had taken over you, and it is not a right thing to do. So you'll leave tomorrow. Everyone! This party is over!"

Everyone went out and Yumi ran to her room. William was forcing me to get out.

"I'm sorry if you're kicked out of UI because of me." I told William.

"Nah, I should be sorry that I always bully you. Dong Hyun, what you have in you is true love. I may sound cheesy, but it's the truth, and that is your most powerful trait. Once you love something, you'll put your mind and soul to it. Come on let's go."

But I wouldn't budge from my seat. I was looking at the water, and the sunken metal body underneath.

"I can't leave her here. I just.... can't...." I said, with tears continuously flowing from my eyes.

Then, Seong Jae came near us.

"I can't believe this. Athena is actually....a robot?" he said.

I nodded.

"So that's the reason why she wouldn't allow me to court her."

"Huh? What do you mean? You said you and Athena were dating?"

"Ani, she just wanted to make you jealous. Because she knows you love her, even if you don't say it. Dong hyun, this may be hard, but you have to leave her be. You have to accept the fact that.... she's gone....."

WIth his statement, I cried harder. I did not look like a man right now at all. But.... I can't afford to leave the one I love here..... I stood up and walked away, with my swollen eyes, and shattered heart.

Everyone was shocked about what happened to Athena that Monday morning. The news had spread fast, and everyone was shocked that she really was a robot. Whenever they see me, they comforted me, even others who I am not close with. They must have known and heard how much I loved Athena too.

"Annyeong Seong Jae oppa! Annyeong Dong Hyun-ah! Where's Athena?" Vern approached us at lunch time. Noticing we were sad, she tensed up.

"What's going on?"

"Vern, Athena.... she's.... she's gone." Seong Jae said.

"Huh? Where did she go?" the naive Vern asked.

"Last Saturday, Yumi was so angry at her, that she.... she pushed Athena in the pool. Everyone knows she's a robot now Vern."

Vern was shocked. Then she cried. And she immediately sprinted outside, dead mad.

Jino's POV:

I entered UI and heard some students gossiping about Athena and Dong Hyun. I decided to eavesdrop.

"Hey did you know Athena was really a robot?"

"Omo! Jinjjayo?"

"Yeah! And you know what? Yumi was so angry with her that she pushed Athena in their pool during their party last saturday."

What?! I listened more.

"Waah, really? But why would Yumi get mad at her?"

"Because the person Dong Hyun really loves is Athena and not Yumi, and she's only using Dong Hyun to get away from William! Such a mean girl right?"

"Who would've thought that a pretty girl like her was so mean! It's a good thing she's studying abroad already! I don't wanna dare see her face here for I might slap her!"

I was about to listen more but I saw Vern sprinting somewhere with mad and tear stained eyes. I ran to her to stop her.

"Why are you crying? What's the matter?"

"I'm gonna kill that ! She destroyed Athena! She destroyed my only true friend!"

"Vern, vern stop it. She's not here anymore, I herad from the students. She's gonna study abroad already." I hugged her.

"It wasn't fair. Why would she do that? Why?!" she continued sobbing. I comforted her.

"Shhh, don't cry anymore.... I'm here, and I won't leave you...." I her hair to comfort her.

Dong Hyun's POV:

After classes I came to my old dorm, since this will be my last class in UI. I let down my things and thought of something. I then decided to get out.

I knocked on his door.

"It's you again." he said.

"I need to talk to you. It's about Athena." I said.

"Well come in."

I came in and sat at the couch.

"I know it already. As I have said I placed a tracker on her system. And I know it wasn't your fault." Athena's creator said.

I then started to cry. He comforted me.

"Don't cry. Actually, I have to tell you something...."

I stared at him as he got a photo album from the shelf. He showed me a picture.

"That's me.... when I was still a baby...."

That's when it hit me. Could it be?

"Dong Hyun.... I'm your father." he stated.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Did you liked the Star Wars-y ending? Well, it's not really the end, just one more chapter (maybe 2 more) and it's bye bye Athena and Dong Hyun. :(

Anyways, what a mean girl Yumi is! She should be executed by Kimura Shunji! lol guys, I'm kinda addicted to Bridal Mask these days. :)

And! I am happy to announce that My Robot Girlfriend has a third theme song! Only, I was lazy to do a moviemaker of it. But anyways, I hope you'll like it!

EXO K- ANGEL < Click ^___^

Fact: When I first thought of the storyline, Athena was supposed to be an angel and not a robot, so imagine if she really became an angel and this song was the theme song. Waaaah, Lovely. :">